Watervliet, NEW YORK
Most Recent Watervliet Camping Reviews
Great small boating area!

Clean open and level camping areas. Prime areas are near the water some what elevated but you are able to drag your boat through on paths. Ice and firewood sold at $6.00 a bundle and it is Kiln dried so it burns fast. If it is windy I would move away from the water. Staff was young but were pleasant and accommodating and will deliver wood and ice. Great biking on paved areas.

Pretty Good Place

Had a great experience here, only one night at tent site. Site was a bit small, but overall place was very clean & taken care of. Booking online can be a bit confusing, I had to call for explanation. Overall I would recommend this place & would definitely go again.

HUGE sites!

The sites are very large and clean. The kids loved the pool. No internet connectivity in most areas. Clean campground. Plenty to do in the local area.

Rustic camping in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Rustic camping with all the amenities awaits you at Devil Doc campsites. You will find three tent sites and a small cabin with loft on the property presently. There are plans to expand into another cabin for the bathhouse. A RV trailer is currently being used as the bathrooms as well as a common room for hanging out. Future expansion will see a group site near the upper pond get developed, and a leanto with a glass face. (!) firewood is also available on the premises.  Free to roam around the property, you will inevitably end up hanging around Rich up near his house. The patio is always alive with music, people, and chipmunks who horde peanuts. Basketball is always an option (Rich is a big fan), as well as chilling near the ponds and creeks. The local store is a short 3 mile ride away, if there is anything you forgot, or Rich doesn’t have. Rich could be the most hospitable host we’ve had so far. Music, libations, fire wood and coffee. All were offered and shared. We had a great time there, and will be back.

The Devil Doc Campsite are just inside the Adirondack Park foothills. With close proximity to Northville and Gloversville, the world is never that far away. Or a good restaurant. The PeckHill state forest is close by for mountain biking. You can park at the trailhead on CR 101, or at Stump City brewing, to ride the trails. Lots of hiking and great fishing are found in the area, along with plenty of water sport opportunities.

My son and I had a great weekend there, and will surely be back. Soon!

It's an ok place

This is Massachusetts largest state park with 16,127 acres. The campground is small and the sites are close together. There are three levels with RV at the bottom with a bathroom, the tent sites are on the next level with a bathroom, and the three yurts are on the top level with a little bit of a walk to the bathroom. The park was very clean as it just opened up for the season. The bathrooms were also very clean. The showers (one in each bathroom for each sex) were free. The assistant at the check-in station was very pleasant and nice. He told us that the park gets busy with Tanglewood (summer home of the Boston Pops) near by. My wife loved the town of Lee and everyone was very nice. The kids had a great time riding their bikes around the campground and going on hikes. Other than that there really wasn't much to do at the campground. The one thing that I can confirm about other reviews is that there is a constant hum from a power transfer substation across the street from the campground. We didn't find it that annoying. We camped at October Mountain State Forest in a Travel Trailer.

Favorite campground in NY!!!

Me and my family go here at least twice a year. Its our favorite getaway spot. The campsites are nice and secluded but extremely spacious which is a very rare combination. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Great location within a short driving distance from Lake George.

Loved it.

Exactly what you need for car camping. Extremely friendly staff with a nice swimming area. Must buy wood on premise which can be tricky when you have a late arrival. Probably the cleanest bathrooms I’ve ever used at a state park.

Ranger Review: Van Rip Winkle Campground

Very easy to level and setup on #7. Full connections. Pay showers and laundry onsite. Loved having gated security. My husband went on a work trip (Albany airport isn’t too terribly far away) and left me alone for a few days and we left our rig to take the train (about 1 hr away in Poukeepsie) into the city for the weekend and we had no problems. Great launch pad to explore the area from. We don’t have kids, but they seemed to offer a lot of programming for them. We enjoyed taking long walks through the campground. Cell coverage was good for us to work (att & Verizon). Stayed 8 nights.

New owners

New owners- very strict. Horribly hospitality. Mainly seasonal and would need to be in the clique in order to feel comfortable.

You get what you pay for!

This was absolutely a top notch park. Everything was pristine and we'll maintained. The campground was completely full and we had zero issues with amenities or unruly campers. Every facility was beautiful. We didn't even have to leave the park because there was always something to do. We rented a golf cart from an outside course which was SUPER expensive, so it would be nice if the campground offered their own rentals, but if that's our only complaint, we're happy campers. Our favorite part was the dog park. I've never seen anything like it and wish we had access to something like this everywhere. We we're on site 58 which backed up to the splash park. It was one of the largest sites we've ever stayed in. The sand/dirt was a bit of a nuisance but not a deal breaker. The water/electric was positioned perfectly that we could have gotten away with using 5 foot connections. The garbage cans on every site was a wonderful addition which they empty everyday for you. Love, love, loved it here. We will return!

Great campground

I go here every year it's such a great campground

My favorite place in NY

Campground is big and staff are very friendly and helpful, I have stayed a various sites and they where all spacious slate floor so having something soft if sleep in a tent is recommended. The park offers plenty of hiking trails with great views, Overlook mountain hotel site, you can also hike to katterskills falls it’s a long hike but worth it when you get to the falls if not you can drive down and park at the trail head parking mid way down the road to get to the katterskill falls trail. Make sure to stop at the general store on the corner they have everything you need and souvenirs to bring home..

Great restrooms cleaned every morning staff was very friendly,awesome !!

This campground has many different size sites big enough for groups and small for just single. Great place to camp. The view from the town to the campground was amazing!!! Will be back!!

Not a KOA now

Good place. They weren't completely ready for Memorial Day. Extreme cancelation policy.

I go every year!

Me and my friends get a group site at least once a year. It's an amazing place with really great staff that care about the safety of everyone and keeping the areas clean. We always have an amazing time here. The views are great and we have never had any issues.

First time I went it was intimidating because I had never camped in an all tent camping site with no running water or public restroom areas. However, as soon as I got acclimated, I loved it. There are outhouses stationed at different areas all around, and bear boxes for every group. There are bears around so use the boxes seriously.

There are a number of rivers and little waterfalls that are always nice to visit. I plan to go there again very soon!

TRAFFIC WOES

When we first drove up I almost turned around. But, we had our reservation and there were none local available for full hookups. Driving in, the office was kind of run down. On the way to our site, we passed the "pool". Green, thick, and nasty - seriously! There are many trees, which is nice. BUT, the sites big enough for our camper were difficult to get into, and right next to seasonal campers. These people had so much stuff surrounding them, it was weird. (My opinion ) Painted rocks, knomes, plastic deer, pigs, knick knacks EVERYWHERE. The people were nice, but.. We were at site 212, and were here for 3 night. We had a family function, so leaving was not an option. The Northway was directly to the west , maybe 1000 ft through the woods, extremely loud traffic noise.

Great!

Nice campground, friendly staff, great trails around it. Would come back.

Great!

Had a really good time there. Good distance between campsites, good bathroom, fire pits. Overall really good. Would go back.

Love!!

Stayed in May and August 2018. Absolutely beautiful and CLEAN campground. Shaded and full sun site options as well as rental units if you don't have an RV. Boating pond, fishing pond, playgrounds, cafe/ice cream store, nightly weekend entertainment at their playhouse, new waterpark and two pools, tennis courts, laundry facilities, huge store, firewood and a trolley in the park. There is also another trolly to the village of Lake George, Great Escape and the outlet center. Bike trails throughout with a connection to the local bike trails leading to Lake George and Glens Falls area. Best part- the 2 acre dog park with shaded seating for humans , bathrooms and a dog wash station.

Another great place

Awesome sites. There isn’t a bad one. All facilities are clean. Great hiking. Amazing staff. All around great place

So So

Clean campsites very close to each other. Staff extremely helpful and are always there to make your stay better.

It was ok

The group site was nice and secluded. Was not a fan of taps being played every night, gave off a very creepy vibe my kids weren't into. Not much to do. Loved the salamanders though!

Very clean

All kinds of sites

Clean and friendly

Beautiful views, nice hiking trails

Fun in the sun

Drive your boat up to your campsite.

New owners

The new owners have turned this forgotten campground around. They made a lot of upgrades and you get unbelievable WiFi connection. I stayed there last Fall right before they closed for Winter. All hookups were turned off but water was still available at the office. Just be careful with your GPS do not take Quarry Road!

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

Mix of nice tent sites and an RV area

I stayed right on the river in site 14 with a small popup. The river is beautiful and the site was huge. We did some fishing and swimming. I get the feeling the other end of the campground with the RVs is not as nice and can be loud, but you can avoid it by staying on the tent side.

family fun!

peaceful for such a largecampground. waterfront sites worth the dollars! bring your boats and SUP boards for lots of fun! staff is friendly and helpful. grounds are large and well maintained. hikers and water enthusiasts will live this place! lots to explore

Excellent location.

Located just about a mile from Kaaterskill Falls this campground couldn’t be in a better spot. We had a wonderful weekend there. The restrooms were clean and had showers, which we did not expect.