Camping in Smith Landing

304 Reviews of 95 Smith Landing, New York Campgrounds

Guy M.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

2nd Visit , Even better

Made a return to Mongaup Pond and had an even better site then last year. This park is so awesome! Plenty of bathrooms and water spigots. Nice marked sites that are not on top of the next. And terrific fire pits that have grating to cook on. The “Pond” is huge and actually has a decent size beach.…

• Trout Hatchery
  • Catch of the Day! LOL
Sitesite 54
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Close to the beach

Campsite allows dogs, however, the beach does not. They have a small dog run on the other side of the large beach parking lot. Very clean, friendly employees.

• beach parking lot
Site74, water/electric
Carolyn W.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Weekend getaway

I was a bit worried about how the rangers....some reviews were negative mainly due to the rangers. But we had a great time and rangers/ campers were nice and respectful. Wish we could have more tents/car on site.

g
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Very nice lake with dispersed sites

Was able to tent fairly close to the lot. No cell service. If you bring a handsaw youll be good for firewood. Bugs were pretty bad. Awesome sunrise.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Clean and scenic

Went there this weekend. The site was clean and the pond area was very scenic. Not too rowdy neighbors which was a plus for us

SiteG158
Amanda C.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great campsite

When you first arrive at this beautiful camp check in is super easy and they even show you exactly where you need to be. It's an absolutely stunning site with lots of things to do. Nestled between Mt Greylock and a nice little town so you can still get things if you need. It's the perfect location.…

SitePond site 3
Guy M.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

PeekaMoose should be renamed Tic-a-Moose

Peekamoose is a very nice place if you’re into the primitive thing. I suppose it’s my fault for not doing my due diligence. I was in the lower area and had to walk pretty far with everything and make at least 6-8 trips for each load-in and out. I went and bought a wagon after the first day to carry…

• path through our site 2
  • very rough terrain for the wagon
Raj T.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Giant Ledge Camp Site

Best site in Catskills, sunrise and sunset

Love it!!

Very accommodating, clean, private, spacious, clean bathrooms and playground area! Turned into my go to camp-ground and we stayed after the pool had closed for the season last year but we’re excited to go again this year!

New GO-TO campground!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Very accommodating, our family cabin tent is 21x17 feet so it’s tough to find a “tent” site level enough we don’t roll out the beds haha. Clean, private, spacious, well maintained bathrooms and playground area! This place has turned into my GO-TO camp-ground WITH MY KIDS and we stayed AFTER the…

• Early morning Dunkin’ run ( we forgot the French press lol)
  • Good morning mountains!
  • 17’x21’ family cabin tent fit fine!

New GO-TO campground!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Takedown to remember the site!
  • 🔥
  • Road just before you turn onto the campground entrance!
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Awesome location!

Shawangunk was SUCH a nice place to stay. So many good things - though a few things to keep in mind when you're booking, too.

I definitely recommend trying to get the walk-in (meaning you can't drive to them) sites (8-15) because they're just a little bit more set back and kind of wonderfully…

Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Cranky old man

Great campground without internet, or a way to pay with your card. The host was so scared of my MEDICAL SERVICE DOG he made us leave. he seems to think he was mauled in another lifetime.

Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Superb

Quiet, clean enough and well worth the price. Showers are hot and there’s great water pressure. The cleanliness of the bathrooms depends on how busy the campground is.

SiteP31
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Wonderful staff

Wonderfully kind staff, peaceful campsites and great hiking. Don’t expect much from the bathroom and shower situation.