Central Bridge, NEW YORK

Camping New York Central Bridge
Most Recent Central Bridge Camping Reviews
Home away from home ❤️

This campground has come so far in a short time! The new owners complete upgrades every season. Themed weekends and an annual car show. We are returning for our 4th season and cannot wait until May 2020!

Family friendly/ rocky tent campsite’s

Located in the Catskills. This is a family friendly there’s bathrooms/showers playground, pool, potable water and a outdoor pavilion. Located near hiking in the Catskills and 15 mins to Woodstock.

The tent site are very richly and uneven, it was very hard to pitch a tent. When it rains theres a horrible smell across the campground.

Peaceful

Very nice and clean, quiet  and peaceful . Spacious sights both shade and sun. Plenty to do, hiking, kayaking, swimming or just relaxing.

Awesome

My husband and I wanted a quiet get away and we found it. Joel & Billyjo are wonderful people. Loved our conversations and want to thank them for a awesome experience in there world. We will be going yearly

Rustic Getaway

Beautiful small campground in the heart of the Adirondacks. Old growth abounds, surrounded by Maple, Oak, and massive White Pine making for an understory mostly clear of vegetation. Making for a secluded feel, but not claustrophobic. The river flows right through the middle, giving a nice ambiance with the rush of the water. It also gives opportunities to rock hop up and downstream, a dip to cool off, or float downstream. There is plenty of waterfalls, lakes, and hiking to be had in the area, including checking out the local towns. There were also a handful of the sites were walk-in tent sites to get one off the road. Most sites looked fairly level, but could be a bit akward to back campers into. Sites were also pretty rocky, but drained water quickly. Roads are relatively wide for campers, but the waste dump makes you drive through campsites instead of putting in a turn around at the end of the road, which appears to be feasible. Water was pretty mineral laden and I would get chunks of scale in my water bottles filling up. Make sure to use a filter if filling a campers water system. Overall a great little campground to get away if you want to disconnect from life and reconnect with nature. Can't wait to come back.

Nice place to stay

They have decent size sites, a lot were very private some more open. I have nothing bad to say. Restrooms and showers were clean, Rangers were pleasant to deal with and on top of everything, Bears were seen in the park and they noticed I had left food unattended ( I was walking to get a sponge from a friend at a neighboring site) and stopped to me it inquire. We camped in September and the campground was pretty empty = nice and peaceful!!! wish I had taken more photos.

Beautiful wooded area

We found the service and campsite lovely. The wooded area was breathtaking. Facilities were clean and functional but needed some maintenance/updating. Camp store was well stocked; staff knowledgeable about the area.

Nothing but campsites

LSP on Piseco Lake is just ok. There is nothing but campsites and RV sites. The RV sites are tiny and close together. The majority of tent sites on the water are uneven and look like they are spillways in Teton the

Best Small Camping in Catskills

KENNETH was a smaller campground that felt perfect for us. Private sites (not all, but many), clean bathrooms & showers and very friendly staff. There is no swimming currently on the lakes, but you can rent canoes/kayaks to fish or paddle around. The views from the day-use area is fantastic. We camped there for 4 nights a few weeks ago and we enjoyed all aspects.

Inside the park are four very easy hiking trails all around 1 mile in length. All of them were pleasant trips, especially the nature trail and blue trail. As you walk along the trails you constantly see or pass over the old rock walls that can be found throughout the Catskills.

Weekdays, the park was at a low capacity, weekends definitely picked up, but it was still very quiet and never loud beyond 10pm. Great place to visit and we shall definitely return.

A beautiful new (only 10 years old) campground

On the banks of the Hudson River close to Albany & Troy. Large sites with power hookups. There is water available to fill your fresh water tank along the main road. The bath houses are very clean and used for emergency shelter for bad weather. And this is quiet! I can't say enough good things - the best campground I ever stayed at!

Large park, things to do, places to go

Booked an "Elite 50amp" site but had no realistic map to go by. Many if these types of sites are parallel to the water, but the map makes them look like back in sites. If your site neighbors are in their spots already when you arrive it will probably be hard to navigate unless you have a 20' rig. We don't, ours is over 33'and we were lucky that our site neighbors were both home to move their trucks so we could get in. Once in our site had a steep drop off to the lake, not all are like this, but be cautious about this if you have young kids.

They have many activities you can do on site (swimming in pools or lakes, kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing, floating, bike riding, playgrounds or weekly planned events). They advertise having a trolly shuttle but never saw it while we were there.

Had some issues with the lack of lighting on the roads while walking our dogs and this only made it worse when the seasonals fly around in golf carts paying no mind to the large trucks trying to get by. The dumpsters were FAR away from everything so that was also an annoyance. They also have hundreds of sites and only one area with dumpsters, seems like poor planning. At the end of the weekend people had piled many garbage bags near the small garbage cans around the grounds.

The roads are narrow and many should be one way, but are not. It would have been impossible many places in the grounds to pass a rig on the road due to the amount of other's vehicles, golf carts, decorations etc… so patience is important when arriving and departing. The gas powered golf carts were also a bit of a negative only because our site was next to a speed bump, so the noise was a little but worse for us.

Had an issue with water pressure on Saturday around 10am and called the office to make sure there was not a known water issue. Front desk knew nothing and said they would send maintenance but we never saw anyone. The situation improved so we think it was just a high demand time of day.

We would return here due to the proximity to Lake George and Saratoga, but we would choose a totally different type of site.

We were on site 219 to give you perspective when viewing photos.

Not worth the trip

Stayed here on my way to and from Littleton NH KOA (wonderful place). Sites are crowded, uneven and trashy. Staff is indifferent, not really rude, but not very helpful. Although I had made reservations for both nights, they only had the first, and only a no-show let me have a site. Try someplace else!

Great place!

All the amenities we wanted, a river for tubing, and easy drive from home. This was part of our gemstone trip which including sluicing, diamond mining, visiting the gemstone museum, then we stopped at Howe Caverns on the way home. Tubing was the big hit with the kids. Sites were large. Very clean.

"The Whip"

Found this great campground 2 years ago while looking for a seasonal to retire my 1994 Georgie boy cruisemaster too. It has everything you are looking for in a campground. Pool , private 6 acre lake, playground, gameroom, camp store , pavilion area, full hookup sites ,pull throughs, tent sites , pump out service , pump out area. All for a reasonable prices. And it's family run , so it still hasn't got caught up in that corporate campground mentality.

Small and chill! I love this place.

This campground is a secret gem. They have new bathrooms/showers and family bathrooms. There's a playground, a pavilion, they do fireside jams. I wish they'd bring back open mic! The staff is friendly, the firewood is reasonable and there's a Stewarts about 10 minutes away for other supplies.

Ranger Review of GCI at Brookside Campground

Ranger review: GCI at Brookside Campground

CAMPGROUND REVIEW We ended up at this campground because the family we were traveling with needed to accommodate their 50 foot camper. As a rule of thumb- I try to visit as little RV parks as I can, but we were trying to find somewhere that would accommodate both of our needs.

While it is true that this campground does specialize in large groups and is one of the only places in the area that will host a rig as big as my uncles, that was about the only thing it had going for it.

Grounds were dilapidated. It was like they had too much to handle. The lawn was overgrown at our site, the bathrooms were always in need of something… it was just a glorified trailer park.

I will say that the spots were spacious, particularly pertaining to tent sites. However- the brook that the campground is named after is mostly stagnant. So prepare for an abundance of mosquitos!

Another perk is the location. It was really nice to be right near The Catskills. However, I will most definitely be taking advantage of the smaller and quieter campgrounds around.

Would recommend for: people with big rigs. Large groups with children. The sports “complex” and pool actually looked very nice and well maintained. There were kids everywhere.

RANGER REVIEW ON… GCI OUTDOOR CHAIRS

So if you’ve been keeping up with my ranger reviews, you know I am always very pleasantly surprised by the things I’ve gotten the opportunity to test out that I never knew I needed. Camping Chairs were actually on my list of things to acquire this year for our trips, so I was psyched (as usual) when I found out GCI Outdoors would be what I got to check out.

I purchased the “Eazy” chair and the Roadtrip Rocker.

So first, the Eazy chair. It’s a good looking chair that comes packed away in a pouch that slings over your shoulder. It’s pretty heavy, but we happened to be car camping this time around so that wasn’t a big deal. The arm rests are sturdy, the chair is comfortable to sit in.

The Roadtrip rocker I was really excited about. And the thing is pretty awesome. The patented hydrolics is pretty nifty and it’s really neat how it works. I was surprised to find that it packed so easily into its sack, and has a sling so that you can carry it where you need to go.

Grab your own here:

Very small but nice campground

This campground is located right on the edge of the road but is a nice well maintained little place. Most sites are rented already as seasonal so getting a site can be tough. Sits on a nice little pond

Nice place to get away

I’ve been camping at Gilbert lake for 35 or so years. It’s pretty quiet, the state has made many sites bigger over the last few years and is starting to add electricity to more sites. You can fill your water tank at the dump station as there are no water hookups. There is plenty of places to get water to wash dishes or whatever you need. The Shower/ bathroom buildings are a bit dated but well maintained. There’s miles of hiking trails including one around the lake. Multiple really nice pavilions, disc golf course and a nice beach with lifeguards for swimming. I would definitely recommend.

Super friendly family run campground

Great place that’s about 50/50 permanent sites and rentals. They have lots to do, the owners are very friendly and accommodating, the campground is one of the quietest we’ve ever stayed at, both at night and in the morning. There are many pull through sites, lots of wooded sites, and open areas for kids to play. We were impressed by how they didn’t cram extra sites into these areas, though there is plenty of room. Electric, water, and septic hookups were all modern and in great shape.

Great spot not too far from NYC

clean bathrooms and hot water showers. great view of the lake. kayaking. close to excellent day hikes.

Our FAVORITE!

Truly one of the best spots for Westchester/ Putnam campers! Clean, private, and tons of things to do! Hiking and fishing are great, and campers are incredibly friendly! We’ve been there 4 out of our last 6 trips…. never disappointed!

Great family campground

This place is enormous. This is a NYS park run by DEC. They are very strict with quite hours which are from 10pm to 7am. The had a truck come around many times after 10pm to make sure everyone was quite. This is a great spot for young kids. I was warned about high black bear activity in the region and even had to sign a waiver acknowledging their presence and all the rules associated.

Each site had a fire pit with a grill on top of it and a picnic table. Sites are very close together but that didn’t bother me. There are bathrooms and showers, both very clean in every loop. Attached to the bathroom area is a large sink to wash dishes.

The north lake is under construction so there is not beach front there. Beware of staying in Loop 6 as you will probably hear the construction noises.

The north lake does however have a nice path alongside it and a spot to deploy a non motorized boat.

No cell service anywhere in the park or close by.

I highly recommend staying here.

Relaxing family friendly atmosphere

Love love love pops lake. The lake is beautiful especially during sunrise, and the sites are large. Will be returning soon.

Diamond mining

We spent three nights here. The staff is fabulous. The mines are so much fun. Some of the sites are crowded but each site has plenty of space. The whole park is well maintained. Lots of room to walk our dogs. We will visit again.

Great Camping and swimming

Awesome place for camping and swimming. Beautiful views and great staff. Each tent site has its own fire pit with a grate for cooking.

Lakeside paradise site #33

Nice spot! We stayed two nights during the week. There were plenty of available sites to choose from and it was a really easy place to show up to and find a spot to settle quick. The view from the campsites along the lake was beautiful. We are passing through the Adirondacks on a weeklong exploration road trip and this place was perfect. Clean showers, flushing toilets, easy to find, and spaced out sites.

Pretty Good Place

Had a great experience here, only one night at tent site. Site was a bit small, but overall place was very clean & taken care of. Booking online can be a bit confusing, I had to call for explanation. Overall I would recommend this place & would definitely go again.

Rustic camping in the foothills of the Adirondacks

Rustic camping with all the amenities awaits you at Devil Doc campsites. You will find three tent sites and a small cabin with loft on the property presently. There are plans to expand into another cabin for the bathhouse. A RV trailer is currently being used as the bathrooms as well as a common room for hanging out. Future expansion will see a group site near the upper pond get developed, and a leanto with a glass face. (!) firewood is also available on the premises.  Free to roam around the property, you will inevitably end up hanging around Rich up near his house. The patio is always alive with music, people, and chipmunks who horde peanuts. Basketball is always an option (Rich is a big fan), as well as chilling near the ponds and creeks. The local store is a short 3 mile ride away, if there is anything you forgot, or Rich doesn’t have. Rich could be the most hospitable host we’ve had so far. Music, libations, fire wood and coffee. All were offered and shared. We had a great time there, and will be back.

The Devil Doc Campsite are just inside the Adirondack Park foothills. With close proximity to Northville and Gloversville, the world is never that far away. Or a good restaurant. The PeckHill state forest is close by for mountain biking. You can park at the trailhead on CR 101, or at Stump City brewing, to ride the trails. Lots of hiking and great fishing are found in the area, along with plenty of water sport opportunities.

My son and I had a great weekend there, and will surely be back. Soon!

Ranger Review: Van Rip Winkle Campground

Very easy to level and setup on #7. Full connections. Pay showers and laundry onsite. Loved having gated security. My husband went on a work trip (Albany airport isn’t too terribly far away) and left me alone for a few days and we left our rig to take the train (about 1 hr away in Poukeepsie) into the city for the weekend and we had no problems. Great launch pad to explore the area from. We don’t have kids, but they seemed to offer a lot of programming for them. We enjoyed taking long walks through the campground. Cell coverage was good for us to work (att & Verizon). Stayed 8 nights.

New owners

New owners- very strict. Horribly hospitality. Mainly seasonal and would need to be in the clique in order to feel comfortable.