Cassadaga, NEW YORK

Most Recent Cassadaga Camping Reviews
Nice little escape

This was my first real camping trip since I was a boy, almost 30  years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised with the experience.  I'm not a big people person so I was worried it was going to be people on top of people, but it wasn't.  Sites were spaced out enough that you know someone was in the site next to you, but you couldn't see them.

The real drag was the cleanliness of the sites, we arrived on a Thursday and pretty much had our pick of sites out of 15.  I think we found the cleanest non occupied one by far, but there were others that it looked like a kegger was hosted there the night before.

Please practice carry in/carry out.

Each site had a clearing for at least 1 fairly sized tent, a ringed campfire and plenty of branches and sticks to get things going.

Some wildlife around, but for the most part it was you and nature.

There is a small town not 15 minutes away if you needed or forgot something and it was pretty simple to get there.

I think we have decided to go back again this year as it is close enough to Buffalo, NY that there isn't a lot of planning involved.

Nice secluded campground

We spent a week there, nice campground. 2 sides border the Alleghany National Forest. Only 7 miles from Kinzua Wolfe marina. Great surroundings. Clean bathrooms, just a nice camp.

One of our favorite places. Very well kept, clean. Beautiful all year round

Spacious

Campsite layouts are non traditional with large driveways and often times the tables and fire rings are below the driveway.  With this layout you get more privacy with very few sites having and overlapping with other sites. Pitching a tent was easy on the driveway and fairly level. Some sites had large high sided fire rings which take away from the fireside relaxation of a shorter camp chair.

Bathrooms and shower house was below the standards of many of PA State Parks which we regard as the benchmark for campgrounds at reasonable prices.

Boating and biking all accessible from the grounds. No need to drive to the trails at Jakes Rocks.

Excellent location

This place is a great place to watch the sunset. Lake Erie has the best sunsets east of the Mississippi lots of things to do from fishing for walleye or perch or just out on a watercraft. This property is maintained by the Erie Port authority.

Good place

Nice place. Clean bath house. Affordable rates. Host/management is great!

Simple and serene

Hearts Content is best described as a way station. The sites are nestled within a grove of immense pines. Some are large enough for large RV’s . There are no showers. Bathrooms are vault toilets. Two of the sites include Adirondack type shelters. A picnic table and fire ring are within each site. I used this site as a staging area to explore Allegheny National Forest for a week. Used a camp shower. The closest town is Warren, PA. Firewood is available at the camp host site. Across the road is an hiking area with picnic tables and the like.

Cool under the trees

We were here in june. It was nice and cool w/ breeze. RR's were clean, lots to do. We were in 28 but liked 7,13,16,19,22,27

Willow Bay

The camp grounds were great. Staff was very helpful and nice. Camp sites were decently spaced out. Fire wood was priced fairly well but they don’t usually deliver($).and they sell worms at the gate along with ice.

The RVs had their own loop and tents and cabins were on the water down a wooded trail.

The reason this was 4/5 is because you have to unload the car then walk everything to the camp. There is no drive up access for tent camping. A wagon is highly encouraged

Additionally, vault toilets on the tent side and plumbing and showers on the RV side. Bathrooms were very clean and didn’t smell, the showers were hot.

I saw some boats anchored at sites which I thought was nice. I also got to peek into a cabin and it was pretty cozy.