The best GROUP camping near
Navajo Dam , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Navajo Dam Camping Reviews
Absolutely stunning

It takes my breath away! They have picnic tables and fire pit with grill for each site.

Very Nice, Very Friendly Staff

We stayed here for 12 days cause of center location to see it all. Hardware store up the road for any small fix-its. If you had a long day playing tourist order pizza and they will deliver it to your RV

Nice camping off the highway

Nice places to stay for a night. Several places to park but the road seems to get rougher as you go. Each spot can easily fit multiple campers or vehicles. Flags in rock pits stating no fires at this time but other campers were having them. Arrived around 3pm on Friday and only saw 2 other campers.

Nice site layout; Enjoyable stay! - THIS IS NOT KOA! NOW CALLED OASIS RV

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Friendly staff; shuffled our stay around so we could extend and not relocate during the week.

WIFI/ CELL SERVICE: Camp wifi and speed seemed to work really well! I could use email and stream videos with no delay; however we used a hot spot for work calls to be more clear, but their wifi probably could have been fine to do so. 2 of 4 bars AT&T but calls came in fine throughout the entire park.

SITE: Pretty campground layout. Love the"S" curved pull thru sites. We had an"S" shaped site with nice privacy and ease of arriving and leaving because of design. The sites all seemed to be nicely spaced from one another and private even though you are nearby. There were some views and there were a few pretty fall trees and a vacant pasture to look at while sitting at the picnic table. A small creek flows along the edge of site 23. Full hookup; level site; heated water so didn't have to worry about pipes freezing during stay; fire pit; grill; full sun site; rock roads but well maintained and not too dusty; light road noise. I'm sure the sites closer to the highway are louder near the campground entrance; no bugs in October that we experienced.

OTHER: Nearby Walmart and shopping center. About 20 min drive from Historic Downtown; about 5 minutes from Anytime Fitness gym. Laundry room was small and they didn't clean our clothes very well, but it was kept clean.

Our favorite camping spot near home.

Nice sites, all with tables and firepits. Mostly level. 24 total, some pull-thrus

Fun-Filled resort for all ages!!!

I seriously don't know where to start here!  This is a Costa Rican style resort filled with fun for the whole family!  60' rock wall, 60' free fall, zipline over the river, 18 hole disc golf, 2 huge fenced-in off leach dog parks, 1/2 mile of riverfront property on both sides, 2 sand bottom ponds with free stand up paddle boards, shuttles and tubes to rent to take you up river to tube back to the resort, white sand beach volleyball, trampoline, slip n slide into a catch pool next to the river, waterslide, launching waterslide, FIREWORKS every Saturday night in the spring/summer/fall, FIRE PEFORMERS Saturday nights (weather permitting), and live bands and DJs in the huge  riverside dance pavilion on Holliday weekends.  75 full hookup sites (soon to be 150) with daily, weekly, and monthly affordable pricing.  A few tent sites available.  SCHOOLIES WELCOME!!!!  FAMILY FUN ENCOURAGED!!! All of this in an area with so many amazing things to do within a 30 min drive….but you may not want to leave the resort because it's so much fun!!!!!

Simple and no frills, friendly, but a bit noisy

We were on our way to up Silverton but couldn't make it before dark so we found Westerly. Bonus points in that the hosts were extremely friendly and accommodating for us; we needed to extend our stay a couple hours because of virtual schooling on the road. They allowed us to stay until the "regular" for our spot #5 showed up, but they ended up canceling anyway. We were at the edge of the campground backed up to a stream which was nice and provided some nature sounds. However, the grounds sat very close to the highway and also the road behind up to the springs. There was frequent noise from annoying drivers. Not the campgrounds fault, but definitely impacted the experience a bit.

The spots inside the circle drive seemed much more packed in than the spots on the outside.  One thing to note, at least at our site, was that the water/electric were shared with the neighbor, and the site on our front side was the same. This resulted in a nice front-side experience for us as we weren't looking at (or smelling) the rig next to us.

Nice and clean

Very nice BLM (Free), pretty leveled, easy acces and easy out. Most of the spots are big and can be shared with more than 2 RVs while keeping distance and privacy. I’m a solo female VanLifer and I felt secure, unlike the other BLM (BLM National Park Boundary) 10 miles back.

Definitely worth driving a little further

We arrived to the area with plenty of time to explore our options. We decided to drive further up the mountain, gaining some elevation but it was much more secluded. The dirt road wasn’t terrible, just needed to be careful because the road is skinny and sometimes rocky. We snagged a tiny spot which is all that we needed for our tent and an area to make food. There was also some walking paths behind our campsite which helped us get to know the vegetation and animals in the area.

One of the most beautiful campgrounds

Vallecito is one of the most beautiful campgrounds I’ve been to so far. Grounds were clean, most of the campsite were large, bathrooms were kept clean, and the Vallacito creek can be heard throughout the campground. Only reason I gave it 4 not 5 stars was most furkids were not on leashes or leads so we always had pups running up on us while walking my pups. I mean I love letting my girls run free, but be more responsible people. I’d highly recommend this campsite.