The best WALK IN camping near
Woodbine , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Woodbine Camping Reviews
Great campground

First Camping Trip

This was my daughters and I first camping trip. The place seemed like it was alot of regulars so it had a community vibe. The staff was very accommodating and gracious. The onsite stores prices were very inexpensive which surprised me. Halloween decorations were the best. The playground was great my daughter really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. The miniature golf course could have been maintained better, but it was so inexpensive I couldn't consider it an issue. Our tent site was right next to the pond. It was a Saturday and they were rocking. I dont know if the person playing the music was a professional DJ, he was incredible. He has to be the greatest campsite DJ ever. It was definitely a vibe. If he's not on the payroll and the owners read this the person playing the music Oct 3rd deserves some sort of compensation.

RV Park with some tent sites

We stayed in the small tent loop at this private, primarily RV resort. First, the good stuff: The tent loop was empty for our 5 night stay with the exception of night 1. We were at site F17.

Bathrooms were cleaned multiple times each day, showers were warm.

There is a laundry facility. It's about $6 to wash and dry a load. There is no change machine that we could find.

If you have kids that are aged 6 and up, they are going to love this place.

Staff were nice and made several trips to the tent loop to make sure all was well.

Electric hookups at every site!

Baby turtles were hatching when we arrived.

And now the stuff we didn't like:

Well, it's an RV resort. The tent loop is crowded, site-wise, and I cannot imagine how packed together you'd be if every site was full.

The signage is almost non-existent. We drove right by the tent loop twice and there are no obvious "Loop A" etc signs. The tent loop is all the way in the back next to the pond.

If you are arriving after office hours, 6pm or so, you have to call to get a gate code. Otherwise, you are locked out.

Everyone has a golf cart and will drive into the tent loop to look at you as if you are a wildebeest and they're on safari.

Parents of small children and toddlers: the tent loop is surrounded by water on 3 sides. There is no safety fence. The water is mostly standing water so expect mosquitoes.

Site F 17 is the lowest point of the tent loop,which won't be a problem unless it rains. Unfortunately, it rained 3 inches one day and I literally dug a trench around the tent to keep it dry. F15 is on the high side and slightly larger site, request it if you can.

On Saturday night, there is a DJ and a dance party from 7-10 pm. It is extraordinarily loud and somewhat impossible to navigate a car through that many people. Plan on staying out of the resort or completely inside if you are up for it.

(I'm sorry for the photos; I didn't have my phone and had to use someone else's phone to take photos.  It was also torrentially raining so I didn't venture outside of the canopy!)

Walking distance to the beach!!!

This campground is split into 2 sides . The south side offers tent camping , and the north side offers RV camping . We pitched tents on the south side but also drove to the north side to park and check out the beach view . As long as you have your parking pass for the campground you can park on either sides and explore or fish . The plus side to this place is the beach is very close and in walking distance . We found tons of pretty sea shells . The downside is there are no trees around any of the camping sites , so you have no shade what so ever ! There are no fire pits at any of the campsites so you can’t have fires at your site . We were a bit disappointed about that . There is a community campsite as you enter the campground that anyone is free to use . The sites are close together and exposed . The bridge over the inlet lights up pretty colors at night and is very beautiful! It’s fairly close to stores . We had to drive about 15 minutes to the closest grocery store . I did forget to mention you are right next to the highway so it can be a bit noisy at night . It’s definitely worth it to check this place out !

On the Waterfront

The campground was VERY clean, peaceful, and had offerings for just about any type of camping. The dogs enjoyed walking the park, but there is not much room for them to play here. Campsites are well maintained and you can’t beat the 3 minute walk to the ocean.

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!

Memories

Been going here for the past few years and had some of the best times ever

So so close to the beach

This campground is unlike most—few if any trees, no fires at individual sites, and not particularly secluded. But what it does do, it does really well—level sites, clean bathhouses, beach access, and even a beachside restaurant.

The really good: Walk to the beach Cute beach restaurant Plenty of parking Close to towns/restaurants, etc… Kid friendly Quiet at night Beautiful view of the bridge Free beach parking with your tag Clean bathrooms/showers

The okay: Small, very tightly packed sites No trees for hammocks for hanging anything No shade—PREPARE ACCORDINGLY

The not great: The egg-y low tide smell

Friendly management but ...

Stayed for a long weekend with the family. Management at the front office/store were very nice and welcoming. Camp sites were very tight together. The seasonal sites were a little routy but didn't keep us up too late. Kids loved the fishing pond and exploring fantasy island. Found out too late that the train only ran on the weekends, kids were pretty bummed.

I would stay here again

Last minute I booked this place for a friend and me to stay for 2 nights to go to the beach. The beach is in walking distance of the camp site as well as fishing, surfing and other activities in the area.

It’s between Bethany Beach and Dewey Beach. We like going to Rehoboth Beach and that was only a 10min drive.

I picked site #087. Right across from the Bathhouse w/ a fence and some high grass between the site & Guardhouse.

The sites are butted up right next to each other, but are fairly big. Many people had reserved sites together & created a “base camp” which looked like the right way to go!

Both buildings were well lit at night, but didn’t really bother us because of high grass and leaving the front & back windows open 1/3 of the way.

This is a very family friendly place & everyone seemed to be in the “Active” community & there with kids & dogs. There is also night fishing in the inlet.

With that being said, I would make sure to bring EARPLUGS and SHOWER SHOES!

The only “complaints” we had were as follows:

1. By the end of the day the bathrooms/showers were a little gross.
  2. No open fires at your site for safety reasons (totally understand) & there are communal places provided for open fires.
  3. Need to bring propane cooking devices if you want to cook at your site (we ate out every meal lol).

All in all we enjoyed staying here and most of the people were supper nice. Check-in and Check-out were supper easy and you could come and go as you pleased.