Cedar Run , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Cedar Run Camping Reviews
Perfect Camping Trip

Just had our first stay at this campground and we loved it. The site was spacious and right across from the bathrooms. Bathrooms were very clean. The ladies in the front office were very kind and welcoming. Only about 25 minutes from Long Beach Island. It's early in the season so it was relatively quiet, I imagine it's much busier during the summer. It was the perfect start to our camping season!

Great family spot

Great family run and owned campground. Clean, friendly and fun

Home away from home!

I started going to this campground when I was two! It really is a home away from home. The owners treat you like family, the campground is beautiful & there is so much to do for the kids and adults!!! It’s so awesome seeing my kids running around and now spending their summers there! Come check them out you definitely will not regret it!!!

Great Campground for An Early Spring Get Away

My family and I camped at Bass River this weekend. We arrived on Friday and camped on the south side camp area. I believe that the North area is closed due to Covid , but I am not 100% sure about that. The site we had was large with a trail that lead down to a stream. It looks like due to covid that every other camp site is being used. It was cold this weekend, and I think that had an effect on the amount of people in the campground as well.  There are no hook ups at the south end so we had to fill our tanks at the campground and bring a generator.

All of the other campers close to us were pretty quiet and the staff from the park as well as Park Police seemed to drive through every couple of hours. There were bathrooms near our site, but they did not have showers , or hot water. AT&T cell service was reliable at the campground. There are alot of well marked hiking trails here as well. The campground is about 10 mins from Tuckerton where there are numerous places to grab food as well as Pineands Brewery. Overall we had a great experience here. The campground was well maintained, and the staff friendly. We will go back again during this same time of year. I can not ssay how it would be to stay here during the peak season when the lake is open, but for this time of year it was great!

Excellent recreation, mediocre camping facilities, but we will be back!

Husband and I spent the weekend at Bass River SP with the Pop-up camper. Stayed in spot#35, on the South Side Campground. We have never camped here before, but wanted to hike the Batona trail nearby. Reviews I’d read said the North Shore Campground was densely packed- the online map when booking showed that, so we picked South Shore spot #35 because it was camper friendly and seemed furthest away from other people. When we arrived that proved to be true, and we would definitely pick that spot again. The Rangers drove through several times before dark, but after dark there was little to no State Park management presence. Fine for us, but if I’d been next to the partiers camped a ways over, I would have been annoyed because quiet times were not enforced. The bathrooms were not close to our spot, which was fine for us. Toilets were not too bad, and were cleaned regularly. An even cleaner private bathroom is attached to the park office- a drive or bike distance- open after 8am, if you fancy your privacy. The showers were not nice- think cramped, stained, buggy stalls. I think the park really should replace the bathroom/showers with whole new buildings. You can hear the Garden State Parkway from the campsites, if that’s a deal breaker for you.(Wasn’t for us, plus the partiers a ways over were much louder than the distant road noise.) There is lots of recreating to be had here. The lovely beach was closed when we were there, but looked like it would be fun. We had a great 5 mile hike on the Batona Trail, and put the canoe in the lake. Lake was beautiful-very clear and calm. The trail was well blazed and not crowded. Passed maybe 1 other person per mile. This would be a great campground for bicyclers too. We will come back for the recreation, but not for the facilities. And if it was booked up, this would be a pretty crowded campground. Recommend spot #35 for privacy, or spot #21 looked good as a backup option, for campers. Tenters could book #37. Highly recommend South Shore campground for distance between sites. You can take dogs if you pre register and bring paperwork.

Family camp out

This is a cool little area with trails and a lake. We walked and explored, kayaked, and sang by the fire. The camp sites have plenty of room for the kids to run around and set up there own areas. Great area for tent camping.

Rustic

Great for groups

Close to the main roads but feels remote.

Enjoyable

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Baker's Acres.  The staff was friendly, our site was large, clean, and the most level site we have ever camped on!  We loved the nature trail.  We saw deer every time we walked on it.  My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool.  The playground was nice.  We enjoyed the scavenger hunt and Saturday night entertainment.   There were very few golf carts and all the cars drove cautiously.  We felt our daughter was safe to ride her bike.

Some people might complain about the condition of the roads.  We didn't mind them - it kept people from driving too fast.  The bathhouse at the pool could use an update but it was clean and the toilets flushed and the spigots worked!  The red bathhouse was nice with separate shower/toilet rooms.  Our campsite was a good 7 minute walk from the nearest bathroom which was a bit far so a small bathhouse near the nature trail would have been appreciated.

The trip into LBI was an easy one.  We borrowed beach tags from the camp store for a fee and headed to the Brant Beach section of LBI.

We usually do all of our own cooking at our camper but we did decide to treat ourselves to a meal at Calloways (about 5 minutes away).  They have outdoor dining and mini golf.  In non-Covid times they have some amusement rides.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.