Dayton, NEVADA

Most Recent Dayton Camping Reviews
It’s okay

Been here twice. Don’t get me wrong… this is a nice area. There really is not much to the campground. Not a lot of area for bike riding or hiking. The lake is nice but can be very choppy. It also can be very crowded. It tends to be a little on the cooler side. You can rent kayaks, and other items. Stores are close by.

Private property

Couldn't find any camp site without trespassing

Closed

Closed off season

Ultra Clean

This park is clean, has mostly pull throughs that are level and spacious. The park sits behind a casino that has restaurants, a Starbucks, a mini mart and a gas station. Easy on and off I-80 access works out great for traveling. We have reservations for our return trip.

OK, Its a Casino. BUT...

4 Stars for a Casino Campground you ask? The key here is location, location, location. Now of course it isn't a camping type campground, but it is a nice full hookup location that is a great jumping off point for so many things and places. 30 minute drives will get you to Virginia City, Reno, or close to Tahoe. Staying there for 4 nights gave us a great week of touring all of these places, as well as Donner Pass, Squaw Valley, North Lake Tahoe (remember the Cal/Neva Club?), as well as the local area of Carson City, including the state capitol, and a nice day trip around lake Tahoe.

Yes, it's a casino - you decide if that's good or bad, but the restaurant is pretty good and the meal was free for signing up for the players card. Having 4 bars of 4G LTE at you campsite isn't a bad perk either.

Convenient and Clean

We stayed here for one night on our way south from Likely CA.  Our space was very clean as was the rest of the RV park.  Nice laundry room.  Full Hookups.  Nice helpful staff.  The casino was next door however due to the pandemic, we do not go in those or restaurants at this time.  Only 18 minutes into Reno going south on Hwy 395.

Large spacious campground, great for families!

Great campground, lots of space for the kids to run around and great hiking trails. Lake Tahoe is just across the street and the firework show across the lake was incredible, but get to the beach early to reserve your spot.

Very nice state park, loop A has water and electric, some pull thru sites all paved.

Love, love, love!

This was a pretty big campground, and it was pretty full when I got there. But, the campsite I stayed at (45) was tucked far enough back from the loop road and had tons of bushes, so I felt like I was the only one there. There were rv's with larger groups on either side of me, but I couldn't hear a thing. The hiking trail was right behind my site, and I took full advantage of it, wandering through the backcountry. It was short drive to lake, like 5 min. With as many people as there was in the campground I thought there would be lots of people on the lake. Not so! I shared the lake with only a couple of other people. It was an amazing camping trip!

Does the job...

Sites are basic, which is fine by me. Sites are spread out and you have privacy from your neighbors. Sites have a picnic bench and a fire pit. There are Porta potties.

Today 9/14/2020 extremely smoky air from surrounding fires. Pesky annoying swarming bugs in the evening.

3 bars for ATT 3G 2 bars for Verizon 3G