Dayton, NEVADA
Most Recent Dayton Camping Reviews
Great Design

One thing my wife and I love about this campground is the creative design of the sites. They are close together but beautiful and create such a fun experience.

Super awesome

Customer service was really nice about allowing me to change the day I camped. Each campsite has a lot of room and I was able to rent a paddle board right across the street.

OMG

BEAUTIFUL!! Don’t bring to much down cause you have to carry it back up lol learned my lesson! 1/2 mile hikish downs and back to vehicle. Empty Mon-Wed the weekend got a little busy but wonderful still!!

Quiet camping

Easy access. We were the only campers at the campground. Plenty of campsites both north and south of the campgrounds. If you don’t mind constant utv traffic (we didn’t 😎) then this is a great place. The outhouse was dirty with trash, but it didn’t stink nor were there any flies. There was a very conspicuous absence of wildlife in the area. The creek is only about 3 to 4 feet wide and around 2 feet deep. If you’re looking for a swimming hole, this is not that place 🙂.

Beautiful Free Camping

Several areas along Blue Lakes Rd offer dispersed camping. We had a wildflower-filled meadow to ourselves in early August with plenty of near-by trails for dirt bikes, Jeeping, horses, mountain biking or hiking.

4th of July weekend

Had a great weekend and a good spot.

Beautiful forest campground

Gorgeous NF campground. Sites are varying sizes but plenty of RV size sites. Water spigots and bathrooms around. Not on the lake but walking distance away. Taylor's Creek and Valhalla nearby too.

Perfect lake location

Gorgeous National Forest campground with big sites. No hookups, but water and bathrooms nearby. Right on Lake Tahoe. Super nice hosts.

Perfect Location for Lake Tahoe

Gorgeous campground, owned by the city of South Lake Tahoe. Not many hookups, but perfect location for visiting SLT. Beach across the street. Only 3 stars because of hookup situation and extra charge to dump.

Glamping with all the amenities

Super busy campground with kids running around and riding bikes. They put on a ton of events like karaoke nights, live music, and smores nights. Hot showers and well lit clean bathrooms. Hard to find solitude or silence

Nice drive in camping.

Plenty of trees and river near by each campspace. No laundry facilities, no running water, clean toilet. No store. Camphost will sell ice, and firewood. It’s about 8 miles to the sweet town of Truckee.It’s on Reserve America for reservations.

Failure

We reserved our sites many months ago. In June I got an email saying our site was closed. I checked several review places and some claimed the gates were locked. Then later others noted it was now open. I called the rangers and they told be it was logged last year and some had not been cleaned up. A few sites were cleared but many had logs still in them. They said they call back and help me try to find a resolution. They never called back. The site is trying to charge me a $10 reservation cancellation fee even though my site is not available.

We ended up booking Chapman Creek instead. Looks like we made a good choice as every review coming in on other sites says the noise is ridiculous.

Beautiful!

We loved this place! Hard to get reservations. Big spaces! Great trails! A lot to do!

Beautiful location

Beautiful campsite in the Sierra’s. Trail heads are close by. Mosquitos seem to always be around so be prepared for that. Campsites are not too close together.

expencive campground

Full hook up,tooo expensive

Awesome and clean

Yearly tradition! This place is well maintained and clear water. Across the street is Silver Lake east, which is larger but not as cozy!

Great campground

I have been here several times and enjoy the proximity to the peaceful lake.  I try to locate a site away from the others to totally enjoy the serenity this area can offer. There are great little hikes to enjoy with the dog and a great place to toss a tennis ball into the lake for the dog to swim. I enjoy the short trek from Reno with my teardrop.

Great local campground!

I live in Reno and this campground is a nearby escape from the hustle and bustle of Reno. Great hiking opportunities for the dog and peaceful sunsets by a campfire. A super, close spot to take the teardrop any time of the year.

Beach view

No full hook up,fire pit,close to braxh dpot 52

Beach view

No full hook up,fire pit,close to braxh dpot 52

The Best Place to Camp at Tahoe

Always enjoy our time here. Campsites are wide and the place is clean and well cared for by staff. Close to shopping and beach. Bathrooms are clean with pay showers.

Beautiful and big family oriented campground

Just a small walk away from Lake Tahoe shore. Big beautiful trees cover the entire campground. A couple bathrooms that surprisingly do not smell bad and have a running faucet. Bears are a real issue, so they have big bear boxes at each site - make sure to use them. Sites close together and not much privacy. Camp Host on site. Very limited parking at the sites, but free parking if you park outside of the campground along the main road and walk in. Do not leave food in your car, especially on the outside. And dont forget to Leave No Trace!

Closed

We were up there at the gate last Sunday 7/7/19 And the campsite was closed down the road look like no one had been on it, the website does not show it as being closed.

Recreation Heaven

Great camp ground with spacious spaces. Accomadates large groups and tent camping. Friendly host and very clean. Stones throw from the boat ramp and Stampede Lake. Only down is the place is a little noisey.

Don't pay extra for the "lake view"

We decided to splurge and paid extra for the "beach camp" campsites. Unfortunately, from the vast majority of these sites, you cannot see the lake or beach at all. Granted, these sites are within walking distance to the lake compared to the other campsites of the area. However, it should be marketed as "walk to lake" sites rather than promising a view of the actual lake.

Otherwise, our site was nice and clean. We had site number 165 which is a little bit of a walk in campsite. It is located up on a hill and was quiet. Unfortunately, the bathroom facilities of this campground were very dirty and the dishwashing area was always messy. The one positive about the bathrooms were that the showers were nice and warm. Be prepared to bring single dollar bills to buy their coins to use the showers.

We also were unlucky because some campers did not properly store their trash in the trashcans provided and a bear did come to our campsite and destroyed the trash. Please be respectful of your neighbors and the wildlife and listen to the rules about storing food and scented items! All must go in the bear boxes and the trash cans need to be locked after you throw away trash each time!

Not to bad

Ok place. Near a lake and a casino. Dirty showers, no laundry and terrible WiFi.

Friendly and supportive

Fully hook ups and completely understanding when we had to leave early! Nice quiet park with great laundry and pool amenities!

Beautiful Campground

The scenery around the campground and lake was just beautiful. We loved our stay here and wished we could stay longer. It provided some needed peace and solitude during the very crowded 4th of July holiday at Lake Tahoe. Make sure you follow directions and use the bear boxes. We woke up in the morning to one nearby. Luckily the park ranger was already in the process of scaring it off.

Great community campground

This is one of those campgrounds that attracts both adventurous hikers eager to clamber up Slide Mountain as well as local families and community leaders. It’s a great stop over on a trip through the eastern Sierra.

Not in RV park but on the lake

Beautiful $15 permit and you find your own spot. You can be as faraway or as close to other campers as you want. No hookups or services but the water is perfect for swimming,fishing or boating. Bonus…..4th of July fireworks are permitted and the reservation sales awesome ones.( we are just observers)