Yurts
About Big Arm State Park
Hike In
Big Arm State Park is located in Montana
12 Reviews of Big Arm State Park
One of the best sites on my toad trip

I meant to crash here one night on my way from Glacier to Yellowstone but it was so beautiful I stayed an extra day.

Most of the sites are along the water, but seem a little close to one another. Fortunately, the woman at the gate told me about sites T1 and T3. They are both walk-in sites at the end of the campground (50ft to T1 and maybe 300ft to T3) and are SO worth it. I stayed at T3 and could not recommend it more. It’s large, you get nearly 100ft of private lakeside, plenty of sun but also enough trees to provide shade. It’s just spectacular. The only draw back is that the tent site is a bit sloped, but that’s it. Everything else is magnificent. I set my hammock up over the edge of the water and just read all day with a couple dips in the lake here and there.

Truly one of the best campsites I’ve ever had.

For a state park fee - totally worth it!

GORGEOUS! dry camping but beautiful view! We had lake front with a picnic table by the lake. Friendly hosts & rangers. Bathrooms & water pumps available

Lakeside Camping on Flathead

The campground offers many lakeside campsites complete with picnic table and fire rings. There were 3 yurts for those interested. all vehicles, including camping vehicles, park alongside road; there are few, if any, pull-in sites. There is room for a tent or two in the sIte. Most of the lakeside sites also have a small amount of slope.

The camp hosts were absolutely fantastic! There is firewood and ice for sale at the park. Polson is about 20-30 mInutes away and has grocery stores, etc. If you go to Polson, check out The Cove Deli for some really great ice-cream.

The showers were really awkward, but did the job. They take $ coins (available from host if needed) and quarters.

If you aren’t bringing your own boat, Boat Rentals and Rides is only 2 miles down the road. We rented 2 glass bottom kayaks. Warning: lake conditions change suddenly and we saw the waves blow in 2 dIfferent directions durIng the 2 days we were there. There were no bear boxes at the sites, only one by the bathroom.

Oh say can you see!

Campground was clean and well maintained. Campers were friendly and respectable. Showers a plus! Great fishing and docks to put boats or Jetskis in. Plenty of space to hange hammocks and set up tents. Highly recommend!

Gorgeous park!

This park is gorgeous, most of the sites are along the water, and there’s a boat launch and hiking trails too. Staff is very friendly and the views of the lake and Wild Horse Island are incredible!

Lake front camping

Camped in one of the spots that is right on the lake and could get in the water easily. Water is really clear. End if may start of June there's a ton of pollen in the water.

Staying there from out of state is pretty spendy. Showers are $3 for 6 minutes.

Over all a nice place to stay & expierance. Defenitly worth having some kind of water craft to play in the water!

Well maintained campground

My daughter and I spent 2 nights in this campground in August 2017. Our site was right on the lake. We enjoyed a very lazy day hanging out, reading and swiming.

Yurt camping

There are a few yurts here, which is where we stayed since some are ADA accessible. Campsites are among the trees and at least half of them are right along the lake. There are showers but overall a nice simple campground. There are some hiking trails here, great wildlife, but boating is the main attraction. WIld Horse island in Flathead Lake is incredible, absolutely worth the trip (by boat only).

A fun place to stay - even better if you visit Glacier and Wild Horse Island!

We stayed at here for two days prior to heading into the backcountry at GNP. The campsites are right along the edge of the Flathead Lake, which I believe is the largest lake in MT. There are plenty of places to launch a canoe or kayak and even a dock for motorized boats. There are several places nearby to rent boats if you want to play on the water. If you want to play in the water that is ok too. Jump right in! The water was a bit chilly but might be better other times of the year. We were there in late August. We rented kayaks from a local place and paddled out to Wild Horse Island. It was well worth the trip. Although we didn't get to see the horses, the island is teaming with wildlife. During the day the lake is busy with skiers, tubers, wakeboarders, etc. Didn't try fishing but saw many people doing it.

Yurt

Yo mr the most amazing way to stay here is in a yurt! These circular traditional structures are an experience not soon forgotten buy kids or adults alike