Yurts
Max Length: 30 ft.
Big Arm State Park is located in Montana
16 Reviews of Big Arm State Park
Perfect park

I have nothing negative to say about this beautiful park. We tent camped 3 nights, had our pick of sites in late September, right on the water. The camp hosts here were so friendly and welcoming. They made us feel right at home. Gorgeous view of Wild Horse Island. There are bear lockers, but not at each site. Just kind of scattered here and there. Fire pit, picnic table. We pretty much just hung out at the park, it was so peaceful and relaxing. Crystal clear water. Highly recommended, but I’m guessing it gets pretty crowded in summer.

Lots of right-on-the-water stuff? Uh-huh.

It's refreshing to see so may campsites right on the water.  Flathead Lake is a very large wonder of nature and the town of Polson is perfectly situated.  You will not see a more gorgeous mountain range.  Lots of space here and no excuse not to get in/on the water.  Sites were close at points and the tree cover could be better, but this place is well-loved and has a ton of great touches.  Not much of a downgrade from the Flathead Lake/West Shore campground to the north.

Good Area, Not Very Secluded
  • next to the water
Great campsite with lakefront views

Had a great time here in may despite the water still being cold it didn’t stop my kids from plunging in. The reservable sites have lake access and views. The camp hosts are great and fun people.

One of the best sites on my toad trip

I meant to crash here one night on my way from Glacier to Yellowstone but it was so beautiful I stayed an extra day.

Most of the sites are along the water, but seem a little close to one another. Fortunately, the woman at the gate told me about sites T1 and T3. They are both walk-in sites at the end of the campground (50ft to T1 and maybe 300ft to T3) and are SO worth it. I stayed at T3 and could not recommend it more. It’s large, you get nearly 100ft of private lakeside, plenty of sun but also enough trees to provide shade. It’s just spectacular. The only draw back is that the tent site is a bit sloped, but that’s it. Everything else is magnificent. I set my hammock up over the edge of the water and just read all day with a couple dips in the lake here and there.

Truly one of the best campsites I’ve ever had.

For a state park fee - totally worth it!

GORGEOUS! dry camping but beautiful view! We had lake front with a picnic table by the lake. Friendly hosts & rangers. Bathrooms & water pumps available

Lakeside Camping on Flathead

The campground offers many lakeside campsites complete with picnic table and fire rings. There were 3 yurts for those interested. all vehicles, including camping vehicles, park alongside road; there are few, if any, pull-in sites. There is room for a tent or two in the sIte. Most of the lakeside sites also have a small amount of slope.

The camp hosts were absolutely fantastic! There is firewood and ice for sale at the park. Polson is about 20-30 mInutes away and has grocery stores, etc. If you go to Polson, check out The Cove Deli for some really great ice-cream.

The showers were really awkward, but did the job. They take $ coins (available from host if needed) and quarters.

If you aren’t bringing your own boat, Boat Rentals and Rides is only 2 miles down the road. We rented 2 glass bottom kayaks. Warning: lake conditions change suddenly and we saw the waves blow in 2 dIfferent directions durIng the 2 days we were there. There were no bear boxes at the sites, only one by the bathroom.

Oh say can you see!

Campground was clean and well maintained. Campers were friendly and respectable. Showers a plus! Great fishing and docks to put boats or Jetskis in. Plenty of space to hange hammocks and set up tents. Highly recommend!

Gorgeous park!

This park is gorgeous, most of the sites are along the water, and there’s a boat launch and hiking trails too. Staff is very friendly and the views of the lake and Wild Horse Island are incredible!

Lake front camping

Camped in one of the spots that is right on the lake and could get in the water easily. Water is really clear. End if may start of June there's a ton of pollen in the water.

Staying there from out of state is pretty spendy. Showers are $3 for 6 minutes.

Over all a nice place to stay & expierance. Defenitly worth having some kind of water craft to play in the water!

Year 2021 Flag