About Yellow Bay State Park
Yellow Bay State Park is located in Montana
5 Reviews of Yellow Bay State Park
Very pretty

Yellow Bay is a very small park on the east side of Flathead Lake. There is a boat ramp and some shoreline, along with a few campsites for tents only. Yellow Bay is the deepest part of Flathead Lake and it’s a very cool spot to swim or fish.

Great Area

This is a great little campground! All the sites are very nice and it’s all very well kept! A small creek runs right through the camp and into the lake, which is crystal clear! The rocks are gorgeous and it was a wonderful place to fish!

Gorgeous hikes, great campground!!

I love a camping spot that has great hikes and beautiful scenery and views. This campground has all of those! You are surrounded by beautiful mountains, crystal clear water and a place where you can do a lot of great outdoor activities! This campsite is located on Flathead Lake, one of my favorite lakes in Montana! While staying here, I was able to get some good hikes in, kayaked on the lake, and spent some quality time with friends and family. The campground was well kept and clean, and I really loved how spaced out each campsite were. I didn't feel like I was right next to someone. They also have restrooms on site, tables, and fire pits. It's also nice because there are a few other state parks close by, like Finley Poiny State Park. This park has great places to swim. I hiked in the Jewel Basin area, which was beautiful. I saw some wildlife and even came into close contact with a little chipmunk! Great place to stay, with lots of fun outdoor activities!!

Definitely worth coming! Great atmosphere!

Yellow Bay State Park in Montana is one of my all time favorites. Growing up in Montana, this campground was a place my family and I always visited. Flathead Lake is such a gorgeous spot- so any camping a long the lake is perfect. Yellow Bay State Park is located on the east shore of Flathead Lake. Obviously, because this campground is located on Flathead Lake there are a lot of water activities. My family always brings their boat, and we go tubing, fishing, water skiing, and swimming. We also really love to kayak and stand up paddle board, and this is the perfect place to do it. This campground isn't very big-I believe there are 5 tent sites. There are fire pits, a boat launch and a public bathroom. The campground is pretty well kept and clean. They are pretty strict about where you dump your trash- do not burn your garbage in your fire pit. Make sure to dump your trash in the assigned garbage bins (they are bear-resistant bins). There is also a 14 day camping limit and it is open May 1st- September 30th.

Love love love

I absolutely love Montana the yellow Bay Area keeps me coming back I live in beautiful Idaho however Montana just has something different to offer and I I'm always looking for excuses to go back to Montana