Hot Springs, MONTANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hot Springs Camping Reviews
Very Nice Campround

Very clean facilities, friendly owners, and a nice fire pit.

Great friendly place

Great place .has all the hook ups.and public restrooms and laundry room. Place for tents. Great place to stay

I loved camping at Honey’s place camping spot. So quiet and peaceful….you can hear the coyotes at night. Steve is a great host and Honey dog would visit me in the morning while enjoying my coffee outside watching the sun rise.

Priest Lake Living

Wonderful campground with private spots. Each one has a picnic table and fire pit. Room for campers and/or multiple tents. Group space is large enough to accommodate multiple tents with a central fire pit. Also has camping in the forest near the creek. There is a boat put-in, too, for those with larger watercraft. Not far from Elkin’s Resort if you need a happy hour or warm meal. Enjoy!

Absolutely stunning location

I love this RV Park. It’s amazing. We have been coming here for years and wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else. It’s very clean and well kept. The staff is extremely friendly and easy going. We look forward to our return next year!

Simply perfect

Beautiful surrounding area, with wooded grounds create a quiet and peaceful stay. Long, pull through RV sites that are over 80 feet long. Tenting sites. The prices are well below the competition. I will be staying here any time I come through this area.

Ranger Review: Acai Berry Liquid IV At Quartz Flat Campground

CLICK HERE for FULL Ranger Review Video

When traveling through Montana there is a portion of the state which suddenly opens up in such an inviting way as the National Forest and Mountains start to give you the first glimpse of the upcoming PNW environment.   Tall trees welcome you and on a cool fall day the crisp air produces  a beautiful fog over the mountains.

Campground Review:

As I entered into this section of the 2 million acre LOLO National Forest I initially pulled into a rest area to make lunch only to realize that the exit point for the rest area was actually also the shared entry point for the Quartz Flat Campground.

The immediate sense of comfort abounded as large campsites became visible as I drove down the entry and the opening of the 2 loops welcomed me in with open arms.   Sites were well shaded and had ample ground to spread out and get comfortable for a stay from a day to 14 days at only $10 a night or $5 for those with the Senior Access pass.

I was very surprised when I noticed that Loop C was designed for smaller RVs, Vans and Tent campers and Loop A was designed for larger units which required pull through entry.    There was attention to detail for any possible traveler, something which commonly is not considered in design of National Forest campsites.

But far beyond the size this started to reveal to me that it was not your typical campsite on National Forest land for many other reasons.    There were both vault toilets and flush toilets at the location scattered throughout camp and drinking water spigots available at central points.

For tent campers the forest bed offered a lush and soft pad for set up and with sites being quite large there was a tranquility which came from camping here.  All sites were equipped with fire rings and tables but a select few were the location of bear boxes.    After leaving Yellowstone where each site had a bear box this was bit confusing to me as to why there were limited bear boxes but this did not deter me.

Additionally there is a dump station and trash collection at the Loop C entry point, very uncommon for these type of sites.   There also was a trail which began on the C Loop and traversed 1/2 a mile with information available at the main road with free brochures.

Departing this loop, I thought I had seen it all, but boy was I wrong!!  There was an entire other campground on the opposite side of the highway, accessible by a tunnel which passed under the highway itself.  This campground near mirrored that of the A & C Loops however appeared a bit closer to the highway.

TIPS:

• If you are visiting this campground make sure you bring everything with you, there is no store nearby for a quick stop.
  • Check dates of closure for this campground.   When I arrived there were signs posted at the pay kiosk of closure beginning September 16th.

For More Information About LOLO National Forest CLICK HERE

Product Review:

Upon occasion I am given the opportunity as a Dyrt Ranger to try out some amazing new products along my adventures.   For this trip I was able to try out the Acai Berry Liquid IV, a unique product which offers hydration multiplication for those who are needing a little pick me up.

How Does It Work?

Hydration multipliers work in a very interesting way.   Through adding a concentrated amount of electrolytes to your regular water they are able to make a single water hydrate your body as much as 3 waters of the same size.     The CTT technology used by Liquid IV is unique to the brand  and allows glucose and sodium to move differently in the body.

In simple terms, if you don't drink enough water regularly, if you add Liquid IV to your intake, it allows your body to feel like it actually is getting enough water.

How Do I Use It?

Use is simple!! Servings are prepackaged and can be added to water of any temperature.    Simply tear the top, scissors not needed, and pour then shake!  I personally like adding it to hot tea in addition to plain water for a little punch of flavor.

How Does It Taste?

The Acai Berry flavor is a light flavor additive which allows you a subtle punch of flavor,   Unlike many drink additives it does not have a chalky taste and when it is fully dissolved you have no textural discrepancy from a standard water.   It just tastes like something other than water…lol

Does It Really Work?

I have been trying Liquid IV for a few weeks and have noticed a definite difference when using it versos not using it.    The product allows your body to not feel the signs of fatigue on a strenuous hike and allows you to stay hydrated, preventing muscle cramps, profuse sweating and heat related fatigue.

When using on a standard day of light activity your body just feels more energized, despite not being an energy supplement.

I would recommend using this product for your day to day, especially if you struggle with consuming the recommended amount of water regularly.   For those who participate in strenuous athletic activity this is a game changer much better than Gatorade or Powerade.

Great Overnight Stop or longer

Campground is found driving thru rest stop and follow signs. 1st loop you will have some train noise if they’re running but drive thru 13’ tall culvert to other side for quieter spots. Has dump, water fill site, and hosts at each loop. Nature Interpretive Trail. $10 night for sight with concrete pad, table, fire ring/bbq grate. Discount with National Parks Access Sr or Disabled or Military. We then traveled onto Pallisades Falls near Bozeman Mt

Clean and well maintained

Our first time to Flathead lake. Spots were booking up quick around the lake. Found this gem, got a spot reserved for Labor Day weekend. The park is very clean and well maintained. They will pick up your trash daily. Very quiet. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because they told us there is excellent WIFI throughout the park but the site we were in (spot #14) was too far away from The repeater. So I had to walk over to the park to send a work email. But do we really need WIFI camping?? You can’t have a fire in your own spot but they have several community fire pits stocked with wood that you can use. Nice park for the kids to play. The restaurant had amazing food. The spot across the highway for the lake was also well maintained. Incredibly clear and gorgeous water. We rented a pontoon boat from the rv oark and explored the lake. The boat rental for a whole day is equivalent to a 4 hour rental near Spokane. Great prices. Will be going back yearly.

One of the best sites on my toad trip

I meant to crash here one night on my way from Glacier to Yellowstone but it was so beautiful I stayed an extra day.

Most of the sites are along the water, but seem a little close to one another. Fortunately, the woman at the gate told me about sites T1 and T3. They are both walk-in sites at the end of the campground (50ft to T1 and maybe 300ft to T3) and are SO worth it. I stayed at T3 and could not recommend it more. It’s large, you get nearly 100ft of private lakeside, plenty of sun but also enough trees to provide shade. It’s just spectacular. The only draw back is that the tent site is a bit sloped, but that’s it. Everything else is magnificent. I set my hammock up over the edge of the water and just read all day with a couple dips in the lake here and there.

Truly one of the best campsites I’ve ever had.