The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sullivan , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Sullivan Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Sullivan Camping Reviews
River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Nice campground, check trails for pet rules

Very nice campground with nice showers and clean bathrooms. Camp sites were somewhat close together so hope you like neighbors. We didn’t check the nearby trails to the shut-ins before coming. The shut-ins trail DOES NOT allow dogs so that’s a bummer. Found some other local hiking trails so overall it wasn’t too bad.

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Our favorite!

We loved this clean and beautiful campground! We stayed in the fall and the colors were amazing. Our kids loved climbing all over the shut-ins. We have already planned to return in the summer to swim! Well maintained facilities and the store had everything you could need. Nice paved sites that have picnic tables & fire pits.

Really nice!

I rolled in about 1030 with my daughter and dog. Very well lit, very clean and very easy to get in and very secure with a ton of cameras. Also has a really nice dog area. Was a bit concerned if my power would be on since the place isn't manned by someone, but it was and since it was so well lit it was a fast hookup. Totally recommend this place!

Good fall spot

Well kept up place, good spacing between sites. I didn’t get a chance to go on any trails but there were a couple that looked good, including the Ozark Trail.

My fav!

Beautiful place!

Many walking/cart paths. Great shop and fishing!

Very new, neat and clean

I was impressed with this place. It’s not staffed on-site as far as I saw. You can reserve a site online or just do it when you get there as I did. After paying the power is supposed to be turned on. Mine wasn’t after a couple minutes but I called the number in the confirmation email and it was on within seconds. No bathroom which they let you know when you book. Nice water and sewer hook up. You can get in and out really quick.

Nestled in the trees

Some of the spots are close together but it seems to be that way because they kept as many natural trees as possible! We enjoyed the buddy sites so that our front doors faced our friends and the hookups were on the outside of each campsite. They also had group buddy sites that allowed four rigs to all front doors to face each other all being pull through sites.

My family also enjoy the Floating Trees ropes course. It was supposed to be about 2 hours but the instructors let them go an extra 45 minutes without anyone feeling rushed.