The best GROUP camping near
Oregon , MISSOURI

Most Recent Oregon Camping Reviews
A true outdoorsmen and fisherman's paradise

This place is a private, and quiet area. You almost get a vibe at first that your somewhere you should be. Than you get a look at that lake and forget about. Charity lake sits in between or in a valley of hills. You see these hills will all this plush green trees around this lake. I can only imagine what this place looks like in the fall with the different color of foilage. There is a dirt road that takes you to the other side of the lake, but not much there. The campsites aren't really but a fire ring. But for primitive campers that all you need. There is out house there, and about it. This place is not for the faint of heart, but there is a lot of beauty in nature. But I will tell you I am already planning a trip to this place with my oldest here.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.

Just might be my favorite

It has been many years since I went to this park. We use to take my oldest here when he was little. We finally came back, and right off the bat, while entering the park we see 2 eagles soaring above. We drove through the park and wow what a ecological beauty. You get down in the valley by the river you almost forget your in Nebraska. There are also several things to do in this park. First the obvious is all the miles, and miles of trails available, and the fishing. There is also horseback riding, discgolf, a archery range, shooting range. There is also a history museum of the area (which was closed due to covid), a living history area with a blacksmith, broom shop, and soap (which was also closed). There is also a old school house, the old town St Derion cementary, and half breed cementary. Also the stairs to the cave was closed (due to the floods of 2019). Even due to the park not fully open the place is a most see for any camper.

Great for car camping

Just car tent camped here with my fiancé and dog over the weekend. We had many camp sites to choose from because it’s back to school time in NE (timing, timing, timing)! Basic tent sights are first come, $15 a night. The park offered firewood ($6) and ice for sale. Lots of hiking trails with different levels of difficulty and elevation. Most drive up camp sites have outhouses nearby. We sometimes drove up to the group tent sites where they have clean bathrooms, running water and showers (need quarters for shower). We had a great time and enjoyed being surrounded by all the lovely trees. Staff were friendly and the park was clean. Only bummer is the steps to the “cave” is still closed.

Yesss

Quiet and private

Great place. Nice lake, pretty camp site. Full primitive.

Camping is still closed

The trails in this area are open but you have to hike into all of them and the campground is still closed even though most other state parks are open. The sites are basic for tents but well laid. The trail system heads to an overlook and down to the river.

Words can not describe

This is a beautiful place close to town and wonder hiking trails.

Beautiful and empty

We stayed her the last night it was open before they shut down for the corona virus. Glad we even made it because most parks had already closed and the last thing we wanted to do was stay in an empty town in a hotel room. So, we made it to this place just in time for sunset, only one other camper was there, so we had the place and al the privacy to ourselves. We found a spot down by the river, and slept with the jumping fish and hoot owls just outside our rooftent. I’ll probably make this a stop on my ways back and forth from Colorado to Georgia every chance of season. Hopefully things get back to normal so we can enjoy beautiful places like this. Oh, there’s also plenty of activities and trails to enjoy while you’re here.

October fest a blast

What an awesome place to camp in October. This last weekend they have haunted hayrack rides, pumpkin throws, trick or trick, VW bus fest, yoga, craft fair, crafts, breast cancer awareness walk, flea market and food trucks. And last but not least, haunted campgrounds. People decorate their campsite and all ages trick or treat. There really are some awesome displays. If you’ve never been- go! It’s a blast.