The best WALK IN camping near
Ava , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Ava Camping Reviews
Gem in Missouri

Lovely spot in Missouri. Passing through to Tennessee and found this gem of a spot with 2 vault toilets, trash and it’s free! Arrived at sunset in a Wednesday and only 2 other campers. There’s about 6 spots to pull in with a camper/ RV then at least 6 tent spots. Most spots have a fire ring and picnic table. 2-3 bars of LTE with AT&T. Little bit of road noise but no issues sleeping in my van. Everyone we came across was kind. No electric or water so come prepared. Closest town for supplies is around 25 minutes. Would definitely stay here again!

The Spot!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Great place with great folks!

I've been coming out here for a couple of years now, and its always a great time. You'll run into the occasional hippy or two, but that just adds to the fun!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Best campground around!

Words can’t describe! Peaceful and quite. Easy access to the lake and ONLY place our family camps!

Great for overnight boondocking.

Busy on summer weekends so get there early. River access but not kid swim friendly. You can walk or drive up the road for beach river access thats safer. Felt safe here. Well maintained. Large sites (trees) big rv friendly with easy loop gravel road. No verizon cel service. No utilities at all. Pack it in and out.

Clean facilities

This is an Army Corp campground and as such it is right on the water. Camped here with family in August. Restroom and bath house facilities are a bit small for the campgrounds size but we found them to be reasonably clean during our stay. Has it’s own beach area but no life guards. You’ll also want to pack water shoes as the beach is gravel. Table Rock Lake is beautiful. Only minor gripe is the water station near our site put out barely a trickle of water with the spigot open. Price for amenities is hard to beat.