Moss Point , MISSISSIPPI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Moss Point Camping Reviews
Review

Um it was ok, staff were great, campground definitely not well kept, beach access was really good, beach was really nice, for me personally the ferry noise and vibration was enough to keep me from returning, and we were in the back near the beach access and could hear the captain talking on the radios, hear the engines rumbling at 5:30 every morning and all day long.

Quiet Country Setting

We stayed 2 nights and loved it. It is a quiet country feel just minutes from downtown Biloxi and the casinos. We went to the dock to buy fresh shrimp right off the boat. Thanks Mary!

No Tent Camping

The app shows they allow tent camping, but when I called they are rv only.

Quiet Getaway

Love this park. We stayed with a tt. HUGE sites, very secluded. If I look really hard through the woods I can see a neighbor. Very clean, well kept. We were here for Mardi Gras so not as much hiking as we would normally do. We will be back for the trails.

Serious solitude

When the pandemic hit, I hit the road. Drove south to Biloxi, parked, hopped in my kayak, and paddled to Deer Island. It’s less than a half-mile off the coast, but far enough away to be left alone. Great paddling, quiet camping, lots of birds. Downsides included: casino views on one side, and a lot of litter along the shores.

I’ve been told it gets crowded with parties and boats on weekends, but I didn’t see any of that. Just the trash left behind.

Worth the money

My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.

We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.

We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.

Fun place

Nice campground with pool. Just across the road from the beach. It’s a bit of a hike so a bike is nice to have here. Good central location. The staff was very nice.

Decent place

When considering this place, you have to remember the location. It isn’t the most convenient location to begin with.. my wife and I played disc golf there. It was also a decent course. Probably wouldn’t be my first place to itch to return to.

Beach campground

Great campground on the beach. The beach is across a 4 lane but its still really close and a nice view. The only problem is that the pull through a narrow but very doable.

My Go To

I absolutely adore Blakely, The whole park is very well maintained and all facilities are clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Trails are well marked and unless there has been a storm are very well maintained. So many activities can be had depending on when you go. They  have fun Blue grass bands at night around a large bonfire and food truck.

The delta boat tours are fantastic. The walk way on the bay is great. The campgrounds primitive are well kept and have individual fire rings and pick nick tables.

Love love love this spot, could not recommend enough.