The best WALK IN camping near
Houston , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Houston Camping Reviews
Stayed the night

I stayed the night in November.  It appears to be an old reservoir that has been drained.  The site has about 5 campsites with picnic tables and fire rings.  Nothing spectacular.  The locals do come through to party on the old reservoir.

The reservoir was empty at this location.  It seems its part of Lake Enid and there is an old boat ramp, but there was no water in the reservoir.

Awesome!

Camping for our anniversary! Drinking morning coffee by this beautiful scenery was amazing!

Serene....

Local area lacks activities, but this park is a peace goldmine!

Amazing scenery

This place is absolutely beautiful. The birds migrating and stopping along the river make for such a relaxing and peaceful place to stop and relax. The town neighboring the park makes it difficult to do anything because there is not much there unless you plan on driving 30+ minutes away. However, the setting more than makes up for that.

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.

Whitten Park COE

October 17=18, 2019. Site 40 (walk-up) had electric and water. Park had dump station, laundry room, clean restrooms with showers and flush toilets, Verizon 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for more details.