Pease , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Pease Camping Reviews
Camping here for 30 years.

I've been camping here since I was a little kid. My family used to host large family camping trips here. Lots of close camp sites for larger groups near the entrance. The further back you go on the road, the more spread out sites get. There are a few walk-in sites that I absolutely love. Show up early on weekends if you want one of the better spots. Pluses: The trails are a lot of fun.. lots to see. The outhouses are kept up well and pump water road side. Minuses: People leave their camps a mess a lot of the time. I usually spend the first hour cleaning up. TONS of poison ivy. Sand fleas.

I still get up once a year, early summer.

Walking in and roadside camping

I've camped here twice, now. Once roadside during hunting season with oranges on and once in December. So far, I enjoy it. Where to start… The roads aren't really kept up for the winter. So, you'll want 4 wheel drive and slow and mindful driving. I walked in for ten minutes from one of the parking spots. I just cleared the snow, built a heat retaining wall, and set up camp in front of it. I did hear wolves for the first time. They were howling after sunset. A little creepy, camping alone. But, i don't suspect they'd come too close.

If you want secluded, minimal camping. This is an okay spot, close to the twin cities.

Great campground!

We loved this campground and this area!

We have site 1 which was right on the lake. We were able to park the camper parallel to the lake which was amazing. Such a beautiful view!

The owners and staff were great. They have a small market and a game room. The resort was clean and well maintained. There is a beach. You can also rent water toys, boats and pontoons. You can also bring your own boat and rent dock space. There are several docks you can fish from if you want.

So much to do in the area and this resort is right in the middle of it all.

Great campground

Nice campground with amenities, pool and water play area for kids. Nice on-site store for any needs. I have a small travel trailer that is self contained so I could reserve spots down by the river. Ability to go tubing down the river. You can even get pizza delivered by the local Chanticlear Pizza!

I give it a 4 star only because twice I ran into the same group of people that thought it was ok to open up their vehicle doors and blast music well into the night. Owner warned them the first time but quiet time isn’t until 11 pm. 2nd trip, I just packed up and left.

Nice, but not amazing

We arrived at 2pm on a mid-October Friday afternoon and were shocked to find just two open spots. Our spot was along the side road that cuts through the campground so not on the main loop which I think led to there being fewer cars. Overall, there weren't too many spots that I thought looked amazing, but none of them looked bad either. It felt a little rundown, even by state forest standards, but for us that was fine. The road into the park and within the campground is awful, so especially if you're in an RV or towing a trailer, be prepared to move very slowly. But we had a nice two days, went to the lake/beach area which was maybe a 15-30 minute hike away, and also hiked on the other trails a bit. We have a 3 and 1 year old, so didn't make it far :) I don't know that I feel a need to return to this place, but I was happy with our experience.

Mice, Mice, & More Mice!!!

Okay so this state park is beautiful. The trails are wonderful. The campsites and campground are great. Except… I camped here in a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and mice essentially had their way with every part of my vehicle in one night!!! I have a topper and a built-out bed in the back. It was chilly and I had the truck shut—the cab as well as the tailgate and all windows. Still, when I woke the next morning (and for days and days afterward) I found mouse poop EVERYWHERE. They got into plastic bins, duffel bags, backpacks, stuff sacks, etc. Their nasty little feces were found in food, on towels, in the cab, in the bed, in ONE OF MY HIKING BOOTS!!!! Disgusting. Now, my friend who has a 2019 Tacoma said he heard them scampering around in the wheel wells of his truck and crawling all over trying to find a way in, but they did not succeed. I guess because my truck is older and has more tiny spaces they can crawl through, it got the treatment. Anyway, just beware because they knew I was coming and their diseases-infested poops I am still finding weeks later!!!!

Great weekend getaway!

This campground is great for everyone! It’s has a heated pool, splash pad area, BIG playground area, indoor game room, HUGE sites! You can either relax in the pool or even take a ride down the rum river in a rented canoe,tube, or kayak. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to having a great time camping. This place does have 30amp and 50amp hook ups and has pull through spots and sewer sites so that needs to change on this app. Max trailer length that I’ve seen here is 70’. Anyone can fit in here!

Backpack site not good

I am torn on this. One side of me that likes seclusion, hiking out in nature and not seeing anyone else for miles, really loves this place. But the other half of me that dislikes poorly maintained trail, muddy and buggy sites, no facilities whatsoever and feeling isolated and concerned about injuries really can't review these sites highly.

We parked in the lot located near the Fish Lake Wildlife Area off Shogren Road. There are three remote backpacking sites from 3/4 mile to 1 1/2 miles from the parking area. No potable water or vaults anywhere in site.

Benson Brook is right near the St Croix by a small bridge crossing and literally steps off the hiking trail. I questioned whether it was a legit camping site or not. Randall Creek is on a small low lying spit right by the little creek. You might be able to get enough to filter but don't count on it in later summer months.

Ticks were extremely heavy in the spring. Between the mud and ticks, I would never recommend camping in spring. The hike in was not easy. Downed trees over uphill sections, large sections of mud and some overgrown brushy spots.

We did not see a single soul out there but us. Now I know why. If you love seclusion and don't mind zero amenities, bugs, mud and brush, go for it! It is a survivalist's dream.

Our maiden voyage

Really friendly folks, nearby beach, close to lakes and clean, had a lovely time. Close access to state parks and boating.

Amazing Spot on the Upper St Croix River

Awesome campsite. The site is actually called the buck hill campsite and it is in Minnesota relatively close to Wild Mountain Road Cr 16. It is apart of the Wild River State Park and is accessible to the park via hiking trail or boat.