Dakota , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Dakota Camping Reviews
Good shade and privacy

We stayed here for one night in August 2020 en route to black hills. Nice site(number 80), good shade and privacy between sites.  Some mosquitos in evening.

Lots of mosquitos but great campground for the weekend!

I've been going to Pigeon Creek ever since I was a child, and I have always loved it. It's one of those campgrounds that have a special place in your heart. All the Wisconsin State Parks are great. This one has a nice man-made lake with good fishing and lots of turtles. All of the sites are well maintained and secluded from one-another so you have good privacy. There are the typical pit toilets and well water available in multiple locations around the campground. And a nice beach to hang out at during the day. The mosquitos can get bad as there are some swampy areas around the campground, but nothing more than expected. Love it there!

Great weekend away

We have stayed here twice. Newer park and have seen improvements from our first stay till our most recent. Grounds seem well cared for overall. The grass was a bit long but green. The campsite had a good amount of garbage in the fire pit and some around the site. I think a quick walk thru by staff would have caught this mess.

Sites are gravel and pretty level. Only a little leveling was needed. Staff/owners were friendly and helpful.

Our most recent stay, we were there with friends and we were able to get sites next to each other. There is not an office on site but the several times I called they answered the phone or called back promptly.

They assign sites when you pay your deposit which I really like knowing prior to arrival.

The views from the campground are pretty and there are a lot of eagles nesting in this area.

As with many RV parks they have railroad tracks nearby with trains come through several times a day/night.

We would stay here again and is beautiful drive from the Twin Cities.

Nice escape

Perfect for a quick night away from the twin cities. Several small hikes to the bluffs right from the campground loop. Solid campground all around.

Crowded, many RVs. Decent tent sites along river.

From someone who typically prefers backpacking and sleeping in remote areas, this campground facility, pretty much in the city, is okay.

The facilities are nice, bathrooms were clean. What I didn't enjoy was how close each RV site is. The sparks from our fire were making their way to our neighbors site.

The campground is situated next to the Trout Run Trail, providing quick and easy access to the 11-mile loop or in to the city center of Decorah.

Overall, decent for a city campground, but very crowded. The tent sites near the river look more spaced out.

On the banks of the Westfork of the Kickapoo river

A beautiful location in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin. Near hiking, biking, fishing attractions.  The campground is well groomed with lots of camping spots available. First come First serve with all sites being group sites.  A membership is required and covers all the amenities, well worth the cost. The club raises trout and does conservation work locally helping the environment.  Onsite showers and flush toilets. For rent on site is a cabin, 2 Native lodges and a clubhouse for large groups, events, and meetings.  Reservable from the website.  A very laid back and enjoyable campground with friendly people.

Always had a good time

Wen I lived in Minnesota and my boyfriend was living in iowa, this was our go-to meeting place for our weekend getaways.  We only had a few issues over the 6 times we stayed there relating to reservations….but overall, it was a positive experience.

Wow

Great camp site girlfriend and I stayed here last summer it was great friendly staff and very clean also very spacious definitely recommending

Great hiking, no mosquitoes!

We stayed at Minneiska campground since Cedar Hills is under construction this year. It's a newer campground so the vegetation hasn't grown in fully yet - your neighbors are visible but there's good distance between sites so it wasn't a problem at all. The grounds themselves are really well-kept with nice bathroom facilities and hot showers, which was perfect for the cooler fall days. It's a busy park so you'll need to reserve early or plan on visiting during the week.

The hiking itself was awesome. We did the Dakota trail, which was a tough up and down hike with really incredible views of the fall colors. There's also a nice park/picnic area with beach access. I'm hoping to come back next summer to enjoy the swimming. All in all it was a great stay!

This was a nice campground with private sites. We were in site 70e and was very private and close the the showers. Lots of great hiking and forestville is very charming but tours were not running due to COVID. There was no AT&T cell coverage.