The best BOAT IN camping near
Jennings , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Jennings Camping Reviews
Great park

This is a fantastic state park. Playgrounds are nice and entertaining, offers kayak launches and handicap accessible areas. Lots of fishing opportunities on both lakes and has a boat launch. The sites aren’t too terribly close to one another, but relatively close. There’s pavement for biking and trails for hiking. Interlochen is a nice little get away from Traverse City, but near enough to head into town for a day.

Nice and grassy

What I liked best about this park was that my children were not caked in dirt. While I understand that comes with the territory of camping, this campground provides a bit more of a grassy setting and offers a nice playground. The bathrooms were redone and are very nice! The thing I didn’t particularly like is how close you are to other sites. You are practically on top of each other. There are trails and a beach area as well as equine camping.

Nice little Campground

Nice bathrooms. This park is situated up on a hill on beautiful Elk Lake. Elk Lake can easily access Torch River and into Torch Lake. It has a fantastic boat launch which we have used. There are hiking trails nearby and the campground is about 15 minutes away from the quaint town of Elk Rapids and a very touristy Traverse City. The playground isn’t much, but offers the kids a place to go.

Logmark

Canoe in tent camping only. Nice spot to fish or take a cool dip.

Holy Waters camping paradise

You get the best of both worlds here, camping on the river but close to Grayling. The campsites are fairly secluded and shaded. Perfect for trout fishing as there are three access spots to the river. Watch out for ticks in the spring.

Repeat Customers

Although it's been a couple of years, I've lost track of how many times we visited the National Lake Shore and camped at Platte River. It has been a family favorite because the campground is good and being near the lake and the Platte River makes summer visits great. We have always found the campground to be well-maintained, clean, and available to many kinds of campers. There are rustic sites, pull-through sites, and walk-in sites. We really love kayaking or tubing on the river and icecream cones are only a short drive or bike ride away at the livery. The area is very popular for good reason so expect steep competition for camping and parking during the summer.

A hotspot for boaters

We stayed at the end of August in 2020. It was our first visit. Most of the time it was fine although nothing stands out to me. On our last night, we had trouble with very bad neighbors, and seemingly no one but myself could point it out to them at 1 am. There were some campers who brought along their speed boats. The sister campground at South Higgins looked to be dominated by boaters and even has special parking for boat trailers inside the campground. Our site was adequate and we used the shore power provided. There are bathhouses, but only my husband used them so I can't directly comment on them. The highlight of our stay was kayaking the nearby Mason Tract and getting out at Smith Bridge. I certainly want to do that again, but will opt for a quieter campground. (Don't expect to make phone calls, the cell service (AT&T) was very spotty.)

Great place to stay near the dunes with water access! Near cute towns.

We loved staying here b/c you are near all these cute towns, yet in a remote wilderness spot (Platte River Campground).

We were able to take a trail from the campground and go on the trail for the dunes.  Challenging walk!

We took a river trip with our own boats, and enjoyed the spectacular surroundings.  The water is crystal clear and you end at the lake.  Epic ending and very picturesque.

Crystal clear, beautiful water.  Nice!  The campground itself had some wonderful trails and was great.

Rustic with river access

Never especially busy, lots of great sites. We chose an open spot (really 3 sites but in a meadow) so the kids had room to run and play. Multiple river access points made for a quick float for the kids. Lots of dirt roads for bike rides. Great mix of wooded and open sites.

Scenic, rustic, beautiful

It's a small rustic campground along the national scenic Pine River.

It gets  busy on the weekends with hikers and kayaks,  but quits down during the week. I was here 5 days for the Indian Summer and it was fantastic to witness here. Beautiful hiking trail and river.

Loved it.