Baldwin, MICHIGAN

Most Recent Baldwin Camping Reviews
Great area

Great area for camping especially if you want to go play on the dunes!

One of our favorites

My husband and I grew up in Onekama. It was important for us to spend time with our kids near our favorite places and this park allowed us to do that. My favorite part is that we can see the sunset every night and go right across the street for some hiking! Our kids are grown up, but we have so many fond memories work time there and still enjoy camping there.

Tubbs Island

Tubbs island was gorgeous! There is Tubbs mainland and Tubbs island and both you’re welcome to but I recommenced staying on the island. It’s more of a peninsula then an island but it’s wonderfully cut off. You take a narrow dirt road over a nearly flooded over land bridge to a remote circle plot of campsites. There are about 20 rustic sites on the island and all first come first serve so plan to get there early because it fills up.

Twisty campground layout makes for a beautiful place

This national forest campground is right along the river. A hiking trail goes right from camp. In fact there is also a day use parking area. Peterson bridge is big and crosses right outside camp.

The road in camp twists and turns providing a wonderful layout. Campsites are spread apart and are facing all different ways. There were a lot to choose from when we stopped in on a Thursday. It's nice to have paved campsites in a national forest camp. It wasn't raining when we were here but we still appreciated the pavement.

The Manistee River Trail is not far away either - perfect for day hiking or an a weekend backpack. This is a great spot to spend some time.

Nice, peaceful campground.

This campground is very nice and peaceful (especially during the day when most campers are off canoeing.) I think seeing it was in the middle of the National Forest, I assumed there would be a lot to do, but from what I can tell it’s mostly a campground for people who want to canoe in the area. We did not, so there wasn’t much to explore by foot other than the campground itself. We were able to walk to the river, but from what we saw (the office was closed our first full day there) there weren’t any other trails accessible from the campgrounds. I’d recommend planning your trip and daily activities ahead of time. Our cell service was non-existent which was a great way to disconnect, but difficult when not knowing the area well. We made the best of it, and still had fun walking around the site during the day and enjoying the view from our campsite.

Pop up site

Our plan just to find an inexpensive and wild camp and road trip to explore northern Michigan . Stumble to this camp site at midnight after 7 hours drive ( and we stop in between for few breweries visit). This site is self pay and first first serve concept . We love scenery and lake view just right in front of our tent . It was nice two days stay for our road trip to explore northern Michigan

Woods and waters rv park Newaygo MI

Very family friendly park great cost and a great area with lots of kids activitys

Nice spot and out of the way

Great little camp spot right off the lake.  You have to hike in to the camp locations but its not bad. Theres no amenities except for a table but the spot is free and clean, there's also decent fishing here. Over all I would come back

Great Host

This campground is the quintessential fish camp. Regulars have their gear here all season long. Sue, the host, is lovely and accommodating. She made us feel very comfortable and checked on us often. Full hook up at each site, and pit toilets if needed. The fish station was very well done my husband said.

Loved it

Loved this campground. Very short walk to the beach and very nice bathrooms. Also very close to Nordhouse Dunes (but the beach accessed by the trail in this campground is very beautiful with dunes). Access to hiking trails, which I can’t speak to because we had 2 littles with us,but looking at the map and just being in the area, I’m sure the trails were awesome. Was there from the weekend into the beginning of the week and the crowd cleared out, which was really nice. Far enough from the nearest towns (Manistee, Ludington) that it feels like you’re in the wilderness, but also close enough if it rains and you just wanna go get coffee in town like I did 😉. Very beautiful area! Unfortunately didn’t take any pictures of the campsite itself but it was nice. They had some that were quite spacious. Water was very high this year so not much of a beach, but posting up on the dunes themselves was fun. Water was super cold - but, it’s Michigan :)

Nice clean quiet campground

Nice campground close to Ludington and Pentwater. Will definitely go back. Quiet while we were there the 6-9th of September.

My favorite place close to home

I love coming here a few times a year, it’s close to the highway but stay on the opposite side of the lake and it’s hardly noticeable. Excellent stop for a week or just for a night. Large playground for kids and excellent catch and release fishing.

Absolutely pristine.

A beautiful park. Well maintained facilities and perfect landscaping. Great pool and other amenities. Conveniently located close to downtown Ludington Michigan. The staff was fantastic and one particular staff member was nice enough to locate a very dear stuffed animal that was dropped by my one-year-old during a wagon walk.

Lovey!

Long, level, pull through. A lot of wonderful things to say - but you'll have to see for yourself! Kids love it here!

ALL TIME FAVORITE CAMPGROUND

I love how everyone is away from everyone and the staff is amazing. Favorite place to be in the summer. We go every year!

My wife and I's favorite place

Lots of room, and fishing along with peace and quiet not terribly busy. Overall nice place to get away for a few days, the water is clear and beautiful along with trophy size fish!

Camping at its best!!

One of the best campgrounds around!

A favorite

Hideaway is one of my favorite campgrounds. We were on a tent site, which was kind of small, but the campground was great.

They offer both tent and RV sites ranging in from rustic to full hookup and cabins. The bathrooms and showers are very nice and cleaned daily. There is laundry on site. They have a full store on the grounds for all your camping needs. With a restuarant counter inside the store that serves breakfast-dinner and hand scooped ice cream you don't even need to bring a cooler.

Minutes from Silver Lake Sand Dunes and Little Saubel State Park this is a perfect location. If the sandy beach isn't your ideal vacation the park also features a full size inground pool and lounge deck.

Campers returning after dusk use a key code to open the front gate of this secure campground. Unlike camping at Silver Lake State Park, this location is quietly tucked off the main, very busy stretch of town.

Great fun was had by all

We had a large family camp weekend at Stony Haven. We had 5 sites (21-25) pack to capacity with 32 people.  They owners allowed use to squeeze in a few extra bodies more than their policies specify.

They offer so much at the campground!! We rented bikes and tubes, but they also rent canoes & kayaks (including launch & pickup), pedal cars, yard games and wifi hotspots.  They have a nice playground with swings, a sandbox, slide and climbers.  Adjacent to the playground is a large pavilion with charcoal grills and a volleyball quart.

The tent sites were very nice. Well maintained, each with their own fire ring, a picnic table,  water spickets and electric.  They also have full hookup sites for RVs, rustic sites and mini cabins.

There is a walking path around the back of the campground. It cuts through the woods and past a pond.  My kids (ages 1.5, 3, 5,& 6) spent hours at the pond catching frogs.

The bathrooms were clean and checked several times a day. There were public bathrooms with a few stalls and a shower, but there were also 2 private bathrooms with showers, one of which was handicap/family.  There were 2 additional private shower rooms.  They also have a laundry facility ON SITE!!!!  This came in very handy when I opened up my canvas hammock and found mold.

There is access to Stony Lake across the street and that connects to Lake Michigan.  There was an awesome county beach 5 min down the road on Lake Michigan.  It was right where the big lake meets the outlet for Stony Lake, Benona County Park. When they weren't at the pond my kids were playing in the sand and swimming at the beach.  I love little outlets like this because they are usually shallower and warmer than the big lake and are great for my littles.

They offer a short worship service on Sunday mornings for all that wish to participate.

They owners were so sweet and easy going. We called several times to adjust our reservation right up to the day before and they gracefully tolerated our shuffling and were able to accommodate us. They even allowed us to leave our packed trailer at the site while we spent the afternoon at the beach after checkout.  We came back to the site ate, used the bathroom, hooked up the trailer and took off for home.

Hidden Gem in MI

Spent 5 nights camping at this hidden gem. It was one of the best campgrounds I've stayed at in a long time. It was clean and spacious, with great access to Lake Michigan. The dunes were great for relaxing and offered speculator sunset and star gazing views. A few trailheads led right into the camp- one trail led right into Nordhouse Dunes, which was a beautiful area.

Although there were no showers, you can easily go for a swim in Lake Michigan or we found a small store a few miles away with a$5 shower room. There is a bathroom though.

While there was no cell service at the campground itself, it was located only a 15-25 min drive from downtown Ludington(south) and Manistee(north).

Already planning another trip back with some friends for the fall.

Clean, quiet, and friendly

Been coming to this campground almost 20 years. As title states: clean, quiet, and friendly. Many places to see and hike in the area. Flush toilets and pay showers. Showers are .25 per 7 minutes. Great little gem.

Stayed in cabin in this heavy RV park

We were here over July 4 in mini cabin. We had been back country camping before that so were happy to have a cabin for a couple nights. Mini cabin is at tip of park with nice view of lake Michigan sunsets. Cabin had mini fridge, coffee pot, ceiling fan, and I think a heater for winter. 2 sets of sturdy bunk beds. Camp sites were packed with RVs and tents. I don't think I've ever seen a more crowded camp ground. Many campers brought their own bikes, kayaks, boats so there must be lake access nearby but definitely not from this park. Beach inaccessible due to high lake waters. Outhouse was clean and well maintained. Showers a short walk away.

Small and cliche.

I just witnessed my first discrimination act.  Very sad to see.  Nice young couple trying to enjoy the park, very sad on park officials part to integrate the actions they chose to act on.

Not a good experience

I stayed here July of 2019 and was not impressed. The cabin I stayed in was alright and clean enough. However, the fire pit was in a terrible spot, sitting about a foot from the lake. The parking was cramped and the cabins were extremely close to one another. The bathrooms were also not well taken care of and were disgusting by the end of the weekend. I also didn’t realize it was right next to the expressway and it was loud. I don’t see myself visiting again.

Great Family Camping Trip!!

First time coming to this campground and it went perfectly! Close to Lake Michigan and very clean! Will definitely come back

Highway noise

Overall this place was nice. Nice fishing pond, the cleanest bathrooms I’ve ever seen at a campground and nice walking path. The camp store was small but there are gas stations right down the road along with a Meijer and restaurants. It was a little off putting that they had golf cart patrols so often, but I appreciated the quiet. Well people quiet. The highways a littler closer then it looks, so you do get a lot of road noise. Especially when trucks hit the chatter bumps on the side. Not the worse thing in the world, but worth noting. Overall a nice place.

An upgrade for a rustic forest campground

Nice place for a rustic forest campground. Nice beach with a shallow weed free swimming area. The sites are large and semi-private, quite a bit of space between the sites. In addition, this rustic campground has showers and flush toilets! Nice upgrade. Just be careful with navigation, all the systems have this road that does not exist, very strange. Approach for the south off 11 mile road. If your nav system is directing you north override it, it will take you to a dead end. Both google and apple maps have the problem.

4 years straight

We love this place. We rent the river rustic site. It’s right on the shore of the Muskegon river. There’s enough for the kids to do! Playground and swimming pools are great!

Peace

I love going around September so quiet a few people there loads of trails to walk on and people are very respectful I keep going every year