The best YURTS camping near
Old Town Landing , MASSACHUSETTS

Most Recent Old Town Landing Camping Reviews
Small campground near a small pond at Myles Standish

This campsite loop at Myles Standish State Forest is closest to the headquarters and borders a small pond with beach. In addition to tent/RV sites, there are 3 yurts available with bunks. Sites that appear to be near the pond are pond view rather than pondside. Approaches to Yurt JC and J5, J 26, J27 are sloped. J14 is a little awkward. J33 is probably among the largest and nicest with a pond view. The sites aren't as large as those in the Charge Pond loops, but it's a smaller campground.

The loop has flush toilets and showers. Water is available, but no electric hookups. Fire rings and picnic tables provided. Cell phone coverage throughout the forest is poor to absent; download maps for offline use if you want to be sure to know where you are or find directions. There are miles of bike trails and ponds for fishing, swimming, and boating. There's a larger beach and picnic area at College Pond.

Great time

Stayed on an rv site for 1 week this past summer. Had a great time, kids had a blast with the boat rentals and fishing.
Saw they have 2 yurts for rent as well.

Staff was incredibly freindly and gave us restaurant recommendations around the area.
About 5 min from great hiking at purgatory chasm.

Great spot for families

Nice spot right over the Cape Cod Canal. Spent many summers here as a kid and was fun to return with my family. We did tent camping here and didn't really explore the grounds. But, our spot was nice. I could hear the cars on the highway off in the distance (hardly).

Stay here because you want to explore the area

This state forest campground is located just over the Sagamore bridge, across the Cape Cod canal. It's a basic, no-frills campground, with more than half the sites designated as tent only; a few of the sites are designated for tent/pop-up. The tent sites tend to be on short spurs that may be hilly and uneven, so would be difficult to navigate with a trailer or larger vehicle. If you don't have camping gear, there are 6 yurts available for rent, though they were not available during the 2020 covid season. The bathrooms offer showers and are undergoing some renovations in 2020. No hookups, but there is a dump station.

If you have young kids, they'll love the new playground area. That's really about the only attraction within the campground, though there are some hiking and biking trails. The Cape Cod Canal Bikeway is nearby and provides easy biking and exploration. If you're looking for a beach experience and you'll be there a few days, consider buying a weekly parking pass. During the week, it may be worthwhile to cross back across the Sagamore bridge to visit Scusset Beach State Reservation, but weekend summer traffic will likely make that prohibitive.

If you forgot food, Market Basket is a short distance away.

Another good state park campground!

Water and 30/50 amp. Beach/swimming area. Bath houses were clean. Huge, modern playground.

Glamping to the max

I wasn’t sure I would like this level of glamping, but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was positive and helpful and that made a difference for me. I traditionally dry camp or go for semi hooked up on purpose, I just like the quieter camping. Maybe it’s covid, but it felt good to be “near” other people trying to find peace in a crazy world. So much positive about the resort, the snack bar has an awesome menu and cost is reasonable. Beer at the store wasn’t unreasonable priced. The clothing/swag was fairly priced. The facility is big enough to walk, bike, short run, the frisbee golf is the best set up I’ve ever used. I went recently(mid October) so the pools were shut down, but there was still lots of activities. The bath houses were very clean and there was music playing, another detail that sets this resort apart. The grounds, for a packed campground were actually well done with trees, and large stones around. You will hear other people at nearby sites, it didn’t bother me, in fact listening to all the various dogs barking at each other from their respective sites made me laugh. You can hear cars from 495, but once again, somehow it did not bother me. I’ve stayed at campgrounds up in NH that are dry camping, and I can hear cars on Rt 16 or on the Kanc. There is a catch, sites probably average $100/night or more, when all the amenities are up and running, it is well wort it. Shoot, I’ve stayed in hotels for $150/night with no amenities. This place has so much to do, or just sit by the campfire and drink beer and relax, or borrow a movie for free. Remember to return it or they will process the $20.00 hold. I’m definitely going back, kids had fun, I had fun. Pay ahead and get your gate codes, and you can drive right to your site, that was super convenient, see the positives keep showing up. Thanks for reading

Excellent family campground

Great spot, clean, fun and easy access. So many of our camping friends love this place so we figured we'd try it - outstanding.

Nice, Clean and Friendly Staff

We stayed here back in 2019 and had a nice experience. I'd totally recommend for family outdoors fun.

The nicest people..

We chose the best spot for our first camping trip with our new travel trailer. Everyone assisted us and taught us the world of camping. Activities were still available with social distancing of course due to Covid. Close by was Taylor Brooke Winery which was the perfect place to while away a late summer afternoon. If you go to Charlie Brown’s request a site by the water. Rain had been sparse so didn’t matter our weekend but I would imagine it would be great on a hot sunny day

I love this campground!!

Very well maintained, clean and picturesque. Go in late September when the kids are back to school and there are very few campers. Holiday weekends are crowded but the sites are large and spread apart. No hookups but that's ok if you are self contained. Plenty of bath/toilet facilities and close to kayaking on the Wood river if you dont prefer the very large pond that you can access in the campground. Great place to bike and hike.