The best BOAT IN camping near
Merriweather , MARYLAND

Most Recent Merriweather Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a relay course. The trails were nice and clean and despite the weather, the overall grounds were beautiful. Definitely bringing the kids back to his one.

Good spot mid river

Lots of room under trees two picnic tables and fire pits. River view. Water pump and port John.

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!

Nice quiet clean campground 30-40m from DC

Stayed here for 2w while visiting friends in Alexandria. Took me 25-30m to get there so you are far away from bustle of city but not so far that going in to enjoy breakfast or the sights is a feat. Nice and quiet here during winter more so during week than weekends.

Great for activities; not much privacy

Great if you’re looking for a quick escape from DC and with a lot of activities—paddling, hiking, and a 5 minute drive from Meadowood for mountain biking. I camped at the non-electric area and it was nice to play some disc golf across the street before dark. The hiking is nice—15 minutes on the trail to get to the water—and a quick walk to the marina/boat rentals.

Campsites are well-equipped, but depending on which you will not have privacy and/or enough flat space for more than 1 tent. Most sites are right next to each other and no trees or other natural separation, and some saw did not have much space for tents. I had 141 which was good; 138 was the best that I saw; and if you want to get 2 for a bigger group try to get 112/113.

Great Regional Park

Great regional park with lots to do - trails, biking, boating.

Sites are spacious and decently level (depends on the site I’m sure).

Plenty of playgrounds and trails nearby to keep the family busy.

Amenities and such are what you’d expect - clean but not new.

We would definitely stay again.

Beautiful Site, a Bit Noisy

We loved our site B56 which is a deep, private spot with lots of tent sites. The trees are pretty and the laurel adds to the privacy. We were there in November, so the leaves were off the trees, but it still felt private. There were a few parties in the campground which is strange given we are in the midst of a Pandemic. The noise carries here perhaps because there are valleys. There are a lot of shallow campsites close together. Make sure you check the length of the site. We originally had B46 which was directly across from the bathroom, right beside the road, and across from the playground. The wonderful staff allowed us to move. The camp store firewood was very dry and burned nicely. The staff patrol the park quite a bit but maybe not at night. There are several beautiful trails and kayaking nearby. There is also a water park which likely adds to the noise in the summer.

So much to do!

We stayed here while visiting our daughter in Reston. Checked out the Mtn biking trails, skateboard park, Great Falls National Park is only a few miles away. Also went golfing at Top Golf. Super clean restrooms. If u you don’t like light pollution don’t stay near the skateboard park side of the campground the lights are crazy there! Bottom line: Great location with tons to do!

Nice camp site with hiking spots

Nice camping spot close to DC with hiking nearby