Aberdeen, MARYLAND
Most Recent Aberdeen Camping Reviews
Great place in the back yard

We do Lums Pond at least twice a year if we can get reservations.

Sites are big and all were redone in the last few years with concrete pads, 30 amp service and full sewer. There are some equestrian and tent sites as well.

Lots of boating (electric motors only) and kayaking on the pond and a decent amount of hiking. There’s an off leash dog park, equestrian center and boat ramp. Book early because it fills up fast!

Love, love, love

From the spotlessly clean grounds to the nice facilities this is a favorite of ours. There are lots of seasonal sites but there also lots of visitors too.

Amenities include a pool that is indoors for the fall/spring and opens to connect with the outdoor pool in the summer season, plus a kids pool that includes a waterfall and a swim up bar (for icees). If you want to hike there’s adjacent game lands for hiking. There are goats. There’s mini golf. There’s a cafe. On weekends there are lots of activities. Lots of friendly staff.

Some trailer sites are narrow but others are not. Yes, there’s a quarry BUT contrary to what someone said they don’t operate 24/7, but do start around 7 or 8 am. The quarry is harder to hear from most the trailer sites.

All in all, our favorite place.

Huge Rv site

The sites are big and spaced far apart. Lots of privacy. Bathhouse new condition. Nice trails.

Beautiful and Well Maintained State Park

Spent one night here at the State Park. My boyfriend and I traveled from northeast PA, about three hours away, and arrived earlier to the park than the check-in time (3pm). However the ranger was able to check us in as no one had used our site the night before. The ranger was polite and gave us maps of the campground as well as hiking/biking trails, of which there are a few. The park itself is sectioned into loops, we stayed at a loop close to the river, the sites on the river were booked but we were still able to get past the sites and get a view of the river. We hiked/biked to turkey point lighthouse, which is not actually accessible from the campground. Just a short drive past a community is the trail which was fun to bike but still well maintained. Overall would definitely stay again it was peaceful and quiet.

Great campground, clean restrooms

We stayed at the tent only site 1, which was a decent distance from the other sites.

The restrooms were really clean and it was nice that each was separate.

The camp store/ office section was closed during most of our visit, but the rest of the campground, including the nature center, was open.

Great Campground

This is our second time to this campground and our first in a new RV. Campground is very close to the Baltimore beltway and basically in a neighborhood but you feel like you are farther from things. Bathroom is clean and camp hosts are very friendly. Campsites are fairly close together but not right on top of each other. Lots of good hiking trails can be accessed from the campsite as well as a nice playground for the kids. One drawback is that the spot to check in is a little tricky to find and not very well marked. Overall we had a great visit and will be back.

Great hiking!!!

Hiking along the creek was great.

Quiet and beautiful

Easy to navigate through with a trailer. Nice trails and playground. Bathrooms were like brand new. Water and electric on our loop.

Hidden gem

A nice primitive campground - good for a quick trip away. The campground is a county run one that works on a first come first serve basis, which is fine if there are others close by. They are wooded sites and have 2 loops. There is no store, but there a places close to get supplies. The park is dry, no alcohol. No hook ups either. There is an old mansion that gives tours on weekends.

Great place

We go here a lot because we are local, and since it’s so close, it’s nice for a shake down trip of new equipment. The facilities are clean, and the grounds are well kept. They have activities like mini golf, pedal carts, jump pillow and a pool. Being on the Brandywine, you can fish and rent canoes. The river is usually very calm and good for a float. The camp store is well stocked with essentials and there is a pizza place close by that delivers. The kids alway have a good time there.

Offers a great variety

Patapsco Valley offers 6 different entrances. Each one provides a several different trail heads and experiences. For camping or just spending a day out on the trail with the kids we prefer the Hilton entrance. There are two huge playgrounds and a youth campground as well as a family campground. The trails we have been on are all pretty moderate to hard but offer beautiful waterfalls and river views. This definitely is a park that takes a while to explore all of it. It cannot be done in a day. Which is nice. It's close enough to home that we can visit often and not get bored.

Refreshing break from the city

We camped here in early spring and it makes for a peaceful mini break.Not too easy finding the inner camping loops, but the rangers were very helpful when we checked in. Electrical hook ups and mini cabins meant for lots of RVs and not as much privacy as I had hoped for, so pick your campsite wisely. Mini cabin D is pet friendly but one of the few. Bathrooms were pretty clean, although perpetually wet floors throughout. Nice washing station for doing dishes, which was a major plus. Not too buggy for the early warmth of the season, but watch out for those ticks. Nice hiking and fishing as well. Didn't see much wildlife, but the stargazing was lovely. One bundle of wood wasn't enough to make dinner, so be mindful of the 9pm cut off for firewood, if you're planning on a camp breakfast before 7am. Overall made for a memorable anniversary. Would definitely come again.

Great way to get kids into camping

The Hilton entrance of Patapsco Valley Park is perfect for keeping the kids entertained. There is a huge playground, sensory trail and nature discovery center at the entrance to the park. The nature center was closed when we visited, but the kids still enjoyed the sensory trail and playground. It's the perfect little getaway from the city for camping, fishing and hiking. Be aware that neither the hiking trails or playground are stroller friendly.

Great day trip

My family and I have been coming to Sandy Point my entire life. It is a great little spot on the Chesapeake river. Our favorite thing to do is to fossil hunt for sharks teeth. In the summer it can get pretty crowded, so we prefer to visit in late spring while school is still in session. August is the worst month to visit if you like the water. Jellyfish take over with a vengeance!

Great campground and fishing

I went to Cordous State Park, outside of Hanover PA, with my 5 year old grandson. One night and two days, and we had a ball. I included lots of pictures in this review.

The lake has lots of game fish, as you can see by some of my pictures. There’s lots of places to fish from the shore, and boat rentals if you want to fish it deeper. The lake is overrun by white perch and shad. When you catch either, they want you to take them to eat, and not release them. We caught a stringer full, along with a nice small mouth bass that we released for another little angler to snag. I don’t think my grandson cared what kind of fish he caught. He had as much fun with the perch as the bass. He did say the bass was a real fighter, but he’s never caught a pike or walleye🙄.

Campgrounds are very nice. Not a lot of spaces for tents, but the ones they do have seem to be well shaded and quiet. Looks to me like 90% of their sites are set up for RV, and larger vehicles. They also have a few cabins, but I was told you have to reserve them far in advance. Showers and men’s rooms are nice. I can’t talk to the fairer sex side, since it was a trip for the boys.

Very kid friendly. They have playgrounds and other fun things for kids, including a huge pool with slide. You can’t swim in the lake. The pool opens when it gets warmer. Everything you need to fish or camp can be gotten in the park, but I brought everything we needed to save some money. They also have hiking trails, but I couldn’t do them since I’m ADA material. They do have lots of parking, with plenty of spaces for me and others that don’t walk so well.

If you want to eat a meal out, there’re a few places within 15 minutes, and a great family style place, called Friendly Farm, about 20 minutes south. Just in case you don’t want to cook👍.

It was my grandson’s first camping trip, and he’s hooked😁. I plan to take him up for a longer stay, and maybe do some day trip fishing there. I highly recommend this site. I’ll let you know if my rating changes when everyone else invades later this summer😖. For me it’s a short trip, so Tom and I can go there anytime. It’s open year round, but you got to leave at dusk.

Very historic site from 1814

This is where the British first landed for their march on Baltimore. Once landed, their fleet moved up into the harbor, to attack Fort McHenry. They also moved by water to Washington DC, to burn it.

As their army (almost 9000 strong) moved north toward Baltimore on North Point Rd., they contacted the local militia under John Stricker, (Brigadier General John Stricker (1758–1825). His troops used the heavy woods and brush to ambush and decimate their opposition at the battle of North Point. Most of the 9000 troops never made it to Baltimore, and as we all know from the Star Spangled Banner, Fort McHenry held the fleet.

North Point State Park was where it all started. The park is a great place to spend the day, and is very kid friendly. I wish I could say there were guides to give you a history tour, but you need to research that on your own. Picnics and fishing, with a nice play ground, top it off. You can also see the remnants of Old Bay Shore Park, one of the early 20th century play grounds for the well-to-do. It’s a great place to enjoy the quiet and natural setting of the Chesapeake Bay.

Fun place!!

Visited this campground a couple of years ago to run a 5k! Campsites were spacious and the water park was fantastic!

Nice lake area!

Ran through this camp area in Elkton! Beautiful place!

Great Park!

Perfect place to hike, bike and picnic!!

Great place to camp and hike!

Beautiful camping at the head of the Chesapeake Bay! Lots of trails and waterways for exploring!!

Avoid in summer!!

This place is packed with history, but amid going in summer.. it gets to busy and hot to see much.

Nice for a short visit

Pros: this campground was nice and clean, with decent amenities (including FREE hot showers!). I stayed there on a Saturday, and walked in without a reservation and was able to get a site. They had a few ranger-led events that night that I was able to partake in (a hay ride for a small fee, and a night hike that was free). They were both enjoyable, and everyone that worked there that I encountered was very pleasant.

Cons: the sites are pretty close together with no real trees or privacy in between, at least where I was located. So, I would stay here again for a night if I was passing through, but I wouldn't make this place a 'destination.'

Great Kayaking

Roland Lake in Baltimore County is a great place to kayak on the Patapsco River. Tons of wildlife, facilities, and amenities for you and your family. The park was clean and it had knowledgable staff.

Love Halloween weekend

My kids loved the Halloween weekend! Will definitely come back!

Beware the stone quarry

Was not happy with the service or our tent site. There is apparently a stone quarry behind the campground that runs 24/7, which is loud. I have 2 autistic children with me (that love camping) but we were all kept up all night with loud noises. Thankfully, they didn’t do any “blasting” When we where here. Yes, blasting, I was told a siren goes off and there are loud blast. I initially asked if we could move our sites and I was told “you can hear it through the whole campground”, i then asked if we could rent a cabin on the other side of the campground. I was told no because I had my dogs with me. Poor customer service, you can’t make an exception?! There is no warning about the quarry or I would have never booked here. Never again!

Huge Forest With A Few Designated Tent Sites

This is a good free state forest with maybe 10 (or less) designated tent-camping sites, and designated areas for deer hunting. Each campsite features a picnic table or two, and a fire pit, plus one bundle of firewood. The ground is dirt covered with woodchips and sometimes evergreen needles -- pretty easy to sleep in a tent. There are a couple portapotties in the camping area, which are a few feet from one campsite, or a few blocks from another. There is one water pump. And there are plenty of hiking trails in the state forest, complete with mushrooms, and deer-hunting-stands.

RV camping is not encouraged. Horseriding is encouraged. And you may regret not brining mosquito repellent. The blood-suckers are relentless.

My only beef is that it's a legitimate campground, which means, neighbors. But the neighbors aren't unreasonably close, so it's actually pretty good.

Nice family campground

Spent several nights at Brandywine Creek campground in July, in the middle of a 6 week trip with our granddaughter. Quite, well kept camp. Clean showers. Nice pool. Close to Valley Forge military park, and convenient to Philadelphia by train.

K.O.Amazing!!!

Fishing available!!! Big sell for me

Well kept campground and facilities. We’ve been there several times because it’s so close. The river sites are great but can get muddy and there is a big hill to get up and out. The pool is nice, they have a store and a playground.