Albion, MAINE
Most Recent Albion Camping Reviews
Very nice

Nice cedar showers. Comfy enough even in a van camper with few amenities. Bathrooms very clean.

Great state park with cute town attached!

We are pop-up campers. We had plenty of room for our camper. Dog friendly. Bathrooms were very clean. “Playground” is a bit of a stretch. Firewood was a bit pricey at $7 a bundle. Nice hike and mountain views! Camden is a great town by the water with restaurants and shops. Kayaking and sailboats are also available.

Fun campground

Brought the family here for a nice Father’s Day weekend. Good place to bring the kids. The staff here were are friendly and very helpful for any questions or camping needs you had.Everyone had fun. Bathrooms were clean and plentiful. Lots of fun activities to keep everyone in the family entertained. The themed weekends are a neat concept and enjoyable.

First camping trip of the year .

All good expect the internet, we are currently away from the camp ground so we can watch the Bruins game. This place is quite and clean and we would recommend this campground.

Beautiful campground

Beautiful campground close to all the attractions

Very nice Campground

I have come to this campground every year for about 20 years and have seen it change hands and change but remain a very nice campground.  It has wooded sites and sites out in the open, some by the water and some by a little tiny man made pond.  Well manicured, about 4 miles or so into Boothbay Harbor Maine.  Great shopping, hiking, being a tourist, go to Damariscotta or get a lobster down one of the peninsulas.  See Puffins if you take the boat out to see them.  There are a zillion things to do and the campground houses you so you can do all those things.  Shore Hills is in a great location.

Fantastic campground

Beautiful small campground with wooded camping sites and a viewing area immediately on the ocean with islands and a lighthouse in the distance. Even though we’re in a trailer with a bathroom I made use of the cedar showers for a long hot shower- awesome! Crystal clean bathrooms. Owners and staff super friendly and helpful. The owner through maps with us to point out the “not to be missed” spots to visit. 5 minutes to Camden, Rockport and Rockland with great restaurants and charming shops. Already booked our next stay!

Pretty place near mountains

We lucked out to get a spot for one night. Comfortable place, crowded but was not really a negative. Nice tough hike out of campground and some lower trails as well. Would stay here again.

More Glamp less Camp

Good campground for older adults. Not much in the way camping as much as it’s a community. Good for family visits, they do events for families like cookouts and dances. Very well maintained and super nice staff.

Coastal Camping

One of my favorite places to be. The ocean views are great. It’s very laid back. Not a lot of amenities but you don’t need anything. Just a tent, kayak and a camp chair. You’re good to go!

Great place for families

Great place for families. Game room, pool, you can walk a holiday if you would like. Great entertainment on the weekends. Clean bathrooms and up to date. Friendly campers. Baked bean suppers sold on Saturday night.

Alittle extreme on how they choose seasonals.

Choice of pool or pound

The roads can be very narrow if you have a long rig. Your choice of pool or pond. Great campground for kids. Restaurant and store. Entertainment on the weekends.

Well kept, quiet campground

Mom and Pops campground. They make you feel like part of the family. Well kept and clean. Great campers to be around.

Great for families

Our family enjoyed their time here. 3 generations of camping off season. Easy to get and out

Beautiful beach and view. Don't bring any big rigs. Elect is not up par

The beach is worth it but the campground needs updating for electricity and water. Not enough electricity to run acs last summer. Water can be turned off with out being warned. So it don't mind boondocking if trouble arises then your good.

Family Friendly Campground located on 12 mile Lake Cobboseecontee

If you enjoy water activists , boating ,fishing, swimming , canoeing, kayaking then this is your spot. This family friendly campground offers theme weekends and scheduled actives for Adults and kids. We also offer a Restaurant open for breakfast on the weekends we also offer a well stocked store and Cafe serving sandwiches, fried foods, fresh dough pizza and other specials. This is called home to Seasonal campers and a vacation fun spot to many that have been coming for years. Join us “where families come to have fun” or to just sit and relax by your own fire.

Amazing, Amazing Amazing!!

"Amazing, amazing, amazing! The campground is wonderful; clean, quiet but with plenty to do. If that doesnt make you come back then Zach, the owner, will. Super friendly and he is always available but never makes you feel like you are being watched at all times. Our favorite campground by far! I never thought I could talk my husband into a seasonal site, but after staying here a few times last summer we felt like we found a second home and we didn't want to leave."

-Emily King

Great Place to be

This campground is a little off the beaten path but it is worth it in our opinion.

We discovered it while on a motorcycle trip 2 years ago. It was a great find. We visited it again last summer of 2018.

The lake is about a 5 minute walk from the campgroud, but, what a beautiful lake it is. Some great water activity included.

We are from Montreal and our canadian funds were accepted at par. Considering the value of our dollar to the US dollar made this a frugal choice.

The town of Kingsfield if close, about a 10 min ride maybe less. But for bikers its nothing as we love to ride anywhere no matter the distance. lol.

We recommend this campground.

However, it is not a KOA style place. It's rustic and friendly.

Noisy and speeding cars

I’ve stayed there a few time due to work in the area. It was convenient but this is one of my least favorite campgrounds in New England. It’s always noisy and cars go way too fast as there is no speed limit. I’m glad I switched to a truck camper and won’t need this campground anymore.

Nice, clean, family friendly campground

Christian based, Nice, clean, family friendly campground. Plenty to do with the family including a beach, playground, water activities, and crafts! Fun activities every week and a nice game room. My only qualm is that they charge for visitors, even if they are only staying an hour (I can understand overnight, but it seems silly to charge for an hour).

Clean, friendly, nice place to stay

It's a great, clean, family friendly campground! Plenty to do for the kids, events almost every night (we painted rocks for their rock garden). Only qualm is that they charge for people to come and visit you, even if it's only an hour (I can understand if they were staying overnight, but they weren't). Overall, nice Christian based campground!

Off the grid, plenty of things to do and can't beat the price

This small, family run campground is a nice spot to get off the grid and explore western Maine. I stayed here because of its proximity to the Fire Warden trail up Mt. Abram; I like to get up and on the trail early, so this was an ideal location. It's not far to the peaks in the Bigelow Preserve, Sugarloaf, Spaulding, or the Crockers, either. It is a 4-hour drive from Boston, so it's not a quick getaway from there.

Each wooded site is relatively level and offers water and electric hookups, all for a price on par with state parks without utilities (even after tax is added to fees, you're still under $25/night). Bring cash or a check because they don't accept credit cards. Although they don't offer sewer, they do offer a dump station. I was in a tent. They do not offer wi-fi and your cell phone isn't much good either. Bathrooms are clean and hot showers are free. I was there late in the season, so the campground wasn't full. It was quiet.

Although I was there to hike, I checked out the Tufts Pond, a short walk across the street from the main campground, It is a nice place to swim, canoe/kayak, or fish in season. And at the beginning of my hike I saw a lot of ATVs out on the trails. There is also an open field area and a playground at the campground.

I bought wood when i checked in and there is a small store. Kingfield offers a grocery store as well. Kingfield also offers a few dining options if you're not up to cooking your meals.

Great location for exploring midcoast Maine

Camden Hills is ideally situated for exploring midcoast Maine with its rocky shores, islands, and lighthouses. I made reservations for several nights in mid-August, hoping to catch the Perseid meteor showers from the top of Mt Battie. The weather cooperated for one night! That said, I enjoyed exploring trails in the park and the town. There's a road to the summit of Mt Battie which offers views of the town and harbor below. Climb the tower for a view of the sunset. Other trails lead to Megunticook and different views. Camden has a pretty harbor to explore and nice seaside shops plus a few homemade ice cream stands. Put your kayak in and explore the islands. Drive farther afield and check out some classic lighthouses or take a ferry to some of the offshore island.

There are rustic sites as well as those with water and electric. They offer a mix of reservable and first-come, first-serve sites and require a minimum of two night stay on peak weekends. This place really clears out Sunday afternoon (at least in mid-August), leaving a lot of sites empty. I made reservations late and was in site 106, in a field area surrounded by trees, with 4 spots. The site was level and easily accommodated my small teardrop trailer. I would NOT recommend this site however, nor do I recommend 102-104 because they are very close to the dumpster. A full dumpster, high humidity, and warm temperatures lead to a ripe odors wafting to your site. I was grateful I wasn't there much during the day, but I didn't want to sit outside by my fire in the evenings. I have no idea why they placed the dumpster so close to the sites…and then don't get them emptied often enough. It was nearly full when I arrived on Friday and didn't get emptied all weekend. Sites are on the hillside, but generally level. Those on the loop higher up the hill do not offer hookups. Rates vary, higher for hookups and also higher for out-of-state guests. If you make reservations online, be sure to print and bring your permit with you.

The road to the summit closes at 8:30pm and the road into the campground & park closes at 10pm (with check-in by 9pm), so plan to arrive before that or park outside the gate. I wanted to leave early one morning, so I moved my car to the parking lot outside the gate to facilitate a departure before sunrise.

Your firewood purchase helps support the wi-fi in the park and it is available at most sites. Each site may have 2 devices on the wi-fi and it's adequate for basic browsing, but don't count on it for data-heavy activities. Cell phone coverage (Verizon) is spotty; I had better luck closer to the restroom in the lower loop than I did at my site.

Nice, Quiet, affordable, Great family ran business .

We stayed May--October 31 2018 ( spouse is a Travel Nurse) It is a great place to stay, quiet and they have events during holidays ( fireworks, food truck and live music) This is a family owned & operated campground, they are very helpful and accommodating to their long staying RV'ers. Full hookups and they also offer tent campers, and have 1 cabin. Shower house and laundry onsite. There is a pond and also a swimming pool and playground, also a little store in the office.

A casual, well-kempt campground on Maine’s Penobscot Bay

The campsites start level with the main road and then tier downwards towards the water. Campsites on the southside have less trees while campsites in the north are a little more rocky. Decent space in all sites. Down near the water they have a cookout area with picnic tables and a huge open grill for their lobster dinners. Also chairs and benches just to look out over the bay.

Family and faith focused campground

last year I bought a small camping trailer and picked it up one evening with no idea where I was going to spend the night. It was my first time towing, so I didn't want to travel very far. The friend who was with me called around and found More to Life campground in Winthrop. Best part? we got a pull-through site for the night, so I didn't have to figure out how to back up in the dark! They offer a selection of wooded, level to slightly sloped sites, with tent sites grouped together apart from the other sites. All sites offer electrical, only one offers sewer, but if an RV is your thing, they have a honey wagon for pump-outs. Bathrooms and showers are clean.

There's a pond with a private beach within walking distance and great for kayaking and swimming, etc. Additionally, you're only a few miles from public boat launches on the larger Cobboseecontee Lake. The campground abounds with places to play games and hang out, whether you're interested in ping pong, basketball, volleyball, horseshoes, or swings. They're are also weekly activities for the kids. They publish a weekly activities schedules online, both on the website and their Facebook page. There's a little camp store and laundry is also available.

Their website mentions that they want your  "stay here with us will be one of rest, relaxation, safely, and spiritual refreshment, They are open about their Christian faith, and services are available. They do have some guidelines around modest dress.

This was a great place and if I had a family, I expect they would have no problem keeping busy and finding fun things to do!

Beautifully wooded, wonderfully located

Camden Hills State Park was our third camping stop along Maine's coast and all three were wonderful. Our schedule allowed us to stay here only one night (disappointing!), but we loved this campground. Our site (74) felt private and was so beautiful among all the trees. While we didn't get to take advantage of the hiking trails, we drove up to Mt. Battie (part of this park) and the views were phenomenal! Had another friendly, helpful ranger check us in and, again, super clean bathrooms and showers. We explored the area a bit; loved Camden and headed down to Rockland to the Farnsworth Museum -- all within an easy drive. Also drove out to Owl's Head Point, but the fog overtook it. I bet it's super cool on a clearer day. Loved this place!

This campground is AMAZING.

my husband and I were driving up to Maine for our 2nd anniversary trip. we hadn’t made any reservations- just kind of seeing where we’d end up. we’d read about this campsite before we left, and so we decided to just stop by and see if they had any available sites. now, this was the second week of July, so BEAUTIFUL weather (I don’t think it got above 80 all week). but we walked in and they immediately treated us like family. they set us up on a prime campsite right on the bay, and had amazing recommendations for things to do in the area. the atmosphere is sooooo friendly and laidback. the facilities are SPOTLESS. they have casual jam sessions every night around the bonfire (bring your instrument and they’ll fit you in!) and the lobster bake on Saturdays - don’t even get me started. if you only ever visit one site in your life, make it Searsport Shores!!! we can’t wait to go back!!

A beautiful wooded campground!

A great place to escape to nature. Bring, rent or buy a Kayak or canoe.