About Searsport Shores Ocean Campground
$14.00 - $168.00
Private
Searsport Shores Ocean Campground is located in Maine
7 Reviews of Searsport Shores Ocean Campground
Excellent place with lots of special details

I will say that my preferred camp site is one that is heavily wooded, where I can hardly see my neighbors and where I have some view of something impressively beautiful. I have a small camper and two young kids so on long camp trips I appreciate a place with RV hook-ups. This place may not offer a heavily wooded area where I can't see my neighbors but it makes up for it for everything else it offers. It's right on the ocean, it has gardens and secret nooks where you can sit and make a fire. It has a beautiful art studio. It has a play room and play ground that kept my children entertained for hours so I could read. The other campers were so pleasant that I had no issues with being close to them. I had the lobster dinner they offered and it was excellent. I will come back again.

Best we have found!

This place is not your typical campground much more special.

We are full time RV’rs and have stayed at lots of campgrounds but this place holds a special place in our hearts. The people working are the perfect compliment to a beautiful location. We have stayed a number of times and it is like seeing old friends when we return.

Nice hiking trails around the property that out dog just loves. Often there are artists and musicians at events or giving some kind of lessons. If your looking for a place to stay that is not like a national chain, you have found it! Enjoy!

This campground is AMAZING.

my husband and I were driving up to Maine for our 2nd anniversary trip. we hadn’t made any reservations- just kind of seeing where we’d end up. we’d read about this campsite before we left, and so we decided to just stop by and see if they had any available sites. now, this was the second week of July, so BEAUTIFUL weather (I don’t think it got above 80 all week). but we walked in and they immediately treated us like family. they set us up on a prime campsite right on the bay, and had amazing recommendations for things to do in the area. the atmosphere is sooooo friendly and laidback. the facilities are SPOTLESS. they have casual jam sessions every night around the bonfire (bring your instrument and they’ll fit you in!) and the lobster bake on Saturdays - don’t even get me started. if you only ever visit one site in your life, make it Searsport Shores!!! we can’t wait to go back!!

Very unique Ocean view camping

We didnt ocean front for pur RV this time cause we booked a week before but the ocean view sites are spectacular with some offering a deck facing the water!! Others offered a small grill I think or firepit. But no chairs, bring your own. I like the look of the ocean tenting if you dont own an rv. That seemed awesome. At low tide you can do fun rock designs on the shore, they offer lobster bake at the ocean for $60 pop with some sides. The community firepit is nice. There is hot showers and a clean laundry area, a center with books and games for kids. Could probably use alittle updating but nice mood at night. Gardens are really nice with scattered art in the gardens, goats. And lots of little activities like horseshoes,Giant connect four games, hammock etc. We never saw any actual real time activities there or a pool. Close to Belfast and the Fort knox . Overall we would visit again for sure.

relaxation at its finest

beautiful campground with a lot of space for kids and/or dogs to run around, including a jungle gym, basketball court, volley ball, and a dog run. they have a garden of veggies, and flowers, a stage for entertainment or if anyone wants to play around, a small store with a ton of snacks , car accessories like oil and transmission fluid and such just in case!, they have goats here ! and they have spots to camp right on the edge of the ocean! they have a wash room it’s about $7 to do a load of laundry , and the showers are free and clean , everyone is super friendly . over all this place is one of the nicest places i have stayed at in a while!

Family friendly, ocean views from some tent sites.

There's a handful of private tent sites with picnic tables. Some tent sites have ocean views. The tents sites aren't accessible by car though, so you need to put all your camping equipment into a wagon and pull it to your site.

There's a small pavilion for campground-communal lobster/clam bakes. Showers, laundry, playground, and small camp store are all available.

I definitely like more backcountry camping, but this was the only available campground in the area. It was great for a one-night stay, but it was very busy and too touristy.

Nice amenities, clean, small rocky beach on site.

I stayed at Searsport Shores 8 years ago. We got off on the wrong foot so badly, that it still makes me cringe. It was raining when we arrived. We had a reservation. When we arrived, we were asked what size our tent was (this was not addressed during the reservation, which was well in advance.), and told that it was too large. They told us that there was a maximum 10x10 for tents. They would not allow us to set up. Did I mention it was raining? Also, we had a 2 year old at the time. I drove a half hour to the nearest department store, which was finished carrying tents by that point in the year (July), and got nowhere with that. There was no other department store within a reasonable drive, and they gave us a hard time for about 2 hours, while we tried to entertain a toddler in the rain away from home, while he just kept repeating "home, home" in the saddest little voice. Finally they said oh go ahead and set up. We wasted half the next day at the laundromat drying our stuff. We were only there for 4 days, but my son was scarred for nearly a year. He would cry "home, home" even if I took him on a short walk on our own road!

I think if they had not altered our experience the way they did, we might have enjoyed the place more. It really isn't anything special. crowded rv sites, and a bit more roomy tent area. They have a tiny very rocky beach, not really somewhere to swim, just to enjoy the scenery and look for cool rocks. The facilities were clean. The only saving grace where my son was concerned was a large sand box.