Carlisle, KENTUCKY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Carlisle Camping Reviews
Corona Camping

1st trip of season. Great campground site 80. Only camper in that section. Very pleased with site and campground. Would highly recommend

Princess Arch

Princess Arch is at the Red River George in, KY. This is a primitive camping area. Princess Arch offers 105ft of elevation and is a quick 0.6 mi hike from the parking loop. There are bathrooms and trash bins at the parking loop.

Pick up your parking pass at the Shell gas station at 12187 Campton rd, Stanton, KY. A three days pass is $5.

Great climbing, better pizza

It's hard to pass up a site like this with all the amenities it provides at a reasonable price. The climbing community is great, and the pizza is wonderful

Great campgrounds, good amenities, and quiet!

We were a large group (16 people) and reserved grounds at Zilpo for a 4 day trip. We wanted to ensure we were close, so we chose H loop sites 35, 37, and 38. 35 and 38 are right next to each other, so it was easy to walk between the two, and 37 was rather secluded and used primarily as overfill sleeping grounds.

Overall, the campsite was great. We went during the end of August and it was really quiet. The lake was a muddy and murky, but that's typical for a man-made lake. The showers had no warm water, but we'll take a cold shower over no shower.

Electric hookups worked perfectly. Two people brought electric vehicles and were able to plug into the TT-30 outlet and reported no issues the entire trip.

There was cell coverage for all the major cell phone providers, which was a negative in our opinion. But that's totally your preference and I don't take that into my star rating.

Excellent campground

An excellent campground for almost anyone.

Loved the hike

So much to do and see at Natural Bridge SP. Hoedown Island , the Skylift , the natural bridge , Fat Mans Misery and several other awesome trails , sites to see.

The campgrounds Whittleton and Middle Fork are newer but short on shade. Middle Fork is the larger area. Tent areas in both campgrounds. The thing I don’t care for at the park is all the areas are spread out.

Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Awesome campground on the lake!

This time of year (October) this campground is walk up only. We got there as quick as we could and are glad we did as we were able to grab an awesome site. There are tent sites and RV sites here and the campground is gorgeous. It’s right on a lake(so expect boat traffic) and there are several loops all along the lake. Those loops are connected by a trail that I enjoyed walking on. Internet service is spotty there– our Verizon hotspot worked ok, but the Sprint was super slow. There are mountain biking trails that you can access right from the campground so that was nice. You can also go on a short hike up one of the knobs. However, there really isn’t a good view at the top. I loved this campground and would go back in a heartbeat! In fact, I didn’t want to leave!

Red River Gorge

I thought it was a little too crowded for my liking. I prefer sites a little more secluded though. Still enjoyed my stay.

Cute but noisy!

This campground has decent facilities and some shaded areas. The reason for my low rating is that it’s 11:00 pm and someone is singing karaoke. I mean loud, amplified country music sung badly. The current track is The Gambler, and I can hear it clearly over the music on my cell phone speaker. Very noisy campground on busy weekends, it seems. Bring earplugs. Unless you like to get drunk and sing Willie Nelson. Then you’ll fit right in.