Woodlawn Heights , INDIANA

Most Recent Woodlawn Heights Camping Reviews
I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

I wanted to love this campground, but it was extremely overpriced and there was trash everywhere

The campground was $48 per night. More expensive than any other campground we have been to in more than 12 states. On top of the camping prices you had to pay to swim in the quarry. $10-$15 per day per person. They were also renting golf carts for $100 per day. Our campsite had a ton of trash all along the waters edge. Otherwise we did find the campground enjoyable! You can swim out back of many of the campsites along the River. The campground as a whole was clean, but there was just a lot of trash along the shoreline at our site.

Great Atmosphere, nice terrain!

Very large camping spots with huge lawns away from lake; This spot was #53. lakeside camping a little more packed in but more shade. Reserve early! Cute beach was easy to get to, allowed dogs (not on sand). Park program happened while we were there - very educational. Highly professionally run, tight security and ample parking. No sparklers. Water lines close to campsites. Wal-Mart close, large Cabelas 45 mins away. Would stay again!

Great little campground in East Central Indiana

This was the third time we had camped at Summit Lake State Park. It has always been a good experience. There are two campground loops - one is more open with sites are that are level and the other is in the woods with many sites that are on slopes. We camped in site 120 this time which was on the end so we looked out into the woods. Bonus!

The state park has a nice lake with a swimming beach and kayak/canoe rentals available. If you have a site near the lake you can launch your boat directly from your campsite!

For those of you who are bicycle enthusiasts, the Losantville trail head fro the Cardinal Greenway Bike Trail is only a few miles away. The trail runs from Marion to Richmond and is very well maintained and not crowded.

Love this place

Great place for summer camping!

One of my favorites since childhood.

I have been going here since I was a kid and very little has changed since. That is one of the great things about it. It's a great place to camp with a tent, t.v. or you could rent a cabin. They also have a quarry you can swim or paddle boat in. It has a slide and a trampoline.  No lifeguard on duty, so be careful. Flat rock river runs by a lot of the camp sites. Makes for a beautiful scenery, good fishing and/or float on it in your kayak or on a raft. Fun for all ages!

Clean, fun and family friendly

Wide pull through spots with fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of grass. Tons to do with the kids, organized activities are well done. Staff stays on top of everything and is super helpful. You can rent pedal bikes, pedal boats, store is well stocked.

Fun place

Great family campground. Nice playground nearby which my son loved. The trail was pretty, a little hard to take the stroller, but we did fine. It was a nice evening walk! Plenty of shaded camp sites. We go here a few times a year. A little over an hour from Noblesville, IN.

Truly a hidden paradise

Have been going to this campground all my life. I have never had a bad trip to this wonderful place

Full hook-ups! River front sites.

Clean bathrooms! Great sites! Lots of water things to do.