Woodlawn Heights , INDIANA

Most Recent Woodlawn Heights Camping Reviews
THIS IS VERY PEACEFUL AND SECLUDED AREA BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, KID FRIENDLY

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO JUST GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AND RELAX.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN TO RIDE ATV'S, HORSES, YOU CAN HIKE, FLY KITES, BRING THE KIDS POWER WHEELS OR BIKES YOU CAN EXPLORE THE CREEK OR JUST SIT IN THE SHADE OR NEXT TO THE FIRE AND TAKE IT ALL IN. ITS STILL ONLY 10-15 MINS FROM TOWN IF YOU FORGOT SOME SUPPLIES.

A nice park. Electric only.

It’s a nice park for kids. Has a nice swimming pool. Easy trails. Nice playground. $5 firewood bundles. Mostly a weekender park. It is right next to a small craft airfield do it can get noisy at times and there is little wind protection.

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

Great Clean Safe Campground

My 7 and 6 year old daughters and I had a wonderful time here! Safe, interesting, and super fun in the water park! Everything was clean and in great shape. It’s in farmland/a hunting area, so the sounds of livestock and dogs were a bit loud at night. There is also no alcohol allowed and coolers were inspected upon entry. We were cool with that but it’s a good FYI.

Cheap

Great fishing, clean lake.

Awesome

Really friendly staff. Love when they put concerts on. Love the swimming pool.

Love camping here

Love playing in the river.

Great family campground

Great campground for families, lots of hiking trails, rocky beach for kids to play in river, canoeing. Black top roads great for kids to ride bikes too. The visitor center had feeding time for the animals and other activities as well. Make sure to get campsites 9-20 as they have shade.

Campings best secret in Anderson In gem

We just purchased our first camper. A Coleman Lantern 17B. We wanted to do a shake down trip close to home so we chose Mounds State Park just 45 minutes north of Indianapolis. Upon entering the park we drove to the campsite. The sites were immaculate.  The bathrooms some of the cleanest ive seen anywhere!  The charming camp store has a hummingbird feeder where birds come by often for some sweet nectar. We only stayed 2 nights and managed to walk all the trails and spend tome at the actual mounds. Ot was a great chance to work out  our bigs close to home. We will definitely be back.

Amazing first experience

My family recently purchased our first travel trailer and tested it out here. Hosts were extremely helpful and knowledgeable, helped us find a perfect spot and helped back us in. With the pandemic being here they also made it very easy to enjoy everything even while social distances were in effect.