Troy , INDIANA

Most Recent Troy Camping Reviews
Nice location

A park on the outskirts of Evansville Indiana. Has many things to do for the weekend. Many nearby attractions and activities. They have primitive tent sites RV sites with E&W,some also have sewer. Stay the weekend or up to 3 months or longer.

Near Caves

I stayed on late October and I was the only one there, except for a family on the cabins. The spots are just near and walking distance from the caves and other attractions. They have two potable water spots (so no water on each spot), picnic tables, fire rings, grills and every spot faces the little river. restrooms and showers too. You can bring small pets inside the cave if you carry them all time. I have a small zuchon and carry her in a doggy backpack 🎒 she loved it!

Small sites but very clean!

Camp sites are pretty small, but are aligned along a small stream. Heavy truck and train traffic can be heard at all hours. Sites equipped with electricity, a gazebo & picnic table, and fire pit. Camp store, cave tours, gift shop, and other pay activities are within steps of camping, but only open until 5:00. No security or staff at all after hours. Bath house was heated, extremely clean with flush toilets, and continual hot water. City water access in the middle of the campsite. Play area and 2 large covered areas for get together's. Newer cabins looked very nice from outside. Caves are obviously a must see while there. More caves are within driving distance.

An oasis in the woods

This place was perfect for primitive camping. There were people with horses and horse carriers but no issue with space or any smell. Great trails that our kids (ages 2-9) loved. Only reason for 4 stars is no drinking water or fire pit.

Tent camping: Quiet, dark, huge lots

It is so dark at night that you can see the stars! Biggest lots too, you can fit like 10 tents and still jave space to move!! Bathrooms were decent, plus they have disc golf, huge chess, and paintball!

It’s functional

We stayed here upon moving to KY bc it was close to work and we didn’t have a lot of options. The sites are close together and you can’t get cell signal. I loved that it is by a pond, but while staying here we heard about some shady happenings and were a bit leery about our extended stay. There are cabins and people are nice, but it isn’t private and anybody can come in due to the proximity of the pond. On the plus side, the bathrooms are clean and there are tons of washers. The pond is stocked with fish quite frequently but don’t let your kids run around unsupervised.

Backpacking the Adventure Trail

Great 25 mile loop with lots to see and unique camping shelters dispersed throughout the trail.

Overgrown in some areas, so a little bushwhacking.

Finished up with a swim in the Blue River.

Safe, wide-open space in the forest

This place is run by Kerry on hipcamp. He is very kind and welcoming to all. He has firewood for purchase and will set up your fire for free with his propane torch, which was very helpful for us after a rainstorm. The forest is beautiful and we had no problems with ticks or mosquitoes while sleeping in our hammocks. The whole place felt safe and perfect for relaxation in the woods.

I love this place!

Playgrounds everywhere. Nice big sites with full hookups in the newer section. Price is very nominal for the amenities in my opinion. We were able to go “creeking” do trail walking, bike riding. Just a super neat little place. They even have a little village set up houses to play in! There is even free firewood! Would definitely go back. Throughly enjoyed by all of us!

Friendly, quiet and clean

My wife and I went to Sycamore Springs Park a few weeks ago and stayed for 3 days. We tent camped and it was fantastic. We were right at the lake edge. The campsite had electric but no water, but the water was just across the road at a shelter. The park assigned campers to where they were distanced from each other due to COVID. The showers were the best I've seen, clean and strong pressure. It is also pet friendly. Our Golden loved the camp and the lake. I recommend this camp to all who want a quiet get away.