The best GROUP camping near
River Forest , INDIANA

Most Recent River Forest Camping Reviews
THIS IS VERY PEACEFUL AND SECLUDED AREA BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, KID FRIENDLY

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO JUST GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AND RELAX.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN TO RIDE ATV'S, HORSES, YOU CAN HIKE, FLY KITES, BRING THE KIDS POWER WHEELS OR BIKES YOU CAN EXPLORE THE CREEK OR JUST SIT IN THE SHADE OR NEXT TO THE FIRE AND TAKE IT ALL IN. ITS STILL ONLY 10-15 MINS FROM TOWN IF YOU FORGOT SOME SUPPLIES.

A nice park. Electric only.

It’s a nice park for kids. Has a nice swimming pool. Easy trails. Nice playground. $5 firewood bundles. Mostly a weekender park. It is right next to a small craft airfield do it can get noisy at times and there is little wind protection.

Nice but overpriced.

Very friendly staff. This was our first ever outing with our class A. The grounds were clean and safe. It’s very close to an interstate so it’s not exactly a picturesque setting. The pricing seems high for what it is. Walking distance to Mount Comfort RV Dealership.

Great sites available

Weekend getaway

We have camped here a few times. Nice little weekend getaway, not sure we would choose for long lengths of time.

“Beach” and swimming area with water inflatables, and area to fish if you enjoy fishing. Several activities for kids. Campground is well kept and managed for the most part.

5th Wheel camping

Visiting here with friends with a 5th wheel. There wasn’t much space on their site, and it didn’t feel like “camping” to me. It worked for them to be able to visit friends in the area and have a place to park. Felt like a upgraded parking lot to me. Not impressed… although the people running it are very nice.

Views

Great spots up against the river and very clean park

Lake view

If you can get a lake view site enjoy. Some spot are far away from the shower houses but you can drive to them. Nice marina with a great store and boat rentals

Friendly, spacious, great staff and horses!!

We come back time and time again! The staff are always chipper cheery and eager to help. The general store is chock full of great gear including a variety of Life is Good clothing and pizza available for delivery. The pool is delightful especially for littles who will enjoy the fountains and big pouring bucket. Our favorite part is visiting with Fred and Rain, the friendly onsite horses who are always ready for head rubs and snacks. Sites are spacious and level. There is everything to love about this location!

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.