The best WALK IN camping near
Moore , INDIANA

Most Recent Moore Camping Reviews
Quaint, quiet lakeside retreat

Absolutely love this peaceful, quiet campground. We stay here weeks at a time when visiting Cincinnati. It’s no frills, but the view, the ducks and the serenity are well worth staying here.

Beautiful find

Took a ride on the Harley Tuesday(late March 2021) and didn’t know where I was. 75 miles from home and passed this place on my way to get fuel but wanted to come back and take a look. Wasn’t to impressed when I pulled in but the further I got the more it just felt right. The view was amazing even with the lake drained and the spots had nice shade and were a good size definitely gonna put together a group for the guys and ride down this summer for the weekend. Always wanted to go Motorcycle camping and this just feels like the right place

Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Hidden gem for the right people

This park is great for the right kind of trips, we visit here often in the summer to enjoy the river, kayak , and relax. Most sites are on a small elevated bank on maumee river, (you can walk down the path but not put a kayak in)

There are no hookups, only vault toilets, no staff only very nice camp hosts ( there are next to site 11 ).

Sites 1-6 are misleading on the site, they are not on the river bend, there is a gravel trail/road between them and the river bank. its not a huge deal for access but annoying if your expecting direct access.

Sites 9 and 10 were not bookable in 2020 an hopefully remain that way, they are basically in front on the camp host site, so the camp host is between you and the river.

Sites 11-15 are the best in my opinion

Site 13 has direct access to the river on a small walking path.

Site 15 is our favorite, it has the most room and still has a small path down to the river.

Great Visit / Great Park

We spent this past week at Hogback Lake KOA. It is late in the season so much of the park was closed for the season, but we had a great year round site. A little bit of road noise, but water, electric, sewer, cable TV all worked great. We have family in the area and had a great visit. We will definitely stay here again in the spring.

Seems better later in the season--Memorial Day to Independence Day lots of noise & trash.

Water available here and there throughout campground, but turned off across fron site 12 and at the boat ramp. Not sure if dumping is currently allowed. Bring your own toilet paper and firewood. There is a private driveway about 1 mile east on 224 that sells wood for $3.00 an armload. 1 mile hiking loop at the end of the primitive sites. No swimming allowed on the reservoir, but plenty of space to launch your boat or kayak. No camp host. Sites affordable, and most will accommodate a 20 foot RV, with several large enough for the largest class A. Watch out for poison ivy, oak and sumac in wooded areas. Lots of playground equipment and paved areas for bikes. 3 garbage dumpsters along campground drive.

Small KOA

This KOA is much smaller than most and has fewer amenities, although the prices are comparable. Surprisingly this area is very high with camping charges, especially off season. That being said, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the 1:00 check out is nice. We didn’t use any of bathrooms or laundry so I can’t comment on that. Overall it was a good stop for an overnight stay

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)

Weekenders that felt alienated

I thought I’d enjoy this place a little more because I’d heard from several people and they liked their experience. There are a lot on permanent sites and we just felt a little out of place because we are “weekenders.” I would have rated this place a one star had we not rented a golf cart. Our site was far from anything and with 3 kids it was tough not to spend the 65/day cart rate. We will probably return here in the summer to experience more of the swimming areas. Also we’ll try and get a group to go with us so we won’t feel as alienated.

Very poor. Not what we expected from a KOA.

We arrived about 5:30pm. Hooked up and planned to relax. Power went off and on 5-6 times in an hour. Surge suppressor was normal. No TV, plugs, microwave, etc… Tried to call and let somebody know but the mailbox was full. Had to walk to the office to find Fred's number. Left him a message and he came right over. Great guy. He didn't find any problems so we're hoping for the best.  Highway noise was terrible. So many open spaces and we're assigned a highway space. They obviously cater to seasonal campers. Find another place if you're on the move…

Not pleased with

1. Power going out
  2. Hunting for help. Office closed at 1pm.
  3. Our location is almost on the road.
  4. Bathroom closed at 10am.

We let the office know all this by written review and by email. No response. We will not return.