The best GROUP camping near
Moore , INDIANA

Most Recent Moore Camping Reviews
Lake Hudson State Park

Sites were spaced out well. Lake was full of algea. People were freindly but couldn't find alot to do in local area

Quaint, quiet lakeside retreat

Absolutely love this peaceful, quiet campground. We stay here weeks at a time when visiting Cincinnati. It’s no frills, but the view, the ducks and the serenity are well worth staying here.

Quiet naturalist preserve

Nine lakes, seven connected by water ways. Many trails with ratings from easy to  rugged, distances of 1 mile to  4 miles and many of them cross to  make your hike longer.  Many campsites with some space between, but if the park was full, would be crowded.  Very friendly rangers and well kept park.

Perfect for family fun!

We stayed at Harrison Lake last year for our oldest daughters birthday. Although we didn’t have the best neighbors we really enjoyed the park! We rode bikes to the beach pretty much every single day and then through the main part of the park! We cannot wait to go again!

Nice campground for a bike ride.

We have stayed at this park several times.  The camp sites are mostly spaced out for room, but some can get very wet and flooded during a nice rain.  The paved bike trail in the park starts near the campground, and connects with a bike trail along the Wabash River that goes into nearby Bluffton, and is an easy ride.  The bison enclosure is always fun to check out, and the last time we stayed I actually walked to the top of the restored fire tower to take in the view.  We have never used the lake, but plan on taking some kayaks out at some point.

Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Great Visit / Great Park

We spent this past week at Hogback Lake KOA. It is late in the season so much of the park was closed for the season, but we had a great year round site. A little bit of road noise, but water, electric, sewer, cable TV all worked great. We have family in the area and had a great visit. We will definitely stay here again in the spring.

Beautiful campground

Stayed one night it's a beautiful campground just small. I came in with a 44ft toy hauler had issues getting in (rookie mistake). There was room if your careful but I misunderstood what the guy directing me said and ended up breaking a window. If the park wasn't nearly empty I would've never gotten out as it was it took me 30 minutes to get out. With that said the park is beautiful and the people that work there were polite and helpful. Will go back if I ever get a smaller unit.

Peacefully, quiet and stars. 🌙

November and 74 degrees Fahrenheit! Finally, I got a side booked at Lake Hudson Campground. It is very well sought after, and I tried it earlier in October, but weekends are full. Not so in November! Only the die hard, hunters and fishermen are here. It's beautiful! Serene and quiet! Loved our side which was sunny from morning to evening. There are other sides directly at the lake, beautiful shaded for the summer. The hiking trails are well maintained and we loved every minute here.

Seems better later in the season--Memorial Day to Independence Day lots of noise & trash.

Water available here and there throughout campground, but turned off across fron site 12 and at the boat ramp. Not sure if dumping is currently allowed. Bring your own toilet paper and firewood. There is a private driveway about 1 mile east on 224 that sells wood for $3.00 an armload. 1 mile hiking loop at the end of the primitive sites. No swimming allowed on the reservoir, but plenty of space to launch your boat or kayak. No camp host. Sites affordable, and most will accommodate a 20 foot RV, with several large enough for the largest class A. Watch out for poison ivy, oak and sumac in wooded areas. Lots of playground equipment and paved areas for bikes. 3 garbage dumpsters along campground drive.