Camping in Stokes

376 Reviews of 77 Stokes, Illinois Campgrounds

Heather P.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2021

Beautiful sites

Most sites are great size. Lots of trees for shade. Decent price. Lots are first come first serve. My only complaint is that the shower house only had one shower and the door wouldn't shut. Also it is not a super quiet place during the day, lots of dogs barking and loud music.

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Super quiet

Fairly new with great access to fishing. Bike riding enjoying nature. Several pull through sites and all are full hook up.

Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

SO IL state park camping

Located near Shawnee National Forest. Beautiful area. Facilities nice. Hiking. Birding. Nature!!

Month of VisitNovember
Lori W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Arrowhead Campground

Very clean, level sites, large lake with a well maintained walking trail. Lake side sites, wooded sites and regular sites in the middle. Water, 30 and 50 amp, shower house, small laundry facility. Wifi fiber being installed, boat ramp, primitive cabin, tent camping, large childrens playground. …

Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Large sites

This is a very nice campground with very large back in spots in the reserved area. There are restrooms but no trash dumpsters in the camping area. Very well shaded but no real view of the lake.

• what I wish we could see from any site
  • restroom
  • camping spots
H
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Quiet and remote

Stayed here in March 2020. My favorite part about this campground was that there were only 8 campsites so it was very quiet and remote. I arrived at 7pm on Friday and snagged the last site. The fire pit had a grate large enough to cook on and I didn’t need to use my extra grate that I keep in my…

Month of VisitApril
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Good and large campground I went during the middle of the week after Labor Day and I was able to find a nice secluded site 100 yards from the nearest camper The bathrooms were nice and clean I would stay here again

Site??
J
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Very quiet, very clean

We recently stayed here for the Labor Day weekend. It was a smaller camp ground but that made it very quiet. The sites were very spacious and far enough apart that you had room to spread out. The bathrooms were probably the cleanest, nicest shower houses I’ve seen at a campground.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Needs a bathhouse !

Liked the state park and it’s beauty a lot. Pool was closed on Labor Day weekend???Pretty wooded campground on the side of a hill has a lot of shade but most sites are not level for larger RVs. Our reserved site #6 was so sloped for our 24’ C class that we had to give up on it and move to a vacant…

Danielle C.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Hiker passing through

This place has been on our bucket list for a few years. We didn't get to camp there, but hiked a couple of the trails. It's definitely worth the visit!

The Garden of the Gods Observation Trail was a short, easy hike with some amazing scenic views.

The wilderness has several other hikes, but we…

• Observation Trail
  • Indian Point loop
  • Observation Trail
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Great woodland Setting

I used to live near here before the strip mine went through. The camp is in the middle of a large reclamation. Lots of ponds and young trees. Great modern sites mostly dispersed.

Chiang V.
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

First time

This site is not bad

Jason
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Perfect getaway for Southern Illinois

This place is very clean and quiet! The sites are very nice with privacy. It’s close to a lot of local hiking, Bell Smith, Millstone Bluff, and several others. Also the trail around the lake is awesome! If your lucky enough to have a waterfront site you can paddle out in the lake. Only downside is…

Siteseveral
Month of VisitNovember
Jan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Absolutely gorgeous

There are alot of campsites to choose from. They all have some shade but most are totally shaded with large trees. Sites have gravel pads . Each one has a grassy area (big) which was perfect for our pups. We walked the whole camping area and actually there are no bad sites. We are here on a…

• view this morning
    Play button icon
  • Squirrels!!
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great park

Easy to find! Great trails and fishing. The geography was amazing! Limestone cliffs and lots of shady forest. The facilities were great too!