the dyrt
Rathdrum, IDAHO
Most Recent Rathdrum Camping Reviews
Rainy washington

Wet and slippery, wear comfortable shoes!

Closed

This location is closed. But check out the one in CO next time you're in that area!

Not a site

After traveling down from Spokane, I was not able to find this site anywhere. 😕

Gorgeous!!! Bowl and Pitcher

This is a larger campground great for RV, trailers and tents. The sites are enclosed in a circle, making a nice walk or bike ride. The campgroundl has partial hook ups and is very camper friendly otherwise.

Sites are pretty open not offering a good amount of privacy, though most are along the Spokane River. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring, with bbq grate. The site has showers and flushing toilets!!

This is a perfect getaway for people looking to unplug as no cell service (tested on sprint, verizon, and google fi) is available. There is tons of wildlife and lots of trails and riverbank to explore.my favorite thing was the suspension bridge over the river. Lots of space for swimming and fishing!

Nice spot close to Lake Coeur D'alene

This is a great stop point before getting into Idaho. The campground was very well maintained and great to stay at. It is located in between Spokane proper and Coeur d'Alene (so Spokane Valley). There are tons of spots to choose from, but it gets pretty busy in the summer. The cabins were great and had everything you needed to get by.

There is a laundromat, store, sports area, lots of space for dogs and a game room at the main lodge. I really liked the community fire pit since there wasnt a fire pit at each site. One cool thing about this site is they have "gazebo sites" for RV campers. They also have an outdoor movie theater set up, but we werent able to take advantage of that perk.

We were able to drive a short way to Lake Coeur d'Alene for their Fourth of July events and even rented a lake boat for tubing.

Great site for families, RVers, and pet owners.

Beautiful park

Spent 2 weeks at Farragut SP last summer while visiting our grandkids in Spokane, WA. This is a beautiful park, with lots of hiking, fishing and boating on Lake Pend Oreille. It was a navy training base during WW2, so there is also some history. The campground is large, but some sites are a little tight. We needed help getting our 20’ travel trailer into the spot we had. Water and electric only, no sewer. Bathroom and shower house was clean and well kept. We saw lots of blue birds and deer during our visit. There is a large frisbee golf course, too.

A vacation getaway or a mountain escape

Farragut state park has many campgrounds available to fit every campers style. Tent camping, RV camping, cabin rentals, even camping with your horses! Whatever your style there is a campground here for you. Water and bathrooms at every campsite make it comfortable, the views and countless trails to hike make it breathtaking, and the list of things located in the park make it the perfect vacation site! Peaceful lake views, disc golf, tree to tree adventure course, swimming area, fishing, museums, and horse trails are a few of the things to do while camping in this amazing state park. Even with all these events located here, you'll find peaceful serenity and a true camping feel for the whole family.

Lots to learn

Our stay here was very satisfying. Plenty of hiking to do. Plenty of places to stay. If you are into biking, it is located at the beginning of the Trail of the Coeur d'alenes, a 72 mile paved trail. The Chatcolet campground is only feet from the side of the trail. Make sure to make reservations ahead of time and leave plenty of time to explore.

Calm and quite

Our stay at the Green Bay campground was perfect. We arrived on a Wednesday and had the place nearly to our selves. This was a perfect place to camp with a family or with friends. Make sure to arrive early in the week if you want a camp site. Spots filled quickly in the days following

Camping in a Forest

Large, Clean Camp Sites with Electric & Water.

Bring your Boat, Kayak, Canoe, Bike, & Bathing Suit (in summer).

My favorite Army Corps of Engineers run Campground. Clean, and well run. Clean bathrooms, and Showers. Dump Station.

We stumbled on this resort because they were on the Passport America list. They are NO longer a passport America park as they are under new ownership. Nice large campsites, beautiful swimming area and cute little store and breakfast restaurant! Beautiful star-y skies and lots of deer at night!!! No fire ring at the site, there are picnic tables and we had a full hookup site! Staff was super friendly. Dog friendly!

Nice stay

Trains! There are trains all day and night! Sites were narrow had to ask a fellow camper to move his truck was very difficul to manuver the camp ground streets Large beautiful trees Facilities were clean Laundry was adequate Dog poop everywhere! We clean up after our pets this was crazy….

RV Focused, clean, 'good freeway access' *wink wink*

Breezed in on Labor Day weekend so I just hafta start by saying how grateful I was to find anything.

This place is clean, folks were friendly, etc. All good stuff. I'd say it's primarily for the RV/Family crowd, but there were other car/motorcycle campers there, too. There's a little store and a nice community camp fire.

My site was along the "creek" which was a VERY lazy body of water in the late summer. It didn't seem to be moving much at all. Across this magestic stream, traffic flowed freely down I-90 all night long. Something of a Freightliner Lullaby…

I think this place is just great as long as you think through its proximity to the freeway, etc. It definitely made for a quick coffee run into CDA in the AM.

Great Little RV Park

For this being our first long distance trip from Boise, I’m extremely glad we stayed here. The scenery is gorgeous within the park (lots of trees and grass areas), excellent for dogs and the site we stayed in was perfectly level from the time we pulled in. Unfortunately our water heater wasn’t working so we had to use the showers on site and I was not disappointed, they were about 9/10 on cleanliness but water temp/pressure was excellent. WiFi was better than what I would have expected. Staff at check in was very friendly and courteous. It’s convenient that it’s behind a gas station because if you need any snacks, drinks or propane it’s just a short walk away. The only negative that I have to share is that the train is just on the other side of the highway and for whatever reason they enjoy blowing the horn and I will warn you this could happen at any hour of the day/night. We were in the back end of the park so it wasn’t completely drowning but you definitely know it’s there. If our travels ever bring us up this way again, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Beautiful and quiet.

I wish we had more time to spend at this campground. It was a bit off the beaten path but worth it. It is also situated right by a lake, but did not see any direct access to the lake from the campground. There were clean restrooms here and showers. There is also a visitor center to purchase items but they were closed by the time we rolled in. They were open in the morning, roughly around 8. Would like to go back and stay a couple of nights in the future. There was a no burn order in place, or site was nice and secluded.

Clean & nice, narrow sites, 2 active train crossings sometimes noisy

The trains can sometimes be annoying but fairly quiet at night, it hadn’t been that bothersome. with everyone having slide outs now it makes the sites close, so no fire pits in the general camping area!! They have the upscale sites and you can have a fire there.

we stay here a lot as they are open year round.

Town

This RV park is more of a place for people to live, than a campground. Most people in this campground live here in their campers. They have a small grassy park area, and are on the outskirts of town (Spokane). Little worry of people wondering through, however all the sites are very close together with no personal grass area to speak of.

Theme Park

Definitely a campground ⛺ for those who want to spend their whole day at the park 🎢across the street. There is nothing to do in the campsite, however if you are planning to spend the whole weekend at the park 🎡 then it is the perfect place to stay.

Simple

Close to town 🌆 this Park is nice to get away for the day. I love the swinging bridge 🌉. However camping 🏕 here is very simple with basic facilities and the campsites all in the dirt. A great place to hike 🚶but not my favorite campsite ⛺.

Great for the price!

Safe campground, nice and courteous staff, clean property. Amenities include bath house, laundry, and game room. Tent spaces are very spacious.

Roller Coasters & Nature

A huge park 🏞you will never run out of space to explore here. My family camped here many times throughout my childhood. Close to Silverwood Theme Park 🎡you can spend the day playing on rides 🎢 and the night sitting around the campfire 🔥I remember one day we saw a mother bear 🐻and her cubs as we were picnicking in the day area. Definitely the best of both worlds.

Weekend Getaway

Small campsite ⛺ on the edge of town. Perfect for a few nights relaxation. Hot showers 🚿make for a relaxing night after a day on the river ⛵. While there is no hiking here, it is close to nearby forests 🌲. With it's own boat dock ⚓ you can spend the night fishing before sitting around the 🔥. Great for someone who wants a simple campground.

Childhood Memories

A small campsite ⛺ near Old Town, my family spent a weekend every summer ☀here when I was a child. We would get a first come site and spend our time fishing 🎣 and enjoying the campfire 🔥 Close to town it's easy to run to the store. While the campground is small, it's close to several forests 🌳 you can go hiking in, or go boating 🚣 and kayaking 🛶 on the river. We would also drive to Sandpoint to spend the day in town. Definitely a cute campground ⛺ to relax in!

Eagles and Ice Cream

Our favorite campground🏕, We visit every year.! The Trail of the Coeur D'Alene runs through this campground.Biking 🚵‍♀️the 7 mile ride to Harrison is a great way to spend the day, you cross the lake over a bridge, watching eagles 🦅 swoop over the lake as you ride, and finish your day with ice cream 🍧 at Harrison Creamery and Fudge Factory! You can also kayak🛶, boat⛵, hike 🏃and fish🐟. The perfect campground to keep the whole family entertained!

Peaceful

Very quiet and right along the Coeur d’Alene river. Good for fishing

North Idaho Beauty

Farragut camping has been a family favorite. The spacious campsites, closeness to the lake, and closeness to the grocery store (when needed) is wonderful.

Great Place for Families

This place has it all! Showers, weekend breakfast, a store, a kayak launch, you name it. This is a great place to come with your family and enjoy a day on the lake. They have big roomy sites and lots of lakefront.

Nice campground with a very kind and friendly camp host!

We stayed in a big open central meadow that had a few sites in it, but the campground also had some sites that were more tucked back in the vegetation. There are pit toilets (very clean and smelled surprisingly good!) and a water pump nearby. The camp host was very friendly and accommodating. There was a bit of a wasp problem there (we were there in August), so not the best place to go if you’re afraid of or allergic to bees and wasps.

Sma campground, but feels like you are in the wilderness.

Quiet family place. Swimming hole. Water available. Bring own wood. Surrounded by private property, so no hiking. 1/2 hour from Spokane. Free with Discovery Pass. Fills up by Friday afternoon.

So beautiful!

This is a place that my family and I visit a lot. We love how calm the river is and the convenience of bringing it dogs. There is a nice cement slab just in the water so it makes a safe place for kids.