McCammon, IDAHO

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent McCammon Camping Reviews
Great place if your here for the pools.

We've stayed here a few times. Pretty close to the hilt pools. Close enough to the city for a nice walk. The campground is like most KOA's pretty close sites, but lots of amenities. Showers, fire rings, power, water, shop with all kinds of goodies and ice cream. Great shade in most spots, and it has a place for large gatherings. Horse shoe pits, volleyball, and playground.

Quiet, secluded, and very shady.

We wanted to try this out with our 28' bumper pull. Luckily it was not a busy weekend, we had to move sites to one that would accommodate.  Hard to maneuver in the campground as well as getting up the narrow road. Perfect site for tents. Tons of shade and trees. There's a really cool spring and waterfall just a short hike up the road.  We will be coming back with our friends.

Ok I guess

Good for if you are traveling but not good for locals

Excellent Campground

Having grown up in northeastern Utah, at the base of the Uinta Mountains, I’ve done a lot of camping. However, this is now one of my favorite sites. We went as an extended family, but since the group sites were already reserved, we got 5 sites on the south side of the campground. Everyone loved their site, and we can’t wait to get back.

Better than a rest stop or wal mart

Seven miles off the freeway. Not many sites like five or six. Grassy and flat with a picnic shade. Just needed a place to sleep on our way to Utah. Be aware…bathrooms are locked and water is turned off after 10/1. We did find a open bathroom over by the boat launch.

Great Snake River views!

This is a small campground located just north of the hwy. along the Snake River. Several sites in lower loop have outstanding river views. Sites are mostly well spaced, gravel and level. Some pull through sites good for big RVs. Almost every site had water and elec. Several nature trails and geology trail. Restrooms looked standard but did not use. Small visitor center provides Oregon Trail history of the area and the rocks. About two miles away in a different park of the park is Register Rock showing names of OT settlers located in a nice picnic park. You can make reservations on line but we drove in about 2pm and had a choice of sites. Would have given 5 stars except for some uneven sites. We will definitely come back as we pass by or stay a few days just to enjoy sitting on a rock above the river.

Springtime review

It occured to me that since I visited this property a second time that I should get perspective on my earlier spring visit. We had a wet spring so it was a bit muddy in places, gravel on these roads would go a long way in keeping the mud down and the hole smaller. Next the grass had not been cut down and was very high, walking around in the morning ment wet shoes plus it made it more difficult to set up and tear down. I only mention these inconveniences because of the high price to stay at the resort. Firewood has to be bought there, but it is a fair price and is delivered directly to your site. If you are tent camping in the far sites the bathroom is a bit of a walk but not terrible, and in my other review they are kept very clean. Even with the minor annoyances, this is a great place to get away and relax and enjoy. And BTW…it's bring your own alcohol, so if you indulge be forewarned. Enjoy!

Pretty but lots of people

I wish out of state people would stay in there own damn state to go hunting fishing and camping

Tucked away fun little Jewel

In far away Downey Idaho is a little resort with hot springs, cabins, wagons, teepees, a RV campground and a nice little eatery and a load of other fun things. It's small but busy so make reservations, when you check in ask about the steak and soak…so worth it especially if you arrive later and only have a few hours. One of the biggest pluses is the cleanliness of the whole property and the level of care throughout. This is a great place for families where parents can relax as the kiddos entertain themselves and you can meet up at the campfire for dinner. This is a high recommendation for this great place.

Beautiful But Condensed

The Maple Grove Campground has some beautiful views of Oneida Narrows Reservoir and great access to the shoreline. There are no beaches, but there is a dock that allows swimmers to get away from the mushy shore. The campground is right on Oneida Narrows Rd so it is a little dusty. Most drivers are courteous, some were not.

The camp hosts kept the vault toilets pretty clean and well stocked with toilet paper. The fire pits and grills were well maintained. There was random ash near each of them due to improper cleanup.