The best WALK IN camping near
Wallston , GEORGIA

Most Recent Wallston Camping Reviews
Great Lake front sites

Nice small campground. Very well maintained. Site18 was great for us and boat and 2 dogs. Most sites were large with plenty of space. Water and electricity but no sewer. Have dump station. Nice areas between site and lake. Cell signal was good for Verizon and AT&T was good to stream video. Bathrooms very clean and lots of shower room. They do have a playground as well. The boat ramp was easy to get to for our small fishing boat. Launched my kayak right from the site. Great sunsets. The 3,600 acre Lake Juliette was nice. It was calm most mornings but usually a little windy in afternoon. The GP power plant is close by. There is some road noise at some sites since it is just off the road. Would not like a few of the sites due to that. Maybe not so bad in summer with leaves on the trees. Paul and Sue were very nice camp hosts and informative about the area. Had a great time. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather and the fish are biting. Gave 4 stars due to road noise only. May not bother most people.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Great stop if you’re passing through

Stopped here to camp overnight on our way down to Florida from Ohio. Arrived around 9:30 and was able to check-in after hours via a box with an envelope next to the office. Only us and a few other people so it was pretty quiet. The restrooms were very clean and well lit, and in this current covid time going to a public restroom can be dicey so I appreciated that.

It is right next to the highway, which is quick and great if you’re just pulling in for the night. We camped in a truck but if you’re a tent camper you will be hearing the dull roar of the expressway all night if that bothers you!

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

Average stay

Site #52, full hookup site, slightly unlevel but generally a good site.

Park has a museum and war time tank and aircraft.  Large field where local airplane hobbyists come and fly their models.  Campground was quiet, and very dark at night.  We did see some wildlife roaming as we ventured out in to the park.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the restrooms clean.  I don't recall seeing any park officials driving through the campground.

Campground is at the back of the park, so not a lot of outside traffic.  Fishing and boating, Restaurant and bar not busy at all.

I will say it was pricey, $60/night

Group camping - great place!

We camped here with our Cub Scout Pack for the weekend. Loved the museum and outdoor aircrafts and tanks! There was a easy walking trail to and from the pioneer camp. The highlight was for sure the railroad that is right next to the camping area. The passenger train comes through twice a day and it so neat to see up close. Pioneer campsite is not well marked from the main road, but that may be on purpose.

Birthday bash at Lake Blackshear

Campsites #18-19

We stayed at these two campsites for a long birthday weekend. The sites were fairly level and backed up to one of the finger coves off this lake. That ended up having pros and cons… The bugs and gnats were bad in early September on several of the nights there. It have water, cable, 50/30 amp electric, fire ring and picnic table. The site were spacious and very clean. It was an on and off rainy trip and water did come through the site because the site was off an incline. It was a slight walk to the bathrooms and they were very clean although needed a bit of upgrading. The host came up to greet us and make sure all was good with our stay. We bought firewood for $5 a bundle of 5-6 piece. There was golfing and a large swimming pool at the resort that we did not use. You could also rent pontoon boats, kayaks and canoes to explore the lake. One drawback was no sewer hookups. So you have to allow an extra hour to dump and go. We did not like having to ration water usage during out trip. This was a one and done for us as the gnats were a real turnoff and no sewer hookups. So many other parks to explore.

Best in Georgia

Top notch camping, easy access from I-75 almost all sites are pull through. Nice store at the office. We experienced a break down and we’re not able to make our reservation, the gave us a credit tone used at another date, and we used it 3 days later.

Love it!

Great campground!! Spots are beautiful and the town is nice.

Nice State Park Campground

We had a great time at this park - we had adjacent spots with freinds in spot 32 and shared a big grassy area between us.  The campground was very clean and the lots in the loop we were on (23-34) we very big and was pretty quiet.  The other lots were smaller but a little more wooded.  The bath house by us was newer than the others and was very clean.  The visitor center had very basic needs and the museum was very eduational about the area, and the staff was very friendly and helpful at both.  We got the kayaks out on the lake and paddled a couple miles plus there are playgrounds all over for the kids to enjoy.  With this being an hour out of ATL we can see this becoming a regular stop.  Next visit we will check out Dauset nature center.