The best RV SITES camping near
Snowmass Village , COLORADO

Most Recent Snowmass Village Camping Reviews
Has everything you need

I haven't actually stayed here yet but it's on my list. I did have a picnic down by the river and walked the grounds. It's a nice quiet place and like I said I will be back to RV camp. They have water front sites for tent camping and rv hookups up the hill. The cabins looked really nice too! This campground is right on the glenwood canyon bike trail that goes all the way into glenwood springs! Will return and do recommend.

Limited winter access

I drove up this past weekend for some mid January winter camping and was not disappointed. The road appeared to be rarely traveled and it took some effort just to get my Tacoma to the start of the dispersed camping with no hopes of making it further down the road due to deep snow. Plenty of firewood and gorgeous views, will definitely be returning when it’s a little warmer out.

Beautiful Place

I went here with my boyfriend and some family and it was so peaceful. All the trees on the campground make you feel like there really isn’t anyone else nearby. The best part is Twin Lake is only a short drive away. Great Lake for kite flying too!

Best Campsite Yet

We got an amazing site here, best we’ve had in Colorado! Note that there aren’t a ton of good sites, so if you don’t show up early you might be out of luck. I think we got there Friday before noon and got one of the last decent sites. I still have not seen stars as pretty as I saw here. The reservoir is about 10 minutes driving down the dirt road (highly recommend a sunrise visit). Hiking nearby too. All first come sites with no fire grates or tables. Very secluded sites.

I mean, look at these pictures of the reservoir.

Most Pleasant Campsite I Have Been!

We took a buddies trip in October and it was the perfect spot for a getaway! Highly recommend and will be returning to this site in the future!! From Nich, Aaron, and Anthony From New Mexico!!

Great wooded campground

Very friendly staff, beautiful wooded campground with small pond. Plenty of shade. Great base camp to go explore lake Isabel and crested butte and black canyon.

Was good long ago

Lots of people and worse they all seem to be crapping everywhere. Toilet paper (used) litters the areas near the stream.

Lucky find!

On a roadtrip from Houston to Vegas.. my darling fiancée and I had planned on stopping in crested butte but couldn’t manage to make it there in time and we just so happened to find this campsite along the road we were traveling and good lord I’ve never been so happy with a campground!!!!! One of my favorite stays along this week long trip!

Only downside was that it was very close to the road but that’s not enough for me to take down a star! Easy self pay right up front, bathroom, nice trails, and the views here were unlike anything I’d seen off the side of any old road!

The pictures are amazing but they still do no justice!!

Campsite was clean, there was only 1 other camper, few was just $12(if I recall correctly) and honestly I would paid well over that amount for this spot!

Each campsite has a small trail behind it that leads to a river with a towering cliff on the other side. Yes… I went to all the campsites and went through all their little hidden trails to see which one had the prettiest sights and I tell you what.. they were all amazing! Especially this one that had rocks that you could walk on out over the water. It was a campers dream 😍

I would and have been suggesting this spot to anyone traveling through Gunnison, CO!!!

Starter Camping

This is a pretty, but small lake. It's nice to be able to camp so close to the lake, but ultimately you are shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors and your are fully exposed to the wind and sun. The Summer is packed. Winter you will be by yourself.

Perhaps this is nice if you have kids, want to allow them on the lake but in close view, and are new to camping. But ultimately, this is not that great of a place.

Leave no trace.

A Late Night Arrival

We arrived late at night after looping down through Fairplay, Breckenridge, and Vail after i-70 was closed. My wife found the title of this place funny, and I decided to call it quits for the night at midnight. She gave this park a call a quarter-to and a groggy guy picked up and told us to just pull into one of the sites 9-21 and handle the rest with the weekend attendant in the morning. There's not many trees and what seems like some longer term "campers" but the restrooms are relatively clean as well as the shower facilities. If you need a quick stopover on your way to Utah, you could certainly do worse.