The best TENT SITES camping near
Grand Lake , COLORADO

Most Recent Grand Lake Camping Reviews
A must do!

This place is one of my favorites. The campsites are very well taken care of. Camp host is nearby and helpful if you have any questions or concerns. Perfect location for paddle boarding, kayaks and fishing. Sites range from tent camping, Trailer, on-site Tee Pee's, cabins to glamping. They generally have resident moose that love to hang out in and around the property. Well kept playground for your Littles as well as complimentary canoes that can be used on their on-site pond. The owners are awesome and super friendly.

Lake Camping

If you want to camp near a lake in the mountains this is a great start.

Expensive camping.

Sites are very hard to get your unit level. Very high price for no hookups. Close to Estes Park.

Beautiful campground!

The best campground by far. Horses within the ranch roam free and will come right up to you. Could do with another set of bathrooms, only one is all the way up front. If you are in the back, it is like a half-mile walk every time you need to go. However, I wouldn’t call this a deal breaker in any way.

Recommended!!

We found Dumont after a ranger at Lake Granby suggested we head to Rabbit Ears Pass after everything near Lake Granby was full. We got there about 11AM on a beautiful Friday and there were several spots still available. We had enough privacy at spot #15. We tend to stay up later than the families and I would say the entire area was very quite by 10PM when we dialed things down. Most spots pretty secluded, some are little closer together. The lake is like a .25 mile walk and very scenic. Bathrooms are relatively clean. Fire rings at all sites so you can have a fire during some stages of fire bans. Bring bug spray! I got eaten alive by mosquitoes… through my leggings.

Nice dispersed campsites

Free dispersed camping with zero amenities but man made fire pits. Windy and cold but beautiful!

Closed

We were so excited but as of January 1, 2021 it is closed. I’m sure it will reopen during warmer seasons.

Love it Here, Will Be Back

No hookups but spacious level sites! Clean bathrooms and water spouts throughout the campground. Lovely views from the lookout right within the campground… really rewarding to stumble upon. Wish I could have stayed longer but was there for the very last week before season close. I didn’t make a reservation so I paid cash in the ranger box. No working ATMs in the area so be sure to bring some if you’re paying that way. Oh, also! A moose came right up to my campsite on my last night!! Luckily I was in the van so I could observe it safely. Soooo cool! Super nice camp hosts. Cool drive up to campground.

Small but very nice campground above Loveland, CO

Pinewood Reservoir campground (also reviewed on this website as "Pinewood Lake" campground) is a small but well-maintained campground and has nice views of a lake and rolling foothills. There are 16 RV sites and 9 walk-in tent sites. Non-motorized small boats allowed and there is an easy hiking trail around the lake. Only draw back is you pay both a park fee and a campsite fee.

Hmm

I live down the road from here. I think this campground doesn't exist. Stillwater is the good choice from here.