Antonito, COLORADO

Most Recent Antonito Camping Reviews
Well kept park.

Nice park to stay at. Clean, friendly, and wasn't an issue showing up or leaving. Water, 30amp, and sewer are right next to each other which I prefer. Dirt pad wasn't too bad to level our rig. Took a couple blocks to level it out. Site had a fire ring, and a picnic table with a trash can right at the site. They have a shower on site, we didn't use but it was nice knowing it was there. Driving to the site was clearly marked, we were in the back of the park and the WiFi was about 2 bars. Overall the park was really nice, but the thing I loved the most was the view of the stars.

Only One Night Stay Allowed

This is an interesting spot to stay the night. It is right on the river and there are 1-5 sites with a playground, bathrooms, bbq pit, and a dump station. I'm not sure who takes care of this park but they have done a great job!

It is not pet friendly so keep them on a leash and walk them off property.

It is a free site but you can only stay 1 night max. It is not for tents but it will fit RV's and campervans just fine. Maximum RV length is 35 feet.

The best thing about this site is that it is within walking distance of Three Barrel Brewing Company! Excellent beer and a legit pizza oven!

Clean and Well Maintained

My daughter and I stayed here. While it looks desolate in our pictures, it was clean, well set-up, and a very nice campground. There was a family home on the grounds and a camp host at the entrance. We felt very safe. Each campsite had a nice picnic table and fire ring. The shower house was fairly new and wonderful. Our destination was the Sand Dunes and the location of the campground was perfect. Plus, the views were beautiful!

Place to be for Conejos River.

Best centralized location to fish and explore Conejos River area. Fish Elk Creek and Conejos without driving. Drive up and down Conejos to experience the smaller upper river and larger river below. Many small creeks in area. Make trip to Osier and fish Los Primos. Try Trujillos Meadows. Camping is in good private units. Well maintained. Great camp host. Coming here since mid 60s.

Great place for families

All the best KOA amenities. Love it.

Quiet beauty

Rio Grande del Norte National Monument is BLM land so it is all dispersed camping. You will need to make sure you aren't on someone's property or nearby any roads. There are plenty of turn offs.

This isn't a "get away" more like a stopover spot. I stopped here on my way back North to Colorado to see the bridge over the Rio Grande and so I wasn't so high up in elevation that I would freeze.

But if you can find a quiet place it is a beautiful dispersed spot where there is civilization nearby and toilets at local businesses  and picnic areas that you can use. See map on review.

Be careful roaming at night. The drop into the river is quite deep so offroading isn't just ill advised for keeping the flora and fauna safe…but you as well.

There are picnic ares around the monument too, just not established camping spots.

Beautiful, feels more isolated than it is

We camped here in July 2019 and it was beautiful! We originally reserved spots by the river but it was flooded so we wound up on the upper loop. It wound up being better because the mosquitoes were less bad away from the river. We were in site 15 I think but any of the sites on the upper loop are awesome because they face a large open field with scattered trees and mountains in the background. Our spot had some shade for our pop-up too. They don't want you to fill up water tanks at campground so the community spigot is not made to hook up to a hose, so if you have a camper fill up before arriving.

Enchanting

Parking my vintage Shasta on the mesa of Luna Mystica is like no other place I’ve ever parked. Rustic site with a nearly 360 view to die for, I just picked a place and parked. A very short walk to the best private bathrooms I’ve ever used at a campground. A true artist’s haven, there is also a brewing company on site, and a dozen or so adorable vintage parked campers that make the esthetics top notch.

Poage Lake Primitive Campsite + Lake + Fishing

My friend and I made a fly fishing trip to Poage Lake. This land is part of the National Forest System and offers dispersed primitive camping.

The Poage Lake campsite consists of a large parking area, a short trail to the lake, and the lake itself. You can disperse camp next to the parking lot. There are no services nor amenities at this campsite, so Leave No Trace principles should be applied..

There is nothing special about the campsite area other than it is conveniently located next to the beautiful Poage Lake. The lake is secluded and pristine and surrounded by old growth forest. It is an excellent place for fly fishing for rainbow and cutthroat trout.

There are no towns nor stores near the campsite, so be sure to pick up any supplies you may need in the town of South Fork, CO. There are grocery stores, gas stations and outdoor gear and fly fishing stores in South Fork. Take any water that you may need or filter water from the lake.

If you like peace and quiet this site might be for you. If you like amenities, this site probably is not your style.

Amazing Place!

Under the Stars and very close to Zapata Falls. This place stays booked! Wide open views, windy at times. Gorgeous anytime of year.