Tahoe National Forest, CALIFORNIA

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Tahoe National Forest Camping Reviews
crowded and sites are close together

This campground seems more fitted to those using campers more so than those tent camping.

I saw very few tent campers and the RV's and tow behind campers were the majority here.

I managed to grab a decent site, I think it was 36.  Tucked in a wooded area not far from the restrooms.  Which are flush toilets and running water.  Clean and well maintained.

Site was a bit muddy and wasn't that easy to find a level spot for a tent.  A bit of garbage was left on site and trash in the bear box.  All sites have a picnic table, fire ring and bear box.

Noise level was higher than I prefer but then again if I'm not just hearing nature, it's too loud for me.

Pretty lakes, waterfalls and a nice area to venture around.

Traffic in Mammoth can get pretty busy.

Quiet, calm, peacefull, a hidden gem

Don't confuse Lundy Canyon campground for Lundy Lakes Campground.

You will actually pass these sites if you head to Lundy Lakes Campground.

This location was suggested to me by a local who told me to just skip on past June Lake campground and some of the more popular ones and I can't even begin to tell you how glad I was to pass those up to come here.

The roads within the campground can be a bit rough,muddy,rocky so if taking a car just take it slow.

I was able to snag a great site, actually it was a double site but luckily no one claimed the joined site.  Was right on the Mill creek which made for some super fun fly fishing for wild brown trout.

Sites have picnic tables, bear boxes and fire rings.  There are pit toilets, did not see any water but there could be and I missed them.

Aspen groves were glorious, the owls at night were beautiful to listen to.

A great, relaxing, pretty unknown campground.

Peaceful Campsite

This secret campsite is located in a beautiful aspen grove! It is about 1/2 an hour from great hot springs. No cell service helps provide the off grid feeling.

Good Location, Great Price

15$ a night for tent camping (includes water, electric, & showers). Very close to downtown. It is an open field, some might feel a bit exposed. Very nice staff & clean facilities.

Beautiful, Pristine

This campground is absolutely gorgeous. Their restrooms are clean, the Host go beyond to make your stay comfortable. Aaron and Solice are two of the camp host who were cleaning up before they close for the season, they offered us free firewood. They wanted to make sure we were settled in and were able to stay warm for the night. The grounds are kept very clean. They have easy access to clean water for your campsite. The bear storage boxes are large and able to hold a large marine cooler as well as several other items. You have easy access to the lake and the location is just perfect.

Quiet, great for stargazing.

Basic forest service campground. Pit toilets, fire rings. Trees for shade. Good site separation. Open all year.

Good

It’s a small campground just next to the lake so the place is nice. But spots are very small so you don’t have a lot of space and you live with your neighbors, no choice. Impossible to find the host and we had to go to another campground to pay! Flush toilets, drinkin water, pet allowed, nothing for your dish, No showers. Nice but not one of the best place to stay

Quiet and Serene

This campground is on the way up to The Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest and White Mountain. It is nestled back in a quiet little enclave that is easy to drive past if you are not looking.

It's quiet and peaceful here. And it is about 8,000 above sea level. So, in the summer, it gets hot in the day and cooler at night.

There aren't many amenities here. Just some stone toilets, but, no showers , and not places to purchase food, or water.

Take what you need with you. Enjoy the serenity and the beautiful nighttime sky. Without all of the " light pollution", you can see the stars and wonder at the universe around you.

So much love for this place

What can I say- I LOVE convict lake. I’ve been coming here for 20+ years with my family for reunions. We always camp but have stayed in the cabins years ago. Used to go over Labor Day weekend but changed to June but the weather is always wonderfully warm during the day and brisk-chilly at night. There are some sites that have a great locations to the bridge that connects to the road for easy access to the general store. Some shady sites and others are exposed to the direct sun. Great fishing in the creek- it is stocked. You can find some quiet spots around the lake to relax, read, and soak up the sun if you aren’t into fishing. Bathrooms and sites are very well kept. I always stop here for a quick view even when driving home from mammoth. Worth it every time.

Convenient, cheap, but crowded

Great for meeting other climbers and super cheap, but be prepared for people driving around late at night, and a line to use the bathroom.