Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Browns Owens River Campground is located in California
2 Reviews of Browns Owens River Campground
Epic

I expected to be miserable here. Not one tree and no grass. But, we ended up staying the entire summer.

The morning after we arrived I was able to take in the majesty of the landscape over morning coffee and I was hooked. There is grass, but the kind you find in grasslands, the river is home to an entire ecosystem bustling with life.

This is in the heart of BLM land and open range cattle wander by nearly every day. They even wander through the camp now and then. At night you will hear the coyote pack celebrating a meal a couple times a week (sad for the little calf’s, but such is life)

If you have off road toys and/or love to fish you will be at home. The trials just go on forever.

There is a general store with a lot of what you need in a pinch. We went to the vons in mammoth weekly for shopping and to load up the truck with logs to cut into firewood.

The cell service here is AMAZING. We were spoiled and able to work from here without one glitch.

Curfew is enforced for generators, but some spaces are pretty big so late night talking around the fire is totally oaky.

I don’t think I would have ever left if they didn’t close for the winter in September. We did encounter one of the strangest rainstorms I’ve ever seen! Peep the video to see for yourself.

We were here during the creek fire, so some of our pix and vids are fairly Smokey

Oh! Can’t forget, there is a beautiful geological site nearby too. Must see.

Beautiful scenery, easy to get to

This camp ground is a great place to stay on your way to or from an adventure in the eastern Sierra. It’s easy to get to, has a small store, bathrooms/showers, and storage for your recreational vehicle if you want to leave it in a beautiful place during the off season :)