The best BOAT IN camping near
South Gate , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent South Gate Camping Reviews
Great spot on the lake

Spots are spaced out, and the bathrooms are good. Camped here in early September, and the weather was great. Enjoy a walk around the lake, or head out onto the water for wakeboarding.

Waterfront accommodations

The hike from Two Harbors is fairly flat and along a road so it's easy. We stayed two nights in June and it was great. The weather was warm but mostly overcast so perfect for camping & hiking. The campground reservation comes with water and firewood, and there are port a potties in the middle of camp on the road.

Great spots, easy access, and lots to do!

We spent 5 days at here and loved it. While we came a little too late for the obstacle course the paddle boards and the cove were amazing. The spots are great with full hookups and fellow campers are nice. Will come back and spend more time here in the future.

This is a nice spot to camp. A little pricey per night ($70) but sometimes you just gotta splurge. You do have to walk to your site which involves a few hills but I took a few breaks along the way and it was fine. You can pay to get your luggage delivered to your site I am unsure of the price. We got a foldable wagon to lug all our stuff to our site. Make sure you have a strong man. Lol walking the hills was enough for me I couldn’t imagine pulling a wagon full of gear as well. You can also get firewood delivered to your site no extra charge. It’s ten bucks a bundle. Two bundles lasted about 4 hours. The boat to and from Catalina only operates on certain days so make sure they fit your camping schedule. Lots of things to do. Scuba diving,kayaking, swimming, frisbee golf, and just relaxing enjoying the view.

Tent camping couldn't been in a worse spot

Located on a very steep incline parking is fairly far considering you have to carry all your camping gear shade is fair the bees and flies aren't too bad although you are right almost on top of the lake it's okay but like I said when we went we didn't really get to enjoy it as for we ended up getting kicked out because of the bad air quality from the fires no fault of theirs but it just sucked to not be able to really kick back

Great place for the weekend with the family!

Great place with a lot to do! Take the family and bring the toys! This place is the best of both family and party atmosphere! Be warned it is not a sleepy RV park.

Great place to spend a quiet weekend.

Great place to spend the weekend. Close enough to some good shopping and restaurants! Only downside is they lock the bathrooms from 8pm-730am.

Clean RV Park

RV Park that is kept very clean. Spots are close together unless you end up with a larger spot. During COVID you need to reserve your time at the pool. Make sure you know that you want to stay here for the full time because there is not a generous refund policy. We were hoping to change our plans due to the bad air quality and we could not get a refund. It does say that on their website, so it wasn’t a shock. The staff wasn’t super friendly.

Best Trans-Cat Stop

If you’re backpacking the Trans-Catalina trail, this is one of the best spots. Great views of the sunset, spaced out campsites with water spouts at each one and a 6 mile hike from airport in the sky. I recommend a site closer to the water. Make sure you have all your supplies with you.

Ummm- yes

Amazing - beyond words- worth the insane high prices for bay side camping and large spots. High end area- really nice and true five star RV resort- I would rate 6 if I could. I stayed in multiple spots and having another trip there in a month bay side!