Point Arena , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Point Arena Camping Reviews
Nicely laid out sites next to the river

We came for two nights in late November. The days are short and the canopy of the redwoods created a pitch black surrounding. I can imagine on a hot day the trees would create a desired coolness. The sites are laid out nicely so we didn’t feel like we were on top of each other despite that our site was sandwiched between two others. Everything was flat and the bathroom was very clean with flushing toilets and paid showers.

There is a great trail to the beach but expect a longer walk. Your camp fees cover parking at the beach access across the road.

There was no host on duty but there was an honor system for firewood with wheelbarrows to bring your wood back to your site.

Great base to fun hikes and the cute town of Gualala.

Great spontaneous trip.

Decided to take a spontaneous 1 day trip with the wife and pup. Landed a beautiful water front site with hook ups. Friendly people and clean park! We will definitely be going back.

Lots Of Trees

Great campground. Nice location. Only complaint would be generators running most of the day from all the RV’s. Other then that it’s a great family friendly site

Peaceful getaway

I highly recommend this campground! We car camped there in late December, which probably meant that it was quieter than it would be in the summer months. It was so peaceful and just a great escape. The camp host was also really nice and helpful. Our campsite was gorgeous and right on the river. Great walk to the ocean from the campsite. Downtown Gualala was cute too.

Usually something available

Ive been to this campground twice.  Both times were fairly full, but never totally full.  You can make a reservation, but you cant pick your spot until you get there.  Better to get there on the early side.  Some sites aren't great, so you dont want to be stuck with those!  There were sites with decent shade, and I liked there was a hiking trail down to the lake.  Also a pro that it isnt too far out of the bay area.

Hikers dream

When I booked a “hike in” campsite I didn’t really give it much thought…I highly recommend that if you do get a hike in site you really like to hike!! It is quite the journey. I wasn’t prepared for it so I didn’t have a good time but it is a beautiful site and the lake is absolutely gorgeous, even with all the fires going on.

We loved this place

I loved the ferns. It felt like a nice jungle. It close to the beach although the beach is a little small. Dogs were allowed. We had a little stream by our site which was nice. Not to far from town.

Great place

Casini ranch is a great place to camp Friendly staff Clean bathrooms Great general store Very nice camp sites by the river

Pretty Spot!

Nice valley with great campsites - tent camping for me, but great for RVs as well. They are spaced well and have good tree canapy. The facilites are good and well maintained and even have showers scattered thoughout. At the moment I am referring tot eh site in the two lower loops along the creek.

The beach is great for sunsets and if you are a diver.  Can do some limited tidepooling if the tides are right. Great place to explore the Mendocino Coast from.

There are great forest trails, a stream throughout, a waterfall to find and some choice hike-in sites back in the canyon.

Just was there again (9/2020) stayed in upper loop for the first time.  These sites are very different  Some are open in a meadow with no shade.  Some are also not very private. They have recently done some tree work thee is thin things out which effect privacy and shade. Choose wisely.