The best BOAT IN camping near
Foster City , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Foster City Camping Reviews
On the Bay

Nice park. Very quiet in late Nov. Bathrooms were closed. Couldn’t Find any trails. Good for one night.

AWESOME SPOT WITH GREAT GRASS & SHADE AND WATER ACCESS

Good for camping on the delta with green grass and close to the boat spots

Camping among redwoods

I camped here one year for my birthday, at the Sempervirens Campground.  It was such a gorgeous spot to camp.  The sites felt pretty spaced out, and didn't feel noisy at all.  Our site even had a fairy ring, so it felt pretty special!  The campground was also close to hiking, so we didn't even have to get in our cars.  Don't expect to use the trees to put up a hammock, as they are TOO BIG to put a rope around, but also it isn't allowed.

It makes a little sad to write this review as I camped here before the fire.  So sad it is closed down, I hope it reopens at some point.

Great campground in the Bay Area

We love camping here last minute, or if we want to go camping last minute and don't feel like driving far.  There are lots of trees, and it is usually pretty quiet.  The hike around the lake is pretty substantial if you are looking for some good exercise.   The first time we went, there were a ton of wild turkeys!  Also, you can still get cell service there.

Redwoods are lovely

We stayed here the summer before it burned down. It was 95 degrees in this redwood forest. I am grateful to have visited these big trees. We had a great trip. It was a nice park with a lot of old redwood trees. Fun creek behind campground for pups to splash around. Easy flat trails to walk. There were Friendly Europeans with their families, Quiet park, But a ton of misquitos! Bring the spray. We drove 9 miles to Boulder Creek and found an epic swimming hole by Cafe  to help cool us in the 95 degree heat. Bring groceries and firewood as it cost us $13 for a bundle at the market. Best Sites: Huckleberry #62 Blooms #129.

Gorgeous campground in spectacular state park

It's been a while since we've camped here but we still have great memories of this wonderful treasure.  It's one of the few campgrounds where - despite how numerous the campsites are - they did not feel crowded together.  Our only suggestion is to avoid camping in the summer time - as there were numerous mosquitos and the lack of air movement allows them to pester us endlessly.  This is a place I would come back to over and over - either in the spring or fall.

Simple and easy going

Not a whole lot of people when I visited in March— pros and cons to having the campground to myself. A lot of privacy but almost a little to much privacy as a woman. Set up my tent near a couple as I was bike packing down US 1 for some protection. Fire wood available but I was able to find some left over from people’s campsites that went unused.

The best place in the city!

This is an incredible spot, if you can get a reservation. Worth hiking to for the day if you can't. Right at the base of the Golden Gate with an easily accessible beach. BRING EARPLUGS. The fog horn doesn't quite if its foggy. And its LOUD

LOVE this majestic state park and its campground

Big trees, scenic hikes, waterfalls (in the spring) and spacious sites … what's not to like???  Okay, for those who welt up with mosquito bites, the ONE nit I have is that the lack of air movement during the summer = LOTS of bites.  I highly recommend camping in the spring or fall if you are prone to welt-y bug bites.

Near the beach

Great for familyfamily time and outdoors. I recommend taking camping essentials even if you camp on a cabin. They stay is almost always quiet and peaceful and nice.