Camping in Auberry

286 Reviews of 178 Auberry Campgrounds

david G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2022

The Hideout

Have stayed here a few times now on our way arriving early/late to the park. Nice lowkey spot with trash, plenty of parking & an awesome night sky of stars! Will definitely continue to come back!

Siteparking lot
A
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2022

Ok not great

This place has a somewhat shabby feel. But the bathrooms and kitchen area are clean, it was quiet and felt safe.

LosAngeles F.
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

Nice in winter months

Gets hot in summer, spots are close by to each other but usually respectful neighbors, sometimes idiots come by leaving trash and making noise at odd hours but closes at 7pm so you won't get people coming in the middle of the night. 5 dollars day pass, 25 total for camping. Nice huge area, can go…

Savannah M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2022

Nope.

This is a very back in the woods setting. We didn’t stay here because when we got out of the car for a bathroom trip, a coyote was 20 feet from the car. Needless to say I almost peed myself 🤣. We went to a different site. This one is super secluded and no one else was there at all when we were…

Becbecandbunny O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2022

Hidden gem

This was our first time to Millerton Lake / Meadows Campground. We feel like we have the campground almost to ourselves for ourselves given that it's January. We imagine it's crowded in summer months. The campground is very lovely and well maintained. Most sites overlook the lake. Non-electric…

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

A Real Treasure

This campground has many spread out sites with one pit toilet. There is no water unless you use the creek. Please report any trash or other issues to the Prather Ranger Station. When I visited some people had buried human waste next to the campsite and I cleaned it up.

Most easily accessed via…

Month of VisitOctober
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

Pleasant Simple Campground

This is a free dispersed type camping area with vault toilets that is near a small creek. No water is available other than the creek.

The best access is through the small town of Big Creek which has a small store/ deli. Be aware that the road out of Big Creek is extremely steep and narrow but…

Month of VisitNovember

Not open Due to Hazard Trees

This campground was closed in 2021 due to hazard trees that died in the last drought. I dont think it will reopen in 2022 but have heard that funding from the Great American Outdoors Act will be used to eventually repair this campground.

Month of VisitDecember

Not a Campground but is a Scenic View

This is a day use site but you could probably get away with car camping here. I would recommend dispersed camping on the many forest roads in the area instead but be aware of hazard trees from the 2020 Creek Fire

Damaged by Creek Fire

Some trees survived in the creek but the 2020 Creek fire decimated the area. There are hazard trees and other damage that needs repair. I do not expect this campground to open in 2022.

Survived Creek Fire but Damaged

A lot of trees survived in the creek but the surrounding area was decimated. There are hazard trees and other damage that will have to be repaired. I don't expect it to open in 2022.

Isolated Campground with Lots to Explore

There are a lot of backroads to explore in the area. The campground was on the edge of the 2020 Creek Fire. It was closed in 2021 and hazard trees were removed. I would expect it to open in 2022 but recommend calling the Bass Lake Ranger Station.

Month of VisitNovember
C
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2021

It's very quiet and safe, neighbors are friendly and kind and very respectf

From Google November 2021, “I stayed here for about 6 months while working for the USFS across the street. Carlos and Luz, the hosts, really make this place feel like home, such authentic and kind people. I am grateful to have found this place. It's very quiet and safe, neighbors are friendly and…

Amy B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Perfect for car camping

The site is right outside Yosemite National park. It is perfect for car camping as it is a large parking lot. There is a dumpster and it’s fantastic for viewing the stars.

Month of VisitDecember