Camping in Piedmont

195 Reviews of 59 Piedmont, Arizona Campgrounds

K
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Nice clean camp

Easy level gravel sites. Some shade trees, cactus and birds. Nice cool lodge with laundry pool and spa. Nice fire pit area in shade!

• registration
  • fire pit
  • mural in lodge
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Good place to set up

Good place to set up while hitting some trails here in AZ!

Month of VisitMarch
Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice lake site near Phoenix

This is a great site to camp if you are like me and need to look at water every now and then. It’s popular and can be crowded. Noise used to be a real issue, but it seems to be better lately. Facilities are usually pretty clean. Though it’s not my favorite campsite, it’s a regular one for me…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice trails and views just west of Phoenix

This is my go-to local campground, a quick 20 minute drive, and I’ve been camping here for years! The facilities are always clean, and the other campers are generally quiet and respectful here. The sites are spaced out nicely, and it has never felt crowded to me even during the busy season.

SiteI’ve stayed at many.
Month of VisitMarch
Maddi G.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Dispersed, but neighbors are close

The site was beautiful and lots of trees. There is signal, but as of May 5th 2021 there is a no camp fire rule! This is every campsite, just thought I would share!

Kira M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Open spaces

Beautiful and dark and quiet. No one out here. Close enough to explore Sedona during the day.

Siteágua fria basin
Tanya N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Nothing beats AZ camping

My husband and I love to camp like true campers with our tent and the basics. We enjoy the beautiful weather, wildlife, and nature. We have successful fishing competitions between one another. The summer months can be a little difficult to endure but the spring months are the best. We to hear the…

• Selfie by the water
  • Catching a bass
  • Beautiful red rocks
SiteAnywhere available and clear enough for our tent
Tanya N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

At one with nature.. until they blast their music all through the night.

My husband and I have camped here occasionally for several years and we have always loved it, for the most part. Until fairly recently when it began to get more popular and crowded. People will tend to set up camp almost on top of your site and persist to blast music throughout the night or be…

• A view from our campsite
  • We took our family hiking
  • Had a campsite date
SiteNear lake, by boat docking
Chris B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Cheers 🍻

Awesome place, Campground 17 was a cool little walk to the lake! Plenty of room for shore fishing and exploring! The Ranger seems to be on it about the reservations and getting there early...We got there 2 hours early and just started setting up lol Overall solid spot 🤙🍻

M
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Disappointed

Well we stayed here for two nights and frankly I wasn’t very impressed. The Campground is really only for permanent residents, everyone else ends up in a dirt lot essentially. Nearest bathrooms were a bit of a hike, so were all amenities. We paid for water and electric. The noise level was crazy...…

Sitedon’t remember
Antonio M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Each experience better than the last!

Started off just getting to know the area, wanted to ensure I had a good footing before overwhelming myself. Each visit we explore a different recommendation from reviews or posts and it’s been amazing getting to explore.

Sitedon’t remember
Russell C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

High up and So Cool!

Up in the pines and smells great! Lots of dispersed spots waiting for you but the early bird gets best choice!