The best BOAT IN camping near
Sanford , ALABAMA

Most Recent Sanford Camping Reviews
Beautiful Setting

Lake surrounds all sites. Beautiful setting.private baths.huge amenities center. Fishing and glamping tents

Nice scenery

Nice Scenery owner is very nice But the staff is very rude. And a lot of drugs come through there

Great find

This was one of the better parks on this trip. Most sites are on the water and with great views of the lake. We chose #2 which was great. Site 1 was a good ways away, behind us so to speak, and to our door side was a good expanse of trees & brush. Site #3 was barely visible. There are about 8 sites on the hill away from the water, close together and seem nice for the largest of rigs. Our tablet & phones both showed available park wifi but it was very intermittent and not reliable. We used ATT & Verizon which both worked fine. Easy drive on good roads. Would definetly return.

Great park

Awesome friendly clean family oriented

Perfect weekend getaway

Very well kept! Site 25 was my favorite because of the view and wildlife! Our dogs loved watching the deer! ❤️

So much potential

We made reservations before hurricane sally. Before we left home we called to verify that they had power and were open. Which they were all clear. Upon arrival the camp ground is beautiful and shaded. Nice amenities. The camp host met us at the office for our late check in and was a complete doll. Our site was roomy clean and well maintained. Bring plenty of food as there’s only a dollar general up the road unless you get on the interstate to Crestview. We woke up the following morning to about 2-3 foot of water under our camper where the river had flooded. Most of the camp ground had been evacuated. Some cars were completely under water and campers totaled. When we called the office we were told by a very grumpy man that we couldn’t move to a dry spot across from us because the water would be gone by the afternoon. I feel as if this situation could have been handled better. No one ever came to check on us even after multiple phone calls. We ended up pulling out with no where else to to stay. In the end landed at a hotel. We were unable to find anyone to discuss a refund or credit. We decided to just cut our losses. I understand unforeseen events happen but I felt as though we were uncared for during the drastic turn of events. Had we been able to stay under normal circumstances I think we would have had a quite pleasant experience. Over all I would attempt to come again.

LOVE

Took our first trip here.. everyone was very friendly..beautifully kept grounds..nice breeze..family oriented..overall great experience! Will be back again and again!!!

Blackwater River State Park, FL

Very nice park. Clean and quiet.

Very nice park

Nice park. There is still some tree down from storms. And there were tons of ant. We even pretreated around the site and at any part of the camper that touched the ground and we still got ants. They said they are an invasive species from Argentina and were going to be having a specialized treatment done for them. Hopefully that will rid the park of them. We still will go back.

Overnight paddle or bust

I’ve been coming here for years. I haven’t camped at the campsite but I’ve canoe camped along the river. If you do the 23 mile paddle, you will barely see anyone for the first half and you can camp on any beach you please. Awesome trip for a big group, but also amazing if you want a primitive experience by yourself or with a partner. I’ve done both. Bathing in the river after sundown with my partner was fantastic. It’s a very leisurely paddle with mostly flat water, but don’t underestimate the obstacles in the river, especially if you’re in an aluminum canoe and inexperienced at paddling. The second half of the trip is loaded with day-trippers and tube floaters so you’ll definitely want to camp before you reach the halfway mark. Overall it’s a magical place and I highly recommend it.