Madison, ALABAMA

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Madison Camping Reviews
Great campground with lots to do !

Right on the water at lake Guntersville, golf course, restaurant, walking trails, boat ramps & docks, play ground, basketball court & much more!

Lovely spot, lots of great hiking trails

We've lived in Huntsville since'87 and never camped at Monte Sano. Once we sold our house we camped their through the Christmas holidays to be near family. We got a lot of rain and our particular site did not drain well, so would probably choose another next time we stay, though the office said they were going to do some site maintenance. So, maybe that will improve. There is lots of great wooded, hilly hiking on Monte Sano, which we took advantage of between the rains. Sites are spacious; you are liable to see the occasional deer out your window. Since the sites are quite wooded, though not secluded from each other, satellite coverage is likely only possible after leaf fall. We had intermittent DISH coverage at our site. Downtown Huntsville is a mere 15 minute drive with lots of dining and cool nightspots(try Humprhies. Also visit Lowe Mill, Stovehouse, Campus 805. Plenty of good local breweries. One thing we will say about Huntsville is their recycling is limited (no glass). We hope that soon changes.

Highly recommend

I would highly recommend anyone wanted to camp in a clean and safe place, come here.  The new owners have worked hard and it shows.  So peaceful!

Summer:)

We had the best time! Loved being right on the lake

Don’t be fooled...

All of the beautiful waterfront photos posted by other reviewers are of “Tims Ford Marina & Resort” not the actual State Park Campground!! The SP campground has TINY campsites that are best suited for tent campers or tiny campers only. We have a tiny camper and most spots would not accommodate us here. Sites 1-4 have sewer. The rest have water/electric only. There are new bathrooms in the park and a nice playground. Lots of trails throughout the park and connected to the campground.

Kids loved the park

I am very grateful to the manger.  We had a long day driving, everyone was tired and we had a flat tire coming into the park.  One of the staff members help up and wow that was a big stress relief.  Thank you Tom!  The next day we had a birthday party in the park area and everyone had a good time.  Again, thank you!

Loved the Cabin

When I woke in the early morning, the breeze coming in from the cabin patio felt wonderful.  The views made me feel as if I was in a coffee commercial.  haha  I took a walk to the office and had a cup of amazing coffee after.  Yes, I believed I was in the commercial… haha But seriously, we had a great time!  Its above what I expected of a KOA actually.  Will be returning soon.

One of the best campgrounds.

Home sweet home!  Campgrounds was fun, clean and friendly staff.  A great place to loose stress.  We took a kayak out fishing and caught a large bass.  Fun memories.

Nice place

Off the beaten path but conveniently located close to town.
The showers are really clean. We stayed the week of Thanksgiving, so it was decorated really cute.