Camping in Rosecrans

43 Reviews of 5 Rosecrans, Wisconsin Campgrounds

Heather H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Door county get away

We showed up late Friday due to some issues with our pop up. The lady called and asked when we were arriving that was so nice. The campsites are tightly packed but luckily we got a nice wide open one right next to the perfectly cleaned bathrooms and showers. I loved that they have a social…

Sitecc04
D
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Big lake campground

WiFi is too slow to stream. We used our T-Mobile hot spot instead. Old but clean and quiet campground. Owner is personable.

Lynn N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Peaceful

Peaceful quiet campground with a nice pool, well stocked fishing pond for catch and release. Only downside, there is nothing to do at this campground, and you have to drive 30 minutes to the city. Close enough to Lambeau Field for you Packer fans.

M
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Peaceful, great food

If your looking to quietly sit around the fire the marsh is great! Not much for kid entertainment except a playground and fishing. The restaurant on site has great food though!!!

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great campground

Nice campground with lots to do nearby

Emily M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Bizarre Experience

This was the strangest camping experience I've ever had. It was early June and there were maybe two or three other sites set up in the entire campground. I made my reservations online for a tent site and nothing indicated that the site I selected was an overflow site. These "overflow" sites were…

SiteOverflow Tent
Adam B.
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Great sites right on lake Winnebago

Sites within 20 feet of the lake make for beautiful sunsets! Clean park! Several trails. Saw several deer. Also has a boat launch.

• our site
  • out the back window
  • sunset
Tim C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

A hidden gem!

Secluded campsites, laid back staff, just a stones throw from the water!

cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Great spot year round

I visit this site often and love it. Great walking and biking trails, and reasonably private sites. The 300 and 400 loops are better and the 500 loop is the best in terms of space and privacy.

If you do t mind cold camping (or have a 4x4 class B like me) go in the winter. Beautiful and empty. So…

Kaylyn C.
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2021

Love it!

Nice beach/swimming area, bike path, and playground for the kids. Also the most beautiful sunset over the lake and pines in July

Adam E.
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2020

Nice spot for family camping

My partner and I camped here with our son for a night. We reserved a spot kind of late and wound up between the shower building and a loud group of hunters in an RV. If we return we'll definitely try to get one of the more secluded walk-in spots that are maybe 40 meters off the road. I'd recommend…

• Pier near the park entrance. 1/2
  • Pier near the park entrance. 2/2
  • Ice Age Trail 1/3
Month of VisitNovember
C
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2020

Nice Place

Nice, quiet campground. Family oriented and right next to a state park for hiking, biking & running. Spacious sites with fire ring & table. Great place to explore the peninsula from.

C
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2020

Great sites close to city

Mauthe has several great wooded sites.  You can’t go wrong with how close the park is to Milwaukee.

Jennifer G.
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2020

One of our favorites!

Calumet County is one of our favorite places to go - it’s close to home and quiet with gorgeous views of the lake. It’s hard to get our favorite site but there are plenty of nice sites in the park.

Susannah B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2020

Spacious sites!

Excellent county campground with some of the largest sites we’ve come across. Things we look for in a campground: space from neighbors (because of our barky dogs), shade (especially when it’s 90 degrees!) and quiet. This park checked all the boxes! The only downside is that you can’t really access…

• Site 13