Seymourville , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Seymourville Camping Reviews
Downey Meadow RV Campground

Bring your Camper, RV, Utility Trailer, Van, Pick-up or Tent. Downy Meadow RV Campground is mostly flat and grassy, with electric, water, and dump station. Clean shower and bathroom. Suggest bringing your own food, as no restaurant is on site. To make a reservation call Eric or Danielle Showalter @ 540-820-3605 or 540-830-2670, $15 per person per night-CASH

Great site even when cloudy

This was a great campground. We booked a “walk up” but our parking spot was just down 3 or 4 stairs so it was very easy to go back and forth. We had a large tent pad, fire pit, and picnic table, and there was a water pump right by our parking spot. There were several vault toilets nearby and we never had to wait in line. The sites were well spaced out and while we could hear our neighbors talking, everyone was respectful of the quiet hours.

We chose this location for the stargazing, but the fog was so dense we could barely see in front of our faces in at night and into the early morning! I would not recommend driving to the site at these times because we could not see either side of the road through the fog. However, during the day it was a beautiful drive up the mountain with several scenic overlooks.

There were very few maps of the trails posted so take pictures online before you go. The trails were well marked and interconnected, so you can make your loop as long or short as you’d like. There were many rivers and waterfalls along the way and several dispersed campsites with fire pits around the trails. The hikes were not particularly difficult, but each one had very unique terrain (rocks/mud, steep meadow, flat forest, etc.) and very unique foliage.

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Great location

A large group of us camped in the section that was a little secluded along the river. Easy put-ins for canoes and kayaks. Great flat spots. Felt a world away--yet close to some of the best outdoor recreation in the country!

Clean, well-maintained, and easy trail access!

I loved my stay at Campsite 4! I even surprisingly got one bar of 4G, too.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.

Amazing Campground!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this campground in March of 2021. We went to the area to visit Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

We stayed in site #11. The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you could definitely see other sites across the road. There were a few that caught my eye for future trips, but this one was lovely enough!!

This is a small campground, which made it feel very homey. All of the campers were so friendly. The camp host was also a joy! Always had a smile on his face. Most of the sites are 60' long and very spacious!!

Dogs are welcomed with open arms at this campsite!! My two doggos had a great time. Just be careful!! One of mine ended up with a thorn in his foot pad.

Will definitely return to this campground in the future!

Amazing Views

So many different landscapes packed into on area. We did an overnight trip and had so much fun. 10/10 recommend.

Really nice...

Really nice campground, fair amount of amenities for kids, cavern toir was pretty cool too. Only complaints are unlevel sites and dirt/dust from golfcarts and people driving settled on everything.